You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poland Away in September - Wroclaw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poland Away in September - Wroclaw
    Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:39pm
If anyone is interested in doing the doubler, flights from Bristol to Warsaw and Katowice on the Saturday after the Wales match around the €40/€45 mark

Edited by nvidic - 31 May 2018 at 7:05am
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:40pm
Will probably do the double myself. Unsure if I'd be better off coming home then out to poland say Sunday or like you've suggested straight from over there
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:46pm
Need a minimum of 6 overnights to do the double.
Getting to Poland early will keep the cost down.

Venue not finalised yet afaik, although a couple of media outlets here jumped the gun and said Warsaw.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Need a minimum of 6 overnights to do the double.
Getting to Poland early will keep the cost down.

Venue not finalised yet afaik, although a couple of media outlets here jumped the gun and said Warsaw.

I'd be surprised if it was Warsaw
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 6:50pm
This looks like one I'll have to skip, booked up for the other 4 aways and a holiday to Vegas and Cancun, it's a shame because I would have opted for Poland ahead of Paris. Still tempted to book a cheap flight to wroclaw early on matchday from cork just in case I manage to swing it later in the year. Should make most cities by kick off from there.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 07 Feb 2018 at 6:50pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

This looks like one I'll have to skip, booked up for the other 4 aways and a holiday to Vegas and Cancun, it's a shame because I would have opted for Poland ahead of Paris. Still tempted to book a cheap flight to wroclaw early on matchday from cork just in case I manage to swing it later in the year. Should make most cities by kick off from there.

You’ll be there Kev. Sure get the missus to book it for you birthday ;)

Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:20pm
Think it has to be Warsaw, the Polish FA have an agreement to play in the national stadium only (AFAIK). I've booked flight for morning of match and back next day anyway to Warsaw, €60 return. Aer Lingus seem to have cancelled their Warsaw flight I also notice.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Jasonic Jasonic wrote:

Think it has to be Warsaw, the Polish FA have an agreement to play in the national stadium only (AFAIK). I've booked flight for morning of match and back next day anyway to Warsaw, €60 return. Aer Lingus seem to have cancelled their Warsaw flight I also notice.

It won't be Warsaw
I know nothing :-)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 10:17pm

Sure they played us in Poznan in 2013
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 10:17pm
At a glance it seems to be competitive games in Warsaw and friendlies move around the country
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 11:23pm

Nah, their last game was in Gdansk and the next three are in Wroclaw, Chorzow (effectively Katowice) and Gdansk. They're all friendlies, so the competitive thing *may* hold water, but they seem able to play friendlies wherever they want.

Poland isn't like Ireland... Warsaw metropolitan area has a population of about 3 million in a country of 38 million, so less than 10%. Dublin has over 30% of the population of Ireland. If you include outlying counties, it's closer to half.

They have much greater incentive (and far better stadiums) when it comes to moving games around.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:48am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Nah, their last game was in Gdansk and the next three are in Wroclaw, Chorzow (effectively Katowice) and Gdansk. They're all friendlies, so the competitive thing *may* hold water, but they seem able to play friendlies wherever they want.

Poland isn't like Ireland... Warsaw metropolitan area has a population of about 3 million in a country of 38 million, so less than 10%. Dublin has over 30% of the population of Ireland. If you include outlying counties, it's closer to half.

They have much greater incentive (and far better stadiums) when it comes to moving games around.

Did they just open a new stadium here a few months ago? 

That's where my money would be.
I know nothing :-)
Dr Benson View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Benson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 3:34am

Join the great illuminati brotherhood today and become richer, once you join the brotherhood, you will be given two million dollars instantly and you will be earing $500,000,00. Evry 7 days join today and become richer and famous i am one of the illuminati member sent by the high priest to bring as many of those how are interested of becomeing a member of the illuminati to the great illuminati temple am a traditional harbalist healer and no problem without a solotion to me. But i was ones like you i could not evening feed my family what kind of life was that to live. I live in poverty until i saw as opportunity to be a member of the great illuminati brotherhood and i took my chances and i have been a member for close to five years now. And the higher you get the richer you become illuminati makes your business grow. To love attraction money and many more other benefits of it,but no going back porverty is a disease!!! if you are interested contact now!!! on:09030355238 or drbenson666@gmail.com
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 6:28am
Personally I think it will be gdansk
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 7:33am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Did they just open a new stadium here a few months ago? 

That's where my money would be.

This one was opened last October.  Historic Polish ground.  

We played there in 1958 in front of 100,000 fans.  

Hope it is Katowice as have never been in that part of Poland.  However it could be anywhere at this stage.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:05am
The Poles first game after the World Cup is a ENL game away to Italy.
Their next game is the friendly against us and then they have 2 home ENL games in October.
If they are contracted to play competitive games is Warsaw, its highly unlikely that our game will be there. And looking at the geographical split for their other fixtures this year - Wroc SW, Chorzow S, Gdansk N my hunch is that it may well be Poznan revisited.

Of the other main cities - Lodz, Bydgoscz, Bialystok, Krakow, Lublin only Krakow has a stadium with a capacity over 25,000.

Personally would love it to be in Bialystok if only for The Producers connection.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 9:15am

That's some top class panicking right there Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 11:01am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

That's some top class panicking right there Clap

It's some top class gobsh*tery that's what it is
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic