FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNorth of Ireland (h) - November 15th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 3:57pm
We badly need Rice to stay if we are to have a chance next year.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why in the f*ck would he? Just watching England now. Beat Spain and Croatia in their group. Nuff said. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Why in the f*ck would he? Just watching England now. Beat Spain and Croatia in their group. Nuff said. 

And their weakest link is defensive midfield...
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 4:14pm

He would want to be completely braindead to play for us at the moment. A side going absolutely nowhere, with no confidence whatsoever, managed by two unsackable clowns with a style of play that makes Andorra look like an attacking side. As said by PM, midfield is England's weakest area. With Dier & Delph there, I'd strongly fancy my chances if I were him.

Edited by grannyrule - 18 Nov 2018 at 4:53pm
The only way is up
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 4:24pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

In a few years time they'll be singing another national anthem - amhran na bhfiann.

A United Ireland is not going to be the same as present just with 32 counties.  The unionists would have to be integrated into society and concessions would no doubt have to be made.  The flag and anthem would probably have to change amongst other things. 

But the Republic flag is already the ultimate concession to the protestants. Green on one side for us, orange on the other for them. White in the middle for peace. You can't get a bigger concession then orange representing your bigoted order. The anthem would have to change but i don't understand the flag. 

Anyway paddy Power did the rounds and it looks like most didn't even know the matches are on.

Edited by eireland - 18 Nov 2018 at 4:24pm
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 4:46pm

But who do we have that's good? Brady and Hendrick aren't turning out to be much are they? Davis ran the show the other night and we've no one near as good as him in midfield. The likes of the little Cork City striker with the stupid haircut who's name escapes me hasn't done anything at this level either. 
From watching these players, they can't control a football or pass the ball. I can't see another manager changing that any time soon. 

I would say they are all under performing under the current management. They would almost certainly look better with a different manager and system. Maybe not fantastic, but still better.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 4:52pm
The flag may well have been drawn up with both communities in mind, but it has come to be seen by the Unionists as a representation of everything they are against. It is the flag used by the IRA and, even as an IRA sympathiser, I accept that won't fly.
Bad puns aside, it may be the basis for a flag, but it is more likely to be something as simple as a gold harp on a green background with a red hand or something thrown in.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:08pm
Watching Norvern Eire v Austria and the commentator said Steven Davis isn't getting into the Southampton matchday squad these days
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:14pm

Watching Norvern Eire v Austria and the commentator said Steven Davis isn't getting into the Southampton matchday squad these days

He is 33 now though so probably won't play as often as before. He'd still walk into our 1st eleven.
The only way is up
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:14pm

The likes of the little Cork City striker with the stupid haircut who's name escapes me hasn't done anything at this level either.

Jesus Christ, man, he’s had 2 or 3 appearances as a sub and has been plagued by injuries - give him a chance ffs 🙄
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

In a few years time they'll be singing another national anthem - amhran na bhfiann.

A United Ireland is not going to be the same as present just with 32 counties.  The unionists would have to be integrated into society and concessions would no doubt have to be made.  The flag and anthem would probably have to change amongst other things. 

But the Republic flag is already the ultimate concession to the protestants. Green on one side for us, orange on the other for them. White in the middle for peace. You can't get a bigger concession then orange representing your bigoted order. The anthem would have to change but i don't understand the flag. 

Anyway paddy Power did the rounds and it looks like most didn't even know the matches are on.

The swastika is an ancient symbol of spirituality and peace. Try explaining that to a Jewish person when you’re flying one opposite his house. 

The negative element of Irish Republicanism have hijacked thetricolour. Painted kerbstones, graffiti, draped IRA coffins with it, it adorns all SF election posters. All the while, the Irish people said nothing about it. So, to many, the tricolour represents militant republicanism rather than a symbol peace, or even the legitimate uses, representing the Irish state. 

Edited by inlikeflynn - 18 Nov 2018 at 5:27pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Wales are a long way ahead of us even taking Bale out of the picture ....they have alot of good young players come through for their full team, most are operating at top end Championship level but when compared to what we have in the likes of O'Dowda and Robinson they are streets ahead

We have lots of good young players too, albeit they're perhaps a couple of years younger than Wales'. Wales have a hell of a lot of driftwood in their squad, and very little depth (this is one of the reasons why Giggs is cleverly trying to expand his player pool). There's certainly a tendency to overrate other teams players and underrate our own too. For example, we seem to take it for granted than Brooks and Ampadu are top players even though they've only been on the block for a hot second; we're much more cautious about elevating our own players to such lofty heights so quickly. Similarly, many criticise Brady/Hendrick/McCarthy etc for not living up to their potential; yet in the same breath they laud Joe Allen and Ashley Williams despite the fact they'd surely also criticise them for "not living up to their potential" if they were Irish.....
We're decent enough..
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 5:58am
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The swastika is an ancient symbol of spirituality and peace. Try explaining that to a Jewish person when you’re flying one opposite his house. 

The negative element of Irish Republicanism have hijacked thetricolour. Painted kerbstones, graffiti, draped IRA coffins with it, it adorns all SF election posters. All the while, the Irish people said nothing about it. So, to many, the tricolour represents militant republicanism rather than a symbol peace, or even the legitimate uses, representing the Irish state. 

WowDead, are you Michael Stone in disguise? You Absolute gobsh*te.
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

depressing stuff, its bad enough our football is sh*t ,or manager is sh*t,after Thursday it seems some of fans behavior is sh*t (im talking about the Muppets that attacked the northern fans)
Is this what you're referring to [bold]?

Two Northern Ireland football fans were brutally attacked on Thursday night as they made their way to the Aviva Stadium for the international friendly with the Republic of Ireland.

Andrew Meeke (29) from Dundonald, Co Down and his brother-in-law Richard Rooney (26) from Tyrella were treated by an on-site ambulance after being left with head injuries which required bandaging.

The incident occurred at around 7.30pm when the men were set upon by three Republic of Ireland fans on the Shelbourne Road as they made their way to the stadium.

Mr Meeke and Mr Rooney were accompanied by a number of friends, and were in "good spirits" drinking with Republic of Ireland fans in a pub near the stadium before deciding to leave for the game.

It started as Mr Meeke and Mr Rooney walked ahead of their friends towards to stadium when all of a sudden Mr Meeke found himself on the ground after being struck by what he described as a “cheap shot”.

He told The Irish Mirror: “I thought I just stumbled to the ground or something. I didn’t realise that I was hit until well after it happened.

"It was a completely unprovoked attack that came from nowhere and after I was punched, my brother-in-law Richard was hit. I think after that more members of our group caught up and saw what happened; my uncle got involved and a bit of a scuffle broke out briefly."

However, Gardai were on hand in a matter of moments and separated the two groups.

Mr Meeke added: “The Gardai broke everything up and we were taken to an ambulance just up the road to be treated before we made our way on to the game after. Apart from the attack, fans were getting along great and I didn’t see any other acts of violence.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/two-northern-ireland-fans-brutally-13600261

Meanwhile, Mr. Meeke looks to be the guy referred to in this post from another forum (my emphasis):

"Seen a fella with a massive shiner in the bogs at the end, jumped on his way to the match by fans of the occupied 26 from our own country of course."

Still, it was probably all his own fault for walking up the road like an Orangeman... Wacko 

Edited by Territorial - 19 Nov 2018 at 9:45pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

depressing stuff, its bad enough our football is sh*t ,or manager is sh*t,after Thursday it seems some of fans behavior is sh*t (im talking about the Muppets that attacked the northern fans)
Is this what you're referring to [bold]?

Two Northern Ireland football fans were brutally attacked on Thursday night as they made their way to the Aviva Stadium for the international friendly with the Republic of Ireland.

Andrew Meeke (29) from Dundonald, Co Down and his brother-in-law Richard Rooney (26) from Tyrella were treated by an on-site ambulance after being left with head injuries which required bandaging.

The incident occurred at around 7.30pm when the men were set upon by three Republic of Ireland fans on the Shelbourne Road as they made their way to the stadium.

Mr Meeke and Mr Rooney were accompanied by a number of friends, and were in "good spirits" drinking with Republic of Ireland fans in a pub near the stadium before deciding to leave for the game.

It started as Mr Meeke and Mr Rooney walked ahead of their friends towards to stadium when all of a sudden Mr Meeke found himself on the ground after being struck by what he described as a “cheap shot”.

He told The Irish Mirror: “I thought I just stumbled to the ground or something. I didn’t realise that I was hit until well after it happened.

"It was a completely unprovoked attack that came from nowhere and after I was punched, my brother-in-law Richard was hit. I think after that more members of our group caught up and saw what happened; my uncle got involved and a bit of a scuffle broke out briefly."

However, Gardai were on hand in a matter of moments and separated the two groups.

Mr Meeke added: “The Gardai broke everything up and we were taken to an ambulance just up the road to be treated before we made our way on to the game after. Apart from the attack, fans were getting along great and I didn’t see any other acts of violence.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/two-northern-ireland-fans-brutally-13600261

Meanwhile, Mr. Meeke looks to be the guy referred to in this post from another forum (my emphasis):

"Seen a fella with a massive shiner in the bogs at the end, jumped on his way to the match by fans of the occupied 26 from our own country of course."

Still, it was probably all his own fault for walking up the road like an Orangeman... Wacko 

Oh no, the big bad Irishmen victimising the poor, helpless Brits yet again. That's been a historically consistent story, hasn't it? LOL
We're decent enough..
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:59pm
When it's wrong it's wrong. These are two lads going to support their country. Disgraceful carry on by our own supporters 
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:00pm
That it is. However, I think it's clear Territorial is attempting to make a more wide-ranging (and patently false) argument.
We're decent enough..
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

However, I think it's clear Territorial is attempting to make a more wide-ranging (and patently false) argument.
Namely?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5657585960>
  Share Topic