Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 72>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

If a team mate accidentally handles the ball and puts you through on goal you'd nearly be as well passing the ball back to the midfield to start a "new phase of play"
That's how silly this rule is

That is unless its Jordan Henderson of course

It's a conspiracy so it is!

Edited by the_walls - 17 Jan 2020 at 3:22pm
Sponsored Links

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

If a team mate accidentally handles the ball and puts you through on goal you'd nearly be as well passing the ball back to the midfield to start a "new phase of play"

It's ruining my both team to score bets. Needs to go.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:32pm

Ahh I wouldn’t say that
Mind you, the only three goals I’ve seen this season were a hand was used in the build up, that were allowed to stand, were all scored by Liverpool LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:17pm
Watching MOTD here and VAR hasn’t got anything wrong yet 

Amazing 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:39pm
Spoke too soon
Arsenal should have had a penalty and West Ham player got away with a head butt 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:33pm
Two Sheff Utd players in the box and Henderson well off his line when Jesus struck the penalty 

They have technology now to keep things like that consistent I thought
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:39pm

Two Sheff Utd players in the box and Henderson well off his line when Jesus struck the penalty 

I was surprised it wasn't retaken too but the commentators said VAR doesn't check this. Presumably it's only if the penalty is missed.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:47pm
I'll have to see the replays at half time but I don't agree with that Luiz sending off. Mustafi was basically on the line so Luiz wasn't the last man. Unless the last defender rule has changed and I'm not aware of it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I'll have to see the replays at half time but I don't agree with that Luiz sending off. Mustafi was basically on the line so Luiz wasn't the last man. Unless the last defender rule has changed and I'm not aware of it.
https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/chelsea-arsenal-david-luiz-penalty-17608862
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:53pm

I was surprised it wasn't retaken too but the commentators said VAR doesn't check this. Presumably it's only if the penalty is missed.

They don’t check if the keeper comes off his line as far as I know 
That’s up to the on field officials 

VAR checks players encroaching, we’ve seen pens be retaken this year. You’d just think that with the technology they’d consistently get those sort of things right, shouldn’t be hard 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2020 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/chelsea-arsenal-david-luiz-penalty-17608862

Cheers.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 11:34am
The VAR had a nightmare in the Liverpool Southampton game yesterday 
Firmino and Ings should both have had penalties
Liverpool scores straight away after the Ings one 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 12:02pm
Ings one is as clear a penalty as you will see. Should have been a penalty for the foul on Firmino also.

As I've said before, if it's clear that the highest level of referees are actually reffing the matches, and these guys are generally awful - just imagine how p*ss poor the standard of the VAR will be a lot of days.

The whole setup is sh*t. Just bin it.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 12:07pm
I think if Liverpool hadnt scored straight away there’d have been more chance Ings would have got the penalty
A bit like another incident I remember not so long ago 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Feb 2020 at 12:07pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 12:11pm
I'm convinced it would have been given  had Chamberlain not scored straight after. They had plenty of time and it's a clear penalty. Then the VAR pleb is thinking, Liverpool have just gone 1 up at home and I have to chalk that goal off and give a penalty against them instead. No thanks LOL

The setup is nonsense.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 12:33pm
Leicester should’ve had a pen yesterday when Rudiger handled it at 2-2. Considering the enforcement of the hand ball rule so far this season I dunno how it wasn’t given 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 12:47pm
Can't give a penalty for that. His hand is by his side albeit with his back kind of turned. If penalties are given for that we are into Planning territory where every handball in the box results in a penalty.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 2:49pm

I think if Liverpool hadnt scored straight away there’d have been more chance Ings would have got the penalty
A bit like another incident I remember not so long ago 
They said in MOTD that VAR checked the pen and didnt give it.
There has been incidents where a goal is ruled out and they went back a gave the pen down the other end.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 72>
  Share Topic