Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 8:22pm
They seem too afraid to over rule a refereeing decision, unless it’s an offside 

There were two Liverpool players in the box when Milner hit the penalty as well.  
Sponsored Links

the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Liverpool were a bit blessed today. It did look like a penalty in real time, then on the replay you would say it was a bit harsh. 
There was a bit of contact and a tangle, but Mane made a meal of it. 
If it was against Liverpool or Ireland then I’d be well pissed off

It's a definite penalty in my view. I'd fully agree Mane makes a meal of it and it's not nearly enough contact to put him down but at the same it definitely interferes with him playing the ball. That's a foul and therefore a penalty.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:02am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Liverpool were a bit blessed today. It did look like a penalty in real time, then on the replay you would say it was a bit harsh. 
There was a bit of contact and a tangle, but Mane made a meal of it. 
If it was against Liverpool or Ireland then I’d be well pissed off

It's a definite penalty in my view. I'd fully agree Mane makes a meal of it and it's not nearly enough contact to put him down but at the same it definitely interferes with him playing the ball. That's a foul and therefore a penalty.
I’d agree with that. Contact in the box without getting near the ball is gonna be a peno. And no way will a video official overrule a ref 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 1:50am
Wasnt a peno IMO. Yes therr was a bit of contact but he took a further touch and then went down. Not every touch has to be a peno. I dont think there was enough contact to award a peno.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 7:05am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Wasnt a peno IMO. Yes therr was a bit of contact but he took a further touch and then went down. Not every touch has to be a peno. I dont think there was enough contact to award a peno.

Agree with this. It’s a contact sport 

Mane clearly waits for the slightest contact and then goes down belatedly 
No penalty 
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 7:23am
Definite penalty, quick thinking by Mane, Leicester defender panics.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Agree with this. It’s a contact sport 
Shearer said this last night.
Its actually not.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Quick thinking? He went down in instalments 
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 8:13am

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Quick thinking? He went down in instalments 

Quick thinking by Mane to get on the ball and shield it from the Leicester player who panics and makes contact, definite penalty.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:07am
Whether it’s quick thinking to get the ball or not is totally irrelevant for me.
There’s contact yes, but enough to knock a player over? Not a chance. As we saw with Mane staying on his feet for a few seconds and then going down
Not a pen IMO
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 10:11am
Definitely a penalty for Albrighton on Mane. Stupid tackle.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2019 at 12:40pm
It's a horrible one for the referee tbf. He knows that Albrighton has a little nick at Mane, he knows Mane makes a meal of falling over. 

Albrighton is stupid to make contact with Mane. You leave yourself open to giving away a penalty. Mane knows the only way he gets the penalty is to fall down after the contact, as even if he was hacked at and stays up he wouldn't get the call.

How about a penalty and a yellow card for Mane for playacting after he was actually fouled? It should happen regularly enough around penalty decisions imo.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 7:37am

VAR is a great idea but unlike in other sports they haven’t a clue how to use it in football 

Rendered pointless
Spot the bitter City fan. 

The penalty call in the Liverpool v Leicester game was correct. 

Elsewhere, the penalty call in the West Ham game was also correct. Traitor handled the ball in his own box and paid the consequences. I'm sure he can spend the next week getting tea and sympathy from his nation's most popular waistcoat, about how unjust he thought it was. 

Bang. Penalty scored. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 9:26am
Obviously the Rice handball was a penalty. I didn't see anyone argue otherwise.

Mane's, well I've said enough on the actual awarding of that one. So Mane's is a penalty but David Silva v Bournemouth away and Haller at home to Newcastle (I think) for West Ham aren't penalties? Isn't this system supposed to eradicate errors?
And what about the 2 Liverpool players being well inside the box when Milner struck the penalty? How come West Ham were punished for this on the opening game of the season but no one else has been since? Consistency would be nice.

Did you watch any of City v D Zagreb in the CL last week? you think VAR was well used there?
Its a total shambles. The problem is they're too afraid to over rule a referee. What do they think the ref is going to do, take his whistle and go home in a huff if he's proven to have got something wrong

Calling me a bitter City fan and pointing to the Declan Rice handball, which no one complained about, is a pretty poor argument for VAR

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Oct 2019 at 9:33am
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 2:27pm
The handball by Traitor at the weekend, flies in the face of the myth put out  there that every defender has carte blanche to handle the ball in the box, with no consequences.

VAR only intervenes when a clear and obvious error has been made. Subjective calls in the EPL, are left to the ref on the field to decide. The referee on the field is responsible for encroachment at penalties by the attacking team. The VAR has only intervened in encroachment by the defending team on one occasion, because the penalty was missed. 

VAR has corrected 15 injustices in the EPL this season, a rate of 1 decision per 5.3 games. 229 goals to date have been perfectly valid from the 230 that have counted. So despite the high bar restrictions, VAR is making a positive difference to a league where cheating and factual errors used to occur on a weekly basis. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 2:38pm
You're intent on talking about this Rice handball (and ignoring all my other questions) as if it was some sort of controversial decision

His arm was above his head and it was a penalty as clear as day.

Were you not arguing after Sissoko's penalty call in the CL final that this season if it hits a defender's hand in the box that its a penalty no matter what? I'm pretty sure you and Hans had a summer long debate on it and that was your stance. So how therefore, could Rice's handball not be given?

anyway, what about my other points?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 Oct 2019 at 2:41pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 8:41am
They were all covered in the last post. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 12:50pm
No they weren’t

So did you see the City v Dinamo Zagreb CL highlights last week?

Can you tell me why when a cross came in and a Zagreb defender lifted his hand into an unnatural position and punched the ball away that this wasn’t given as a penalty by the VAR after the referee missed it? Especially after you arguing all summer that Sissoko vs Liverpool in the CL final type incidents will be penalties all day long from now on once it’s touches the arm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 72>
  Share Topic