Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:12pm
Anyone see the cricket today?

Never liked the review system. Justice wasn’t done because Australia had used up all their reviews, despite it being a clear mistake by the umpire 

Not perfect either their use of video refs 
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The VAR decision for Cities 3rd goal against Spurs was one of the worse decisions I've ever seen.

Confused

3rd Goal?? Last time I looked, the game finished 2-2.  Has someone awarded City a goal, that we don't know about? Confused

Sorry, I remember. Yes, it really did finish 2-2, as VAR did the job it is there to do. 

Edited by planning - 25 Aug 2019 at 9:18pm
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:18pm
Defo peno for spurs. He just fell under him and brought him down. Was it the fact that he didnt hack him down. How can they not give that. Joke.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The VAR decision for Cities 3rd goal against Spurs was one of the worse decisions I've ever seen.

The thing about it is I think the system is ok but the people making the VAR decisions are making a complete cock up of things.

It is amazing that people didn't see that this would be an issue. The standard of refereeing on the pitch in football is generally muck. Most of these lads doing the VAR jobs are obviously not good enough to be on the pitch. So you now have idiots on the pitch not having a notion what they are at and even bigger idiots up in a box making comical decisions.

The setup is a complete sh*t show. I am actually starting to enjoy watching matches now with VAR just to see how bad the f*ck up in each game will be, and by god you are almost certain to have one. 

VAR Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:10pm
Also on show in the Bundesliga.
Schalke had 2 hand ball decisions for penalties not given in their game vs Bayern yesterday. One was a deffo and the other a poss seeing other decisions to cancel goals this season so far 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The standard of refereeing on the pitch in football is generally muck. Most of these lads doing the VAR jobs are obviously not good enough to be on the pitch. So you now have idiots on the pitch not having a notion what they are at and even bigger idiots up in a box.

VAR Clap

All of them are fully qualified, highly experienced officials. They often ref two  league games per weekend, on the pitch one day, and off the pitch the next.

In just 3 weeks, the amount of goals ruled out by VAR has matched the amount ruled out by VAR before this season.  
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:40pm
Didn’t see any football today
Watching MOTD2 now
That decision against Kane is just making a mockery of the whole VAR thing tbh

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:58pm
And now the David Silva penalty review LOL

Absolutely clueless 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

The standard of refereeing on the pitch in football is generally muck. Most of these lads doing the VAR jobs are obviously not good enough to be on the pitch. So you now have idiots on the pitch not having a notion what they are at and even bigger idiots up in a box.

VAR Clap

All of them are fully qualified, highly experienced officials. They often ref two  league games per weekend, on the pitch one day, and off the pitch the next.

In just 3 weeks, the amount of goals ruled out by VAR has matched the amount ruled out by VAR before this season.  
Are these the same officials that you had a notebook full of their mistakes last season? They are now top class are they?

You couldn't make it up LOL LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Also on show in the Bundesliga.
Schalke had 2 hand ball decisions for penalties not given in their game vs Bayern yesterday. One was a deffo and the other a poss seeing other decisions to cancel goals this season so far 

Pavard handball a definite penalty and the Peresic handball a 50/50 call?
It always seems that VAR works very hard for FC Bayern to give them any 50/50 calls but VAR are very reluctant to give anything at all against FC Bayern. The refs and VAR seem to be afraid to upset the Bayern mafia (Rummenigge, Hoeness, Salihamidzic, Kovac).

Edited by Mulvanystrasse - 25 Aug 2019 at 11:14pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:13pm
The one from the free kick was hard to explain. More so with VAR available.
 Struck his arm and deflected the ball awAy from the goal for a corner. 

Is its purpose is getting millimetre offside calls ?

Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

The one from the free kick was hard to explain. More so with VAR available.
 Struck his arm and deflected the ball awAy from the goal for a corner. 

Is its purpose is getting millimetre offside calls ?

If Schalke players had handled in the same way they would be definite penalties every time. The Bayern bonus, not like they need a lot of help.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
I wouldn't be adding Kovac to the Bayern mafia. He is already on borrowed time.
The tax dodging wurst maker and Rummie lead the way. 
They show no mercy.
The Kaiser is long gone from Bayern affairs .. directly and indirectly. 
Oli K seems to be another heading to their blacklist as his TV punditry is reducing I think.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:35pm

Are these the same officials that are now top class are they?

You couldn't make it up.

No, they are the same officials you say are...

idiots on the pitch not having a notion what they are at and even bigger idiots up in a box.

...making it up. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Are these the same officials that are now top class are they?

You couldn't make it up.

No, they are the same officials you say are...

idiots on the pitch not having a notion what they are at and even bigger idiots up in a box.

...making it up. 

LOL LOL LOL

Your thoughts on the amount of woeful decisions in the PL this week?
- Chelsea clear penalty for foul on Azpilicueta not given
- Spurs clear penalty for foul on Kane not given
- City clear penalty for foul on Silva not given

There are plenty more, not even mentioning all of those handballs that you said would be penalized every single time LOL

VAR  greatest comedy in town LOL
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 12:27am

Your thoughts on the amount of decisions in the PL this week? LOL

Two words. "High Bar". Covers the lot. 

Meanwhile, PSG v Toulouse in Ligue 1. Handball by defender in box, VAR review, Bang. Penalty Awarded. 

But the FFF use the full VAR, not the "High Bar" version. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:00am
LOL LOL LOL

So is it the French league now where every handball in the box by a defending player will result in a penalty? 

I admire the lengths you are going to cover the utter nonsense you've spouted on here ClapClapLOLLOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:03am
Btw high bar LOL LOL Azpilicueta might as well have been taken out by a sniper ala John Black, the FA Cup winning captain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 72>
  Share Topic