Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:23pm
Just had a look and it looked like  a blatant dive! 
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Just had a look and it looked like  a blatant dive! 

He wasn’t in control of the ball

It was the slightest of touches 

Never a penalty.

No doubt planning will come on and say 1000000% a peno and VAR is always right.

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

How are you fixed for all those penalties in Europe for handball LOL 5 mins into the final, blatant handball by Christensen, no penalty.

This isn't going well for you Planning LOL LOL LOL

Haven't seen a replay yet but did the ball not hit his left arm which was across his chest?

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

How are you fixed for all those penalties in Europe for handball LOL 5 mins into the final, blatant handball by Christensen, no penalty.

Haven't seen a replay yet but did the ball not hit his left arm which was across his chest?

Yep. By blatant handball I meant that it clearly struck Christensens arm. Some would have you believe that every single handball by a defender will now result in a penalty. Clearly though, there are numerous scenarios where the ball can be handled and no penalty should result.

Thought it was a fair enough call on the Christensen handball myself. In a European game as well no less, where I was lead to believe that without doubt all of these handballs would be penalties LOL unlike in the ghastly PL where they are making up their own handball rules as they go along LOL

Oh there's going to be a lot of notebooks used this season on all of these "incorrect" handball penalty decisions.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 15 Aug 2019 at 8:38am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:50am

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Yep. By blatant handball I meant that it clearly struck Christensens arm. Some would have you believe that every single handball by a defender will now result in a penalty. Clearly though, there are numerous scenarios where the ball can be handled and no penalty should result.

Thought it was a fair enough call on the Christensen handball myself. In a European game as well no less, where I was lead to believe that without doubt all of these handballs would be penalties LOL unlike in the ghastly PL where they are making up their own handball rules as they go along LOL

Oh there's going to be a lot of notebooks used this season on all of these "incorrect" handball penalty decisions.

I didn’t think it was a handball as he was a foot away from the kick but I was sure VAR would give it.

Hands were up and blocking the goal - I was led to believe that was a peno now.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:07am
There are numerous scenarios where the ball can be handled in the penalty area and a penalty not be awarded. The new directives to referees aren't that much different to previous years, the biggest issue will be the arms at the side (see Watford not being awarded a pen against Brighton when it clearly hits his hand also - the question to answer there is how far out is his hand, silhouette position etc.).

Hand across the chest like Christensen won't be given as a penalty. Sissokos CL penalty where ball deflects from one part of your body onto your arm is never, and will never be a penalty.

The scenarios are pretty clear now, only 1/2 are there where the ref needs to make an interpretation of the situation (silhouette position bigger when ball strikes the arm).

On the Christensen one, if his hands were slightly higher, and balls hits them at just above shoulder height iirc (might be head height) , this is now always a penalty.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 15 Aug 2019 at 9:09am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:17am
Last night Joe Cole suggested the VAR team were reluctant to over-rule the (female) ref as it was a big occasion and the first time females were being used.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Last night Joe Cole suggested the VAR team were reluctant to over-rule the (female) ref as it was a big occasion and the first time females were being used.

Well, the penalty decision for the foul on Abraham was dodgy at best (was it a clear dive or am I going mad?). Adrian was clearly off his line for the final penalty in the shootout also. Whatever about the possibility that they didn't want to show up the female referees (the womens world cup was ruined by female officials), VAR was a no show last night. Did it take the night off?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:53am
Adrian in the shootout last night LOL

Image result for will ferrell var gif

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:37am

Well, the penalty decision for the foul on Abraham was dodgy at best (was it a clear dive or am I going mad?). Adrian was clearly off his line for the final penalty in the shootout also. Whatever about the possibility that they didn't want to show up the female referees (the womens world cup was ruined by female officials), VAR was a no show last night. Did it take the night off?
The two angles I saw it from suggest clear dive.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:35pm

Never a penalty.

Similiar to the England penalty v USA in the WWC. I saw the contact, I didn't see the foul. But VAR has access to about 30 camera angles. So if they say it's a penalty, then obviously they have seen a reason to justify it. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:45pm
Have just watched the highlights again and it really is farcical. The Chelsea lad should be getting a ban for a few matches. As bad a dive as I have seen.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:48pm
Chelsea one was never a penalty. Slight contact but nowhere near enough to bring him down. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Chelsea one was never a penalty. Slight contact but nowhere near enough to bring him down. 
It wasn't a foul in basketball, never mind football!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Never a penalty.

Similiar to the England penalty v USA in the WWC. I saw the contact, I didn't see the foul. But VAR has access to about 30 camera angles. So if they say it's a penalty, then obviously they have seen a reason to justify it. 

LOL LOL shock horror that was your conclusion

And your thoughts on how all handballs will result in a penalty, especially in Europe. How come the ref and VAR gave nothing for Christensen clear handball?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 6:15pm
Get the jotter out Planning, ball heading for goal blocked by the hand  of Soyuncu of  Leicester LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:53am
VAR, or Laporte's arm, whatever way you want to look at it, cost some fella in England 45k on SkyBet over the weekend.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:30pm
Great quote by Mourinho on VAR

Only thieves complain when they introduce security cameras 

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 72>
  Share Topic