Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 69707172>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:22pm
Never a pen in a million years but this year you never know, Utd would probably get it.

Smashing tackle, nearly old skool.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Never a pen in a million years but this year you never know, Utd would probably get it.

Smashing tackle, nearly old skool.

Anthony Taylor from Greater Manchester gave them a lot last night to be fair
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:55pm
Clear and obvious error today by Mike Dean giving Liverpool a free when he shouldn’t have
Why did VAR not bring it back for the drop ball? Is that not the kind of thing it was brought in for?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Clear and obvious error today by Mike Dean giving Liverpool a free when he shouldn’t have
Why did VAR not bring it back for the drop ball? Is that not the kind of thing it was brought in for?
Is VAR not for when the Ref cant make a decision. In this case he made one, nobody knows why though LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:52pm
How can the VAR look at Tielemans on Werner and not see it as a clear and obvious error?

Jaysus wept 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:57pm
Some of the decisions in the Brighton v City game were remarkable 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:33pm
Another shocker in the Leeds game

They’d be safer scrapping VAR in England as the officials are actually worse when they’ve the benefit of numerous replays 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:37pm

Some of the decisions in the Brighton v City game were remarkable 

Yeah thought the ref was very poor tonight...Jesus at the end must of been very close to a pen,seeing it in slow mo I thought he was gonna give it.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 11:39pm
And another one
Cavani yards offside and replays show Fernandes didn’t touch it 
Result - rushed decision to allow the goal to stand 

Match of the Day is hilarious tonight. They really haven’t got a clue 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:05am

They’d be safer scrapping VAR in England as the officials are actually worse when they’ve the benefit of numerous replays

There's more chance of Ireland hosting next year's Eurovision. 

Great spot to rule out the Chelsea handball v Leicester and the penalty that won the game. Without it, we would be looking at another Maradona error to decide who qualifies for the European Cup and who doesn't. 

Quote Clear and obvious error today by Mike Dean giving Liverpool a free when he shouldn’t have

It's not a drop ball or a foul, so nothing should be given. Play should just continue. Only Dean knows why he blew his whistle. VAR can't intervene. 

Mike Dean infuriates everyone, is long past retirement age and his decisions are often in the headlines. He needs to go back to Tranmere, and let more competent refs have a go instead. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:11am
FFS a one eyed man would have spotted Werners handball goal
Hardly a great spot with countless replays, he literally punches it in

The foul for the penalty was a yard inside the box so again, with the benefit of replays it had to be given

They shouldn’t be congratulated for getting these obvious decisions correct 

What about these absolute whoppers tonight?

Tielemans on Werner no penalty 

Cavani’s goal, five yards offside and no evidence from any angle that Fernandes touched the ball

Bamford being fouled but didn’t dive so no penalty was given

Cancelos red card was dubious to say the least, as was the decision to only give Jahankabash a yellow for a knee high foul on Gundogan 
And I’ve no idea how they reviewed the Lallana on Jesus decision and said it wasn’t a penalty 

VAR is a decent system being run shambolically in England 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 19 May 2021 at 12:14am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 6:27am
I guess the VAR incorrect decisions even themselves out over the course of a season. 

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:45pm

FFS a one eyed man would have spotted Werners handball goal
Hardly a great spot with countless replays, he literally punches it in

The foul for the penalty was a yard inside the box so again, with the benefit of replays it had to be given

They shouldn’t be congratulated for getting these obvious decisions correct 

What about these absolute whoppers tonight?

Tielemans on Werner no penalty 

Cavani’s goal, five yards offside and no evidence from any angle that Fernandes touched the ball

Bamford being fouled but didn’t dive so no penalty was given

Cancelos red card was dubious to say the least, as was the decision to only give Jahankabash a yellow for a knee high foul on Gundogan 
And I’ve no idea how they reviewed the Lallana on Jesus decision and said it wasn’t a penalty 

VAR is a decent system being run shambolically in England

If you're going to bawl about VAR when you find a needle in a haystack, you should give it credit where it's due. 

I haven't heard why they didn't give the Tielemans incident as a foul, but for whatever reason they didn't. I have heard why they didn't give offside against Cavani, and I agree with them. If that goal is disallowed, you have Brendan and doherty on here bawling "get rid - ruining the game". Sure the player concerned gave his opinion 2 hours later, when he's got the decision his way and he knows nothing can be done to change it. 

The penalty at Southampton should be given and you know why it wasn't. But if it is, posters come on here bawling that the player dived and PM bawls that he should be booked for unsporting behaviour. The red card at Brighton is a straightforward case of last man and Dogso. It's not a clear and obvious error by the ref. Off you go. 

The obvious decisions that were corrected were not given on the pitch. If VAR was scrapped, then the top 4 slots would be decided because of an outrageous handball goal by a cheat. That shows again why I want VAR to stay, and I want more of it. Every goal scored must be valid, and we have VAR there, to see that it is. With 99%+ of all decisions given correct, it's not a decent system, it's the best system we have. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:53pm
I give VAR credit when it works

Recent examples - the Chelsea offside on Saturday against Chilwell and the penalty given against Zinchenko against PSG that was swiftly over turned

There have been far too many glaring errors from it in the premier league this season, for a system that’s supposed to eradicate clear and obvious errors.

Last night I counted one big big mistake in each match. We’re talking massively bemusing calls by 3 or 4 officials. 
It’s gone on throughout the season consistently 

You’d have to wonder about the refs watching the screens how they can see something and give a decision that everyone else can see is wrong. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 7:20pm
Lloris cleans Watkins out of it and both the ref and VAR decide against a penalty. Lloris not in control of himself so it's a blatant peno IMO.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:58pm

I give VAR credit when it works

Recent examples - the Chelsea offside on Saturday against Chilwell and the penalty given against Zinchenko against PSG that was swiftly over turned

There have been far too many glaring errors from it in the premier league this season, for a system that’s supposed to eradicate clear and obvious errors.

Last night I counted one big big mistake in each match. We’re talking massively bemusing calls by 3 or 4 officials. 
It’s gone on throughout the season consistently 

You’d have to wonder about the refs watching the screens how they can see something and give a decision that everyone else can see is wrong. 

You said they don't have to be congratulated for correcting decisions. Maybe they don't, but at least they should get the credit for it because if we don't have VAR, wrong decisions are allowed to stand, and I can't accept that. 

I only found one big mistake in the games last night, the rest I can see why they were not given. It's one too many, but it's a hell of a lot less than if VAR was scrapped. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 5:47pm
Harry Kane uses his hand to control the ball in the box.
Could say it was accidental but definitely helped him control the ball that lead to the goal.

Var review, that’s fine Harry. Glad to help out. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:12pm
How will Planning excuse that one.

It’s the lack of consistency in applying the rules that ruins VAR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 69707172>
  Share Topic