Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:21am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Offside efforts, given as goals. Clearances behind the goalline allowed to stand, clear and obvious penalties not checked. That's what passes as refereeing these days in the international game, without GLT or VAR.

It will be great to get back to normal from this weekend. 

Var is great, love having all the breaks in the game and inconsistent decisions. The handballs are fun now - you may as well spin a wheel to decide if it’s given or not. 

Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 8:17am
Mad to think that the Henry ahndball could still happen today in the equivilent game
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:03pm
Sound like a broken record on this thread, but how on earth can a team of professional referees look at several replays of that high boot in the Burnley/Newcastle game today and not award a penalty? Its totally baffling week after week. 

The same with John Stones having his shirt pulled and dragged to the ground on a free kick yesterday. 

The McTominay/Son incident I can excuse as I can see how by the letter of that law that may be seen as a "foul", even though it was extremely soft, but some of these are completely absurd. 

Take the offsides out of it, as they're making a balls of it with lines on different parts of peoples arms, some of the decision making we are seeing is pathetic. 

City get awarded a penalty last week against Borussia Dortmund for a challenge by Emre Can on Rodri. Can gets booked. 
Ref goes to look at replays and it clearly shows that Rodri isn't touched, and certainly not anywhere near his face yet he's down holding his face. Ref overturns the penalty but Can's yellow stands, and Rodri isn't booked for play acting. 

Just a total pathetic absence of common sense 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 Apr 2021 at 11:04pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 4:31pm
Going by the new rules that should have been a handball by Shaw. 

I'm glad to see common sense used as Shaw didn't try to play it with his arm and didn't extend it or anything like that but technically it should've been given. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Going by the new rules that should have been a handball by Shaw. 

I'm glad to see common sense used as Shaw didn't try to play it with his arm and didn't extend it or anything like that but technically it should've been given. 
MUFC fan... "we want common sense"
Leeds fan.... "we want consistency"

That'll forever be the problem with VAR
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 11:32pm
Good advert for VAR tonight
That’s exactly what it was brought in for 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 7:35pm
How can you want it scrapped when at times like the European Cup semi final, we can all see why it's needed?

As the BT heads then conceded "thankfully we have the technology here". It's back in the women's tournament next year, from the quarter finals on. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

How can you want it scrapped when at times like the European Cup semi final, we can all see why it's needed?

As the BT heads then conceded "thankfully we have the technology here". It's back in the women's tournament next year, from the quarter finals on. 

Fabian Balbuena.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:46pm
LOLLOL

Absolute shambles.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:00pm
Do you think that was a penalty?
It’s hard to call I think 
He got the ball with a good tackle but did then foul him after 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:05pm
He got the ball but then he levelled your man. Definitely a peno.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

He got the ball but then he levelled your man. Definitely a peno.

He cleared the ball and the follow through was accidental. 
Didn’t stop a goal scoring opportunity.

I think that’s a good call. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:12pm
There was a game a while ago whereby the defender got the ball but cleaned out the attacker, and it was a peno.

What's the rule here?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

There was a game a while ago whereby the defender got the ball but cleaned out the attacker, and it was a peno.

What's the rule here?

Was it not the Balbuena red card incident against Chelsea? Never a red card and rightly got overturned.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:22pm

Edited by King_Kenny - 13 May 2021 at 9:34pm
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:31am
Looked bad when it happened but replays showed it wasn't a penalty. He gets the ball and then momentum follows through. It was clumsy enough but then again most things Bailly does are.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:55pm
Slowing it down proved he got the ball, which in hindsight is what VAR is there for. 

In some incidents slowing it down doesn't give a fair reflection of an incident, but I think it was spot on there with this one
In real time it looked like a pen but slow motion replays showed he got a good foot on the ball before any contact with the man
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 1:00pm
Ive seen plenty of incidents where a foul was given even though the player won the ball but followed through. It this inconsistency that has VAR down as a joke.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6869707172>
  Share Topic