Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020 at 7:54pm
I’d imagine if Pickford hadn’t saved that shot it would have been disallowed for offside

Liverpool still got a corner though even though Origi was offside, which is a flaw with the directive for linesmen to keep their flags down. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Jan 2020 at 7:54pm
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 3:40pm
It's just one of numerous holes in the VAR setup. All of these things should have been sorted out 3-4 years ago while testing out the system. There needs to be uniformity across every single part of the VAR system in every league and competition. The whole thing is a comedy at this stage.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 1:08am
Willian getting a penalty for a comical dive today was a great highlight of VAR this weekend. It is amazing with video replays that diving and feigning injury is now completely enshrined in the game at the top level. That decision just topped Everton being denied a clear penalty for a foul on Walcott when clean through on goal. 

Those decisions should keep the VAR correct call percentage up at around that 99.3 percent mark Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Willian getting a penalty for a comical dive today was a great highlight of VAR this weekend. It is amazing with video replays that diving and feigning injury is now completely enshrined in the game at the top level. 

Those decisions should keep the VAR correct call percentage up at around that 99.3 percent mark Clap

Yeah. What you call a "comical dive" , was a "penalty" according to the Burnley manager. Probably will keep the correct call percentage as it is. 

Most comical of the lot were the bunch of Palace hypocrites who found a few binbags and a bottle of Tippex handy, to call for the impossible. Then they all cheered when VAR had to correctly dismiss one of their opponents for a lunge that more resembled something from a Jackie Chan movie. I assume they all speak English, therefore the phrase VAR IS PERMANENT should not be that difficult to understand.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Don't know how many share this view, but I'm of the opinion that VAR should only be used for clear offsides, DELIBERATE handballs preventing or creating goals and mistaken identity. Using it for tackles makes things extremely complicated as a lot of tackle's legality is a matter of opinion
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

Don't know how many share this view, but I'm of the opinion that VAR should only be used for clear offsides, DELIBERATE handballs preventing or creating goals and mistaken identity. Using it for tackles makes things extremely complicated as a lot of tackle's legality is a matter of opinion
But you need the Video Assistant Referee to decide if the on field refs have missed a clear offside don't you? So really you mean VAR should always be used, but only alert the ref when it is a clear offside. 

Similarly, you need the VAR to decide if it is a deliberate handball or not.
Americanisms View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Americanisms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 2:25pm
Yes that is what I mean, always used, sometimes alerted.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Americanisms Americanisms wrote:

What constitutes a clear offside?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 3:12pm
Offside is offside. I heard Souness waffling on about "daylight" recently. WTF does that even mean? That leaves things open to interpretation which surely is wrong. VAR is correct to check these decisions. 

If a hand is used, intentionally or not, in the lead up to a goal, it's right to be disallowed.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Offside is offside. I heard Souness waffling on about "daylight" recently. WTF does that even mean? That leaves things open to interpretation which surely is wrong. VAR is correct to check these decisions. 

If a hand is used, intentionally or not, in the lead up to a goal, it's right to be disallowed.

Daylight is when the forward who receives the pass is completely ahead of the defensive line when the ball was played. 

It sounds good in theory, it solves little in practice. You just move the lines somewhere else. So armpits, shoulders, legs, feet still have to be checked, and you have the same delays. Offside is black or white, there's no grey area involved. 

As regards the last weekend, the Traitor became a self appointed spokesman for all footballers views about VAR, instead of just admitting he tried to cheat his way to an illegal goal for his team, except he couldn't con the camera, like he could con the ref. We all know from Henry in Paris, the damage a handball in the build up to a goal causes. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:23pm
We are back to Henry in Paris LOL LOL LOL
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

We are back to Henry in Paris LOL LOL LOL
We’ll always have Paris !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2020 at 4:53pm
I agree, how do you define daylight in relation to offside?

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 10:24am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Daylight is when the forward who receives the pass is completely ahead of the defensive line when the ball was played. 

It sounds good in theory, it solves little in practice. You just move the lines somewhere else. So armpits, shoulders, legs, feet still have to be checked, and you have the same delays. Offside is black or white, there's no grey area involved. 

As regards the last weekend, the Traitor became a self appointed spokesman for all footballers views about VAR, instead of just admitting he tried to cheat his way to an illegal goal for his team, except he couldn't con the camera, like he could con the ref. We all know from Henry in Paris, the damage a handball in the build up to a goal causes. 

Who's the traitor? LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 17 Jan 2020 at 10:24am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 11:58am
Liverpool - Everton cup game a few weeks ago. Origi has a shot, saved by Ruprecht - out for a corner.
Replay showed clearly showed Origi offside, commentators said if Origi had scored it would have been disallowed by VAR.

Had Liverpool scored from the ensuing corner, would a goal have stood ?

Are they meant to review the build up to a goal if an error was made ?

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Liverpool - Everton cup game a few weeks ago. Origi has a shot, saved by Ruprecht - out for a corner.
Replay showed clearly showed Origi offside, commentators said if Origi had scored it would have been disallowed by VAR.

Had Liverpool scored from the ensuing corner, would a goal have stood ?

Are they meant to review the build up to a goal if an error was made ?

Could be wrong but my understanding is that the corner would be considered a separate phase of play so they wouldn't look at anything before the corner was taken. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 2:16pm
If a team mate accidentally handles the ball and puts you through on goal you'd nearly be as well passing the ball back to the midfield to start a "new phase of play"
That's how silly this rule is

That is unless its Jordan Henderson of course

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Jan 2020 at 2:16pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 2:32pm
If he scored before the corner, the goal would be ruled out. If Origi scored after the corner, it would stand, as it's a different move. 

Edited by planning - 17 Jan 2020 at 2:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 72>
  Share Topic