Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 12:20am
I’m just at the West Ham game now on MOTD

Was Stevie Wonder the VAR for this one?
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 12:29am
Can’t blame the VAR for the total f**k up in the Villa game, as the ref blew his whistle before the ball is put in the net.

He couldn’t have f**ked that decision up more if he’d tried
Should be demoted to league two for next week 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 6:22am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Can’t blame the VAR for the total f**k up in the Villa game, as the ref blew his whistle before the ball is put in the net.

f**k off, the ones we have are bad enough!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

VAR could do nothing about awarding the goal. It have given a penalty to Villa for Grealish being clattered by Cahill though. That was before the whistle blew and it was a clear foul. In doing that though, they would had to reverse one of the worst decisions by a ref in football where a player fouled twice in the space of seconds got booked for diving.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 9:16pm
Interesting to see in the Inter game, Inter player blocks the cross with his arm, VAR look at it and correctly say it's not a penalty.

There was me thinking that every handball would result in a penalty in the other major European Leagues besides the PL. Maybe those leagues are actually using the laws of the game to adjudicate on these handball scenarios after all.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 01 Sep 2019 at 9:16pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I actually think if VAR was there in Paris in '09 they would have left Henry off with the handball, what with refereeing decisions bring subjective and all. I mean who is to say where a hand ends and a chest begins, or a hand ends and a shoulder begins. I'm now of the thinking that it was a perfectly legitimate goal at the time.

The ref in question was told by his assessor in his dressing room after the game, that it was a clear handball. He was promptly relegated to the reserve ref list for the World Cup the following year. That was FIFA's response for him allowing a move comprising of 2 offsides, 2 handballs, and a foul, to have us kicked out of the WC. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 1:00am
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 6:24pm
I see Mike Riley, Premier League referee chief, has admitted that 4 mistakes have been made this season. That's a start, once he multiplies that by 10 now he'll be close to the truth and they can start to see where they are getting so many things wrong.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:08pm
No VAR during the week across Europe. How did everyone get on?

Mistakes Made:
Armenia v Italy: Italy goal ruled out for offside. Player onside.
Serbia v Portugal: Portugal goal given. Player offside. 

Laws Applied:
Lithuania v Portugal: Handball in penalty area. Bang. Penalty scored.
Azerbaijan v Croatia: Handball in penalty area. Bang. Penalty scored. 
Finland v Italy: Handball in penalty area. Bang. Penalty scored.

But I thought....
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 8:56pm

I see Mike Riley, Premier League referee chief, has admitted that 4 mistakes have been made this season. That's a start, once he multiplies that by 10 now he'll be close to the truth.

It's his opinion that there have been 4 mistakes. Under his high bar, cherry  picking VAR operation, there has been 1 error to date. The other mistakes he talks about are all a matter of opinion, and so are technically not mistakes, under his rules. 

Even if it is 4 errors, it's a massive improvement from the going rate of 3-4 errors per week last season. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019 at 9:33pm
Planning's signature LOL

Cue Hans's response.....
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 2:22am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

No VAR during the week across Europe. How did everyone get on?

Mistakes Made:
Armenia v Italy: Italy goal ruled out for offside. Player onside.
Serbia v Portugal: Portugal goal given. Player offside. 

Laws Applied:
Lithuania v Portugal: Handball in penalty area. Bang. Penalty scored.
Azerbaijan v Croatia: Handball in penalty area. Bang. Penalty scored. 
Finland v Italy: Handball in penalty area. Bang. Penalty scored.

But I thought....

Are you actually at this every handball is a penalty thing again. F*ck me sideways, you genuinely are as thick as a plank. Do you actually know anything about the current laws around handball? 

MLS game recently, the ref gave a penalty for a ball hitting an arm in the penalty area. The ball clearly does hit the defenders arm. The defenders arm is tucked into his body though. VAR tells the ref to have a look. The ref checks the monitor and immediately over rules his original decision. It was clearly a mistake to originally award the penalty so fair play to the ref for getting it right in the end.

Planning, can you tell me how this squares away with the utter verbal diarrhea you have been spouting about the handball laws?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 8:56am
I see Pukki was a good 4 yards inside City's box when the goal kick was taken that Otamendi made a mess off for the third Norwich goal

Isn't this the sort of thing that VAR should be picking up on? Clear and obvious
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 9:43am
A lot of people thought the introduction of VAR would lead to a rake load more penalties in the PL - after a few weeks into the season though the opposite is true. Referees seem to be abdicating responsibility on the closer calls now - i.e unless it's stone wall they just don't do anything and allow VAR to review it. The problem with that is that VAR isn't overruling the ref on anything unless it is completely blatant that they got it wrong.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 11:20am

F*ck me sideways

No. 

What you call "verbal diarrhoea", I call "facts". When the facts subsequently appear in front of your screen, you launch a tirade of insults to decorate the non counter argument you have. Like Spurs fans probably did after half a minute of the European Cup Final. Never mind, there's more facts for you to see. 

Second game I watched in Ligue 1 last weekend. Monaco v Marseille. Accidental handball by defender in penalty area. Ref 30 yards away from incident. Bang. Penalty Scored. 

If you know anything about football, you know that you can't handle the ball in this sport. Those defenders who handle the ball in the penalty area, are at risk of conceding a penalty. It's been like that since the 1860's. It's still the case today.  

With 16 European games under VAR inspection this week, there's bound to be more wrong decisions to be corrected, with no high bars or thresholds around, to restrict it's use. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 11:30am
The Southampton defender handled the ball in his box on Saturday and no penalty
How do you explain that Planning?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 11:35am
The penalty box wasn’t even introduced until the 1900’s...
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

A lot of people thought the introduction of VAR would lead to a rake load more penalties in the PL - after a few weeks into the season though the opposite is true. Referees seem to be abdicating responsibility on the closer calls now - i.e unless it's stone wall they just don't do anything and allow VAR to review it. The problem with that is that VAR isn't overruling the ref on anything unless it is completely blatant that they got it wrong.

Yea Mike Dean had no interest in consulting VAR over the Fredericks penalty incident at the end of last night's game. I thought it was a penalty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 72>
  Share Topic