Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 72>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The Brighton handball is the only decision of the weekend that I saw that I think VAR got wrong.

You can handle the ball in your own penalty box and it not be a penalty. That seems to be lost ever since the farce of a handball decision in the CL final last May. 

Now whether the Brighton handball is a penalty is debatable. The guidelines are clear, yet their is still obviously the human interpretation of it. It's probably just on the side of not being a penalty. If his arm was extended a little more it would be a penalty. It still isn't a black and white situation but imo the fact that they are writing specific scenarios into the directives is a huge positive.

The one thing was clearly wrong in that scenario is that Perreira should have been booked for mouthing at the ref. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The amount of time it takes to come to a decision is irrelevant - utter nonsense.
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

There is no law, none, 0, stating a referee must give a decision in x amount of minutes. If you can find one, you can then tell me what I'm spouting is nonsense.

You will of course have noticed that a goal was ruled out for handball at the weekend. That knocks the old, goals scored with the hands are "perfectly legitimate" theory on the head. 

On Watford v Brighton, you write that the grand total of one player protested the penalty appeal that was rejected. His 10 other teammates obviously couldn't be arsd. They all would have before VAR arrived on the scene. Pawson probably can't believe his luck.

The pundits on the day were astonished it wasn't given, but under the cherry picking English VAR rules used, I can see why. In the rest of the world, it is a stonewall. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:16pm
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Goals scored with the hands are perfectly legitimate theory LOL LOL LOL

You actually can't be that stupid. Lots of goals previously scored using the hand or arm were legitimate by the rules of the time. They have changed that now, correctly imo.

As for the clear handball that VAR looked at and did not give as a penalty. All the VAR did there was apply the rules. It is subjective to a point. What is does do though, is make an absolute f*cking mockery of your assertion that every handball will now result in a penalty with VAR. If I were you, I'd buy a few extra notebooks for this PL season.

As for the player harassing the ref. It's a yellow card and the ref bottles it. Your assertion that just because VAR is there now means no players will surround or mouth at the ref is absolute nonsense. That's been proved time and again over the past few months. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 14 Aug 2019 at 12:17pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:37pm

You actually can't be that stupid. Lots of goals previously scored using the hand or arm were legitimate by the rules of the time. They have changed that now, correctly imo.

As for the clear handball that VAR looked at and did not give as a penalty. All the VAR did there was apply the rules. It is subjective to a point. What is does do though, is make an absolute f*cking mockery of your assertion that every handball will now result in a penalty with VAR. If I were you, I'd buy a few extra notebooks for this PL season.

As for the player harassing the ref. It's a yellow card and the ref bottles it. Your assertion that just because VAR is there now means no players will surround or mouth at the ref is absolute nonsense. That's been proved time and again over the past few months.

No I'm not that stupid. I wouldn't be that stupid to suggest it in the first place. The only thing that has changed is the removal of the word "accidental". It  now allows any referee to punish any handball offence by a defender in the penalty area. Most will do that, except in England obviously. 

It's true that one player protested why the handball rules are different in the EPL from everywhere else on the world. But the myth of Cameroon Women style protests over every VAR decision against a team, was, is, and will be rubbish. Protesting against it is pointless, the man who makes the final decision isn't even there ffs.  
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:38pm
Saw this elsewhere and how apt

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I do enjoy seeing pictures of myself. Cheers Dinny Clap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 12:47pm

No I'm not that stupid. I wouldn't be that stupid to suggest it in the first place. The only thing that has changed is the removal of the word "accidental". It  now allows any referee to punish any handball offence by a defender in the penalty area. Most will do that, except in England obviously. 

It's true that one player protested why the handball rules are different in the EPL from everywhere else on the world. But the myth of Cameroon Women style protests over every VAR decision against a team, was, is, and will be rubbish. Protesting against it is pointless, the man who makes the final decision isn't even there ffs.  
The amount of utter nonsense you've written in the past few months about the laws of football and the use of VAR  - forgive me if I believe you just have to be that stupid. It's by far the most logical explanation.     
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Got a good old chuckle off that.LOL
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:38pm

The amount of utter nonsense you've written in the past few months about the laws of football and the use of VAR  - forgive me if I believe you just have to be that stupid. It's by far the most logical explanation.     

The amount of nonsense I read here and from other VARosceptics on other boards (who like you, invent conspiracy theories, question it's accuracy, and  want it scrapped) is stupid. As expected, every decision it made last weekend was 100% accurate, and the chance of getting it scrapped is 0%.  

Edited by planning - 14 Aug 2019 at 1:41pm
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 1:51pm
I have to agree I can’t see the problems guys have with VAR.
If the only issue is time for me this is only a matter of minutes or for my team team to be knocked out of competition by incorrect decision and be out of it until next season I know which I would prefer.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:00pm
VARosceptics LOL conspiracy theorists LOL

Almost everything you've written about VAR and the laws of the game in the past few months have been proved to be utter nonsense. Your delusional thoughts on VAR are a sight to behold.

Just now you say VAR was 100 percent correct in every decision last weekend. A few posts ago you say that the PL VAR were wrong on the Brighton handball decision and will continue to be wrong (disproving every utterance of nonsense about handballs you've been sh*tting on about all summer). You have to be that stupid, nothing else explains what you say about VAR LOL
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:08pm

you say that the PL VAR were wrong on the Brighton handball decision and will continue to be wrong 

LOL Wrong again. Surprise Surprise. LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:38pm

you say that the PL VAR were wrong on the Brighton handball decision and will continue to be wrong 

LOL Wrong again. Surprise Surprise. LOL

So the VARs decision to not give Watford a penalty for a clear handball was the correct one in your opinion?
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:09pm
What I said was...

The pundits on the day were astonished it wasn't given, but under the cherry picking English VAR rules used, I can see why.

That should be clear enough to understand. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:02pm

What I said was...

The pundits on the day were astonished it wasn't given, but under the cherry picking English VAR rules used, I can see why.

That should be clear enough to understand. 

LOL LOL LOL that's about as clear as the river of sh*t Andy Duefrine crawled through.

You can see why the penalty wasn't given. So VAR was correct in not awarding a penalty for a clear handball. I thought every handball was going to be a penalty now with VAR and the new handball directives, no?
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:59pm
Maybe the message will get through third time lucky...

under the cherry picking English VAR rules used, I can see why. In the rest of the world, it is a stonewall.

Do I have to write it a 4th time? Confused
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:07pm
How are you fixed for all those penalties in Europe for handball LOL 5 mins into the final, blatant handball by Christensen, no penalty.

This isn't going well for you Planning LOL LOL LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:17pm
Chelsea got the softest of penalties tonight.
How VAR allowed that is beyond me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 72>
  Share Topic