Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 72>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:40pm
Tbf, when I quoted that plank, the font stayed large when I responded. Tis a pain in the hole to read
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 11:58pm
@ Planning you still believe that every defensive handball in the penalty area will be given as a penalty from now on LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I mean what can anyone say to that. It is just utter nonsense really. What good is VAR to you when you have no idea of the laws of football, past or present? I can only imagine how many calls you had jotted down in your file last season that you thought were incorrect by the refs, that actually were spot on calls LOL 

On the Dutch penalty tonight. There are still grey areas in the interpretation of the bigger silhouette to arms by the side position. So when it's in between it's a judgement call. The rules really are the same in essence as last year, my brain hurts hearing so many people say they've totally changed, like yourself. In fact there's an argument to be made that there should be less ridiculous handball calls next season as they've pointedly said certain scenarios (Sissoko handball deflecting it onto himself) are not to be adjudged as penalties.

On the Dutch game earlier, the referee there needed to take the distance into account the distance between the ball and defender, and then it probably should not have been a penalty imo. The problem is that this is still a judgement call by the ref though, it's not black and white. There will be a huge amount of handballs exactly like that in the PL this season, and no penalty will be awarded. You understand that don't you?

Or should be talk about Michel Platini for some reason LOL that was one of the most brilliant tangents I've ever seen someone go off on LOL

Edited by Hans Moleman - 26 Jun 2019 at 12:00am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 12:23am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Writing in bigger font makes the case for or against VAR inarguable. 

What?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Writing in bigger font makes the case for or against VAR inarguable. 

What?
He said that writing in a bigger font makes the case for VAR inarguable.
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 7:55am
What?
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:16am
Ye need bigger font lads
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 11:06am
Moleman doesn't like VAR but everyone else does i'm guessing. Does anybody even read these posts?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

@ Planning you still believe that every defensive handball in the penalty area will be given as a penalty from now on

I mean what can anyone say to that. It is just utter nonsense really. What good is VAR to you when you have no idea of the laws of football, past or present? I can only imagine how many calls you had jotted down in your file last season that you thought were incorrect by the refs, that actually were spot on calls 

On the Dutch penalty tonight. There are still grey areas in the interpretation of the bigger silhouette to arms by the side position. So when it's in between it's a judgement call. The rules really are the same in essence as last year, my brain hurts hearing so many people say they've totally changed, like yourself. In fact there's an argument to be made that there should be less ridiculous handball calls next season as they've pointedly said certain scenarios (Sissoko handball deflecting it onto himself) are not to be adjudged as penalties.

On the Dutch game earlier, the referee there needed to take the distance into account the distance between the ball and defender, and then it probably should not have been a penalty imo. The problem is that this is still a judgement call by the ref though, it's not black and white. There will be a huge amount of handballs exactly like that in the PL this season, and no penalty will be awarded. You understand that don't you?

Or should be talk about Michel Platini for some reason that was one of the most brilliant tangents I've ever seen someone go off on 

It was not a tangent. It should be clear and obvious after about 2 sentences of the paragraph, why I posted what I did about him. 

As I said, there is practically a penalty per day now in the tournament for handball. Some days there are 3 or 4 penalties given for handballs and other offences. These are given by some of the top referees in world football who know everything there is to know about the rulebook. Just wait until the likes of Moss, Friend, Pawson et al get their hands on the system. They'll be dishing out penalties like confetti on a weekly basis. 

The Sissoko handball is a penalty. All the qualified refs who you can't accuse of not knowing the rules, have said it's a penalty. Once it hit his outstretched arm, that's all the ref needed to point to the spot. He saw everything about the incident, Makkelie, Van Bolen and the two German assistants all saw what happened and upheld the decision. The decision is clear and obvious. 
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Moleman doesn't like VAR but everyone else does i'm guessing. Does anybody even read these posts?

You should read my posts. You'll learn a lot.

When you were lauding VAR only a few days ago for making sure in future that goalkeepers encroaching at penalties are dealt with, funnily you didn't seem to realise that VAR in the PL (you are a big Chelsea fan aren't you) won't be dealing with that. They'll turn a blind eye to it. Nothing to see here. Even if Ederson if 3 feet off his line saving from William to deny Chelsea a top 4 place in their last PL season of the season, VAR won't be getting involved if the on field officials miss anything. 

So you should read my posts. As clearly there are massive issues with the VAR system, and you have no clue whatsoever about them. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

@ Planning you still believe that every defensive handball in the penalty area will be given as a penalty from now on

I mean what can anyone say to that. It is just utter nonsense really. What good is VAR to you when you have no idea of the laws of football, past or present? I can only imagine how many calls you had jotted down in your file last season that you thought were incorrect by the refs, that actually were spot on calls 

Or should be talk about Michel Platini for some reason that was one of the most brilliant tangents I've ever seen someone go off on 

It was not a tangent. It should be clear and obvious after about 2 sentences of the paragraph, why I posted what I did about him. 

As I said, there is practically a penalty per day now in the tournament for handball. Some days there are 3 or 4 penalties given for handballs and other offences. These are given by some of the top referees in world football who know everything there is to know about the rulebook. Just wait until the likes of Moss, Friend, Pawson et al get their hands on the system. They'll be dishing out penalties like confetti on a weekly basis. 

The Sissoko handball is a penalty. All the qualified refs who you can't accuse of not knowing the rules, have said it's a penalty. Once it hit his outstretched arm, that's all the ref needed to point to the spot. He saw everything about the incident, Makkelie, Van Bolen and the two German assistants all saw what happened and upheld the decision. The decision is clear and obvious. 

I'll guess we'll leave it there so and look forward to all the European leagues that have VAR kicking off in a few months time. I hope you keep that notebook ready to jot down all the refs not awarding penalties for handball in the box by defensive players - the list will be endless so I hope you've a big notebook. Also please keep track in your notebook of how many refs don't award penalties for players deflecting the ball onto their own arm/hand ala Sissoko, which is now as a clear a directive as can be for the refs. 

I look forward to the VAR season coming up myself, and the thousands of penalties that will be given for handball. I expect not a single defensive handball will be gotten away with ( in contrary of course to the laws of the game LOL).
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 4:16pm

When you were lauding VAR only a few days ago for making sure in future that goalkeepers encroaching at penalties are dealt with, funnily you didn't seem to realise that VAR in the PL (you are a big Chelsea fan aren't you) won't be dealing with that. They'll turn a blind eye to it. Nothing to see here. Even if Ederson if 3 feet off his line saving from William to deny Chelsea a top 4 place in their last PL season of the season, VAR won't be getting involved if the on field officials miss anything. 

So you should read my posts. As clearly there are massive issues with the VAR system, and you have no clue whatsoever about them. 

LOLLOL

Rarely read anything over 4 lines on here. I read some of your posts, very rarely agree with anything you post. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 4:31pm
READ THEM FRANK. READ THEM.

YOU'LL LEARN LOTS LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 7:27pm

LOLLOL

Rarely read anything over 4 lines on here. I read some of your posts, very rarely agree with anything you post. 
LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 3:20am
VAR a f*cking abomination in the Brazil Paraguay game tonight. Football is now a bigger laughing stock than the rugby with this stuff and that is some going.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:18am
people just don't like change
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 8:50am
I think there is more to it than that. I think the vast majority of people involved in the game are in favour of VAR or similar, even if many, like myself, were sceptical. 
VAR is, I will concede, the right thing for the sport. However, the way it has been implemented has not. There is so much confusion and grey area that it has become farcical. The whole purpose of any refereeing or umpiring system, in anything, is to pretty much to blend into the background and just make important calls. That isn’t happening. The best referees, as the cliché goes, go unnoticed and that isn’t happening here. 
The decision to clarify the rules after VAR’s introduction was one mistake. The fact that referees at World Cups have never used it before another and the ambiguity around what VAR is supposed to do and what a ‘clear and obvious’ error is have compounded those.
Essentially, it is the right idea but wrongly implemented.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 9:17am
One of the main problems I have noticed about VAR is that there's too much nit-picking going on by the VAR officials - too often I've seen the VAR officials and the referee wasting an age looking at replays over and over again to see if a player's left toenail is offside. 

If their bosses could remind them that it's 'clear and obvious errors' that they're supposed to be looking for and reviewing, I think it would work much better. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 10:59am
But what is clear and obvious? The fact that that was never ironed out is a problem. As is deciding what has and hasn’t a major impact in the game. Football really does have a ‘butterfly effect’.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 72>
  Share Topic