Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 72>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**king hell Shocked LOL

Wow - a River-Boca Copa Libertadores final would be pretty amazing!

Clap Here's hoping.
Sponsored Links

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Wow - a River-Boca Copa Libertadores final would be pretty amazing!
This would signal the end of the World.

They'd need to play this match in North Korea and don't tell anyone the final score.

It would also most likely be a horrible match to watch
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 11:25am
Approximately 25 major decisions in the EPL called wrong by referees, in the first 100 games. An average of 1 major error every 4 games. Some of them making a major difference to the results. 

The EPL is the only one of the famous "Top 5 European Leagues" that is still relying on the naked eye rather than technology to make refereeing decisions, whilst other leagues can put them right on the spot. 

The EPL likes to see itself as the best league in the world and a beacon for innovation. This season, it's showing itself up for how backward it can be.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:44pm
I still don't get why pundits are moaning about VAR.  Duff was moaning about it on RTE now talking about stoppages etc from it.  There is constant stoppages for injuries, fake injuries, cats running onto the pitch, lads kicking the ball out because an opponent has gone down with an injury to their hair.

So what if it stops the game for a minute or two??  It's not like it is constantly flowing anyway. Football can be bloody boring at times and these incidents imo add to the drama as well as make the correct decision more likely.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:45am
VAR still managed to get a couple of wrong decisions in the Madrid derby on Saturday.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Football can be bloody boring at times and these incidents imo add to the drama as well as make the correct decision more likely.

Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

VAR still managed to get a couple of wrong decisions in the Madrid derby on Saturday.

Sure that's like saying CPR doesn't resuscitate some people after a heart attack, therefore its rubbish and should be scrapped as a treatment.

Like I said VAR makes sure a greater percentage of important calls are correct.  It's not foolproof. 

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:04pm

Sure that's like saying CPR doesn't resuscitate some people after a heart attack, therefore its rubbish and should be scrapped as a treatment.

Like I said VAR makes sure a greater percentage of important calls are correct.  It's not foolproof. 

It's not though, is it?

lessens the excitement if a player scores a 90th minute winner and has to wait for VAR to confirm the decision before celebrating.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:13pm
I like VAR, adds excitement and will be good for the game as it'll get more correct decisions than wrong.

One things that's a bollocks with it though is, I do a lot of bets on both teams to score or over 1.5/2.5 goals in matches. I've lost count of the number of times its flashed up on my phone that a goal has gone in only for goal disallowed to come up anything between 5 seconds and 5 minutes later. Angry

Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:30am

It's not though, is it?

lessens the excitement if a player scores a 90th minute winner and has to wait for VAR to confirm the decision before celebrating.

this argument is absolutely rubbish. Absolutely nobody will stop their celebrations

plenty of other sports have video review, often automatic for scoring plays, and match going and armchair fans do not stop themselves cheering late winners 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 11:48pm
A system that should be brilliant. A system that should mean that situations like the Henry handball never happen again. Instead it is a total and utter farce.

Women's world cup, complete and utter shambles due to VAR (and the comical handball rules). I missed the Scots game tonight but I heard it was another comedy show by the officials.

Copa America. Minutes of wasted time here in Qatar vs Colombia, the latter being awarded a penalty and then having it rescinded . Player being booked for the handball and then that gets rescinded. All the while it should take 1 replay and 15 seconds maximum for the VAR to have a word in the referees ear and say it clearly is not a penalty.

The sport is very like rugby now. It is dying a painful death with these absolute muppet rulemakers. A f*cking shambles.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

It's not though, is it?

this argument is absolutely rubbish. Absolutely nobody will stop their celebrations

plenty of other sports have video review, often automatic for scoring plays, and match going and armchair fans do not stop themselves cheering late winners 

Adds to the drama.  The Champions League semi with City v Spurs had City going crazy one moment and out of the competition the next.
Needs adjusting no doubt but they will get there in time.  
Didn't hear about tonight. What happened?

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:27am

Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

It's not though, is it?

Adds to the drama.  The Champions League semi with City v Spurs had City going crazy one moment and out of the competition the next.
Needs adjusting no doubt but they will get there in time.  
Didn't hear about tonight. What happened?
Interesting point about the City Spurs match, leading up to the VAR goal City had all the momentum and Spurs were barely hanging on. The delay for the VAR decision resulted in giving time for Spurs to regroup, reorganize and get their composure back, totally deflate City and stop the flow of the game. Had the ref blown for offside in the build up to the goal, City would still of had the momentum and might well have scored again. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:30am
Scotland had a penalty awarded against them by VAR, and it was a penalty.

Before the penalty was taken, the keeper was warned to stay on her line.

The keeper saved it.

The ref used VAR again and it was obvious the keeper had come forward before the penalty was struck.

The ref ordered a retake.

Argentina scored to make it 3-3.

They can have no complaints, frankly. The keeper was expressly warned to stay on her line; she didn't; the penalty was the right decision; the retake was the right decision; the goal was fair.

The biggest issue was that it all took a heap of time, and there was feck all added time thereafter.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:32am
A mix of terrible implementation of the VAR system, really poor standard of officials at all levels of the game, and law makers tweaking the rules farcically in the past year or so, have created the perfect sh*t storm in football. The whole game is now a comedy. Nigel Owens won't be long realising there's far more money to be made and fame in the other football code.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:37am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Scotland had a penalty awarded against them by VAR, and it was a penalty.

Before the penalty was taken, the keeper was warned to stay on her line.

The keeper saved it.

The ref used VAR again and it was obvious the keeper had come forward before the penalty was struck.

The ref ordered a retake.

Argentina scored to make it 3-3.

They can have no complaints, frankly. The keeper was expressly warned to stay on her line; she didn't; the penalty was the right decision; the retake was the right decision; the goal was fair.

The biggest issue was that it all took a heap of time, and there was feck all added time thereafter.

I have not seen the Scots game, but i am aware of the scenario. I never said that the decisions were incorrect (even though there are still a huge amount of incorrect VAR decisions in games). It's the implementation of the decisions. How can it possibly take 7 minutes between a foul occurring, penalty being given, and penalty being scored? Now I know that there was a retake involved but that is just woeful stuff. 

The Colombia game I just watched vs Qatar took 2-3 minutes to correct a clearly wrong on field call. It should have taken 15 seconds maximum. It was that easy a call with the replays on hand.

I'm not even going to get into the absolute farce that was the French penalty retake vs Nigeria, and the comical handball penalties being awarded in most of the Women's World Cup games.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:40am
They need to show it on the big screens to keep the fans informed and so they can see themselves if the correct call was made.  What's all the secrecy of only the ref and tv viewers seeing it??

I also think the officiating needs to be looked at there.  Umpires perhaps.  And I also think there should be 15 players each side.  11 always seemed a bit odd to me.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2019 at 12:48am
Obviously you're joking, buy we are heading that way. The ref standing centre  of attention staring up at a big screen in a stadium will become common place soon. Every 5-10 minutes it will happen. The game is dying an absolute death and the biggest plebs of all, the officials, will be the stars of it for the foreseeable future.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 72>
  Share Topic