Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VAR sytem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 72>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:21pm
my understanding is he wouldn't have been allowed to review the first goal free kick decision. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:23pm
Correct.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:53pm
I wasn't aware of that. Is it only for penalties, offsides, red cards?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:02am
Only in incidents relating to goals, straight red cards and mistaken identity in receiving yellow and red cards.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:08am
Pogba was arguably marginally offside when the free for the first was taken, and he went close to the ball too, possibly contacting Mandzukic before the goal. It could, possibly, have been successfully reviewed. 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:19am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Only in incidents relating to goals, straight red cards and mistaken identity in receiving yellow and red cards.

Fair enough. I still maintain both goals should not have stood, and the referee was at fault for both.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 2:17am
Thought the occasion got to the ref regarding the penalty.

The fact he walked away from the screen momentarily but went back for a 2nd look told me he didn't know what decision to make.

It's a World Cup final, everyone's looking at you so it's understandable but his body language reeked of what's the least controversial decision I can make.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 7:03am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Fair enough. I still maintain both goals should not have stood, and the referee was at fault for both.

The first goal wasn’t a free kick but still Croatia should have defended better/higher up the pitch.

I think the 2nd was a peno as his hand moved towards the ball. 
It was totally unnecessary but you could see even the ref wasn’t completely sure. That’s what the BBC pundits were saying, if your not 100% don’t give it.

The 3rd one, Modric actually turns his back for the first effort which gives Pogba too much time for the rebound. He should have been closed down.

The 4th goal was terrible from the GK and defence for standing off.

All the goals Croatia conceded were poor IMO. 
But they conceded goals in all the knockout games.
Their defence wasn’t good enough to win the tournament.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:14pm
There needs to be more clarity on the handball ruling.
No consistency with the penalty Australia were given against Denmark, the one Iran got against Portugal, the one Nigeria didn't get against Argentina when Rojo handled, and yesterdays.

Too much of a grey area.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There needs to be more clarity on the handball ruling.
No consistency with the penalty Australia were given against Denmark, the one Iran got against Portugal, the one Nigeria didn't get against Argentina when Rojo handled, and yesterdays.

Too much of a grey area.
What do you propose though? It is the hardest area to judge. Would making it like hockey work? Every touch of the hand,whether deliberate or not, is an indirect free kick anywhere on the pitch?
Would doing that just lead to more sly handballs?
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Thought the occasion got to the ref regarding the penalty.

The fact he walked away from the screen momentarily but went back for a 2nd look told me he didn't know what decision to make.

It's a World Cup final, everyone's looking at you so it's understandable but his body language reeked of what's the least controversial decision I can make.

It tells me, he wanted to be absolutely certain of the decision he made. 

Martin Keown said it was the right decision, on air. 2 RTE pundits said it was the right decision. Johnathan Walters said it was the right decision. John Arne Riise said it was the right decision. If Croatia got the penalty, more people would have said it was the right decision imo

You can't really say it was horribly wrong, as we've seen them given without VAR. Look at the Roma penalties given against Liverpool. Very similar decisions, but there was no uproar over that. Some refs would give them and some wouldn't. That doesn't mean VAR is crap. VAR gave the ref another look, so he could make an informed decision.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 2:14pm

I thought it was deliberate though and, more importantly, so did the referee.

So you and the referee both thought that Perisic intentionally attempted to and succeeded in handling the ball when that cross came over?
Why would he deliberately choose to do that?

I'm not saying it shouldn't have been a penalty, I just think that the word deliberate needs taken out of the whole handball in the box debate.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 2:57pm
It's the deliberate movement of the hand rather than the deliberate attempt to handle the ball that is the killer. Otherwise, referees would need to be inside the mind of the players, or only award penalties in cases like Colombia's Carlos Sanchez against Japan. Peresic's forearm makes an independent move. Sure the timeframe is short, but if you look at a lot of penalties they are not clear cut decisions.

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:15am

f**king hell Shocked LOL

Edited by Denis Irwin - 31 Oct 2018 at 9:16am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

f**king hell Shocked LOL

Wow - a River-Boca Copa Libertadores final would be pretty amazing!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 9:54am
14 minutes of stoppage time Shocked
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

This would signal the end of the World.

They'd need to play this match in North Korea and don't tell anyone the final score.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

This would signal the end of the World.

They'd need to play this match in North Korea and don't tell anyone the final score.

Still remember their game in 2005 when River players were maced by Boca fans LOL crazy f**kers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 72>
  Share Topic