You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eric Cantona coming to Dublin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:05pm
I can't believe that there is a market for this sh1te. It's not like you're going out on the piss with them. You are paying mad money to stand in a queue full of other empty heads in order to have a two sentence awkward stilted "conversation" and photo with the disinterested man in question before you are shooed away by some self important marketing dope. You can show your pals the photo after.

"Look, here's me meeting Cantona!"
"Cool, what was he like?"
"Ah pretty sound. Actually quite down to earth. Nice fella"

Eh yeah, you really got to the very essence of his character in those 5 seconds standing beside the lad. He just wants your money so he can quickly go and sterilize his hand after making physical contact with so many nervous, sweaty, old-enough-know-better loser types. 

El Puto Amo
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:17pm
Probably be more interest in this from the barstool masses than we got at Lansdowne for the last couple of qualifiers against Georgia. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:22pm
A player I always felt was over-hyped. Sure, his contribution to Man Utd's extraordinary 95-96 PL title win is very noteworthy, but his consistency was always an issue, and prior to the incident at Selhurst Park, his volatility made him a liability. His struggles in European Competition, while at United were also well documented.
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 12:33pm
When I think of Cantona I never think of him as one of the best players ever, because he wasn't. He did though score some of the most stylish goals ever and his arrogant goal celebrations were the best.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm
When ze seagulls folloe ze trawler (takes gulp of water), it is because they think sardines will be thrown (pause) into ze sea.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:23pm

If anyone is going , could you get this signed by the great man for me..........?

Image result for eric cantona kick
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:36pm
Fair play to him. Yer man was an absolute scobie coont. He shouod have been given a knighthood for that.

Arise Sir Eric
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:44pm
Cantona should have went to prison.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

A player I always felt was over-hyped.

Gerrard summed up in a sentence.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:00pm
The fella behind him in the leather jacket wasn't getting too carried away, absolutely stone faced.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:07pm
Had the privilege of meeting the King himself once at a small event in Manchester. He bought the 50 or so punters a beer each and had a brief chat with everyone. A true legend and a privilege to meet boyhood hero.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:17pm
Will always love Cantona for that kick on Matthew Simmons
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Cantona should have went to prison.

He was dead right. The guy was a tool.
Cantona was more symbolically important for United than anything else. He was the final piece of the jigsaw in the football sense, but the fans needed an idol in a very young team. It was the right player, at the right club, at the right time.
As good a player as he was, he was never world-class. One of my favourite ever players though, a true maverick. That press conference is still my favourite moment in English football.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:36pm

I can never understand why Cantona reacted so violently! It was reported that Simmons had shouted:
"Off! Off! Off! It's an early bath for you, Mr Cantona!" 

Maybe Cantona didnt want to have a bath?

El Puto Amo
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Will always love Cantona for that kick on Matthew Simmons

Ya and years after was found to have membership of a Nazi partner and assaulted his 10 year old sons football manager as well as previous to Cantona he had conviction for armed robbery with violence.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I can never understand why Cantona reacted so violently! It was reported that Simmons had shouted:</span>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Off! Off! Off! It's an early bath for you, Mr Cantona!" 

<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">
</span>

According to those nearby, fellow Palace fans, he said; " f**k off back to France, you French bastard!". He didn't kick him half hard enough.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:46pm
Why anyone would want to go see Stephen Gerrard is beyond me.  One of the most uninteresting footballers on the TV at present. 

Don't understand the appeal of these things at all. 

Roy Keane is box office and I wouldn't even go to see him at one of these things.
AKA pedantic kunt
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I can never understand why Cantona reacted so violently! It was reported that Simmons had shouted:</span>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">"Off! Off! Off! It's an early bath for you, Mr Cantona!" 

<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">
</span>

According to those nearby, fellow Palace fans, he said; " f**k off back to France, you French bastard!". He didn't kick him half hard enough.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic