You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's going to Russia anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 5:30pm
Olsztyn is another option. Daily buses going to and from kaliningrad.
Sponsored Links

GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 9:00am
Cheers for the feedback lads.
Gdasnk via Elblag is probably my best option realistically but its just a pain in the arse changing bus that early in the morning.

The dedicated fan bus would be handy but finding it very difficult to find any Spannish fan groups let alone a group running a bus to Gdansk so could be a longshot.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 2:45pm
Any ride sharing websites? There may be some driving.

You could chance it when you are there - you might have a better chance of meeting people actually in Kaliningrad. It might be handier than the early start, anyway.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 5:07pm

Apparently KenigAuto buses will be going on sale shortly for fans so maybe hold off.  I will try to get more info.   These are from Gdansk
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 12:46pm
Any non expensive / reliable / recommended  places to stay in Moscow ?

Young lad has tickets for the Germany Mexico match on the 17th. His mate has dropped out so have been given the option to go.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Any non expensive / reliable / recommended  places to stay in Moscow ?

Young lad has tickets for the Germany Mexico match on the 17th. His mate has dropped out so have been given the option to go.

What dates you looking to stay in Moscow? I'llhave a a look.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 3:29pm
He had a look on booking.com (which I suspect is why his mate dropped out) and looked a tad expensive
Wondered where lads stayed last time and if they could recommend them
At the moment we would fly in on the Friday 15th and out Monday 18th

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:13pm
Last time I stayed in Moscow Home Hostel.  It was ok. I'm staying in Seven Hills Lubyanka this time.  It was cheap and on the metro but booked before the draw.   Unfortunately hotels have become very difficult and expensive.  That weekend is a particular problem as Argentina also meet Iceland in Moscow.  

Try the FIFA site -  http://hotels.fifa.com/

However I think it will be a case of taking what you can get rather than ask for recommendations.   Still well worth going.  It could be 2034 before we have another one in Europe.  
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:45pm
We are staying in the Pamir Hotel, booked on the FIFA hotels website. Its a bit out but it looks much better then what we could find on booking.com. Its €200 each for 5 nights 14th - 19th June.

We still have no tickets for the Moscow games - Germany V Mexico and Argentina v Iceland, the portal opens next week so hopefully we can get lucky there.
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:53am
The portal opened up at 10am this morning. Is anyone waiting in the queue? I'm about 1/3 way through the line in the last 50mins. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:19am
Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

The portal opened up at 10am this morning. Is anyone waiting in the queue? I'm about 1/3 way through the line in the last 50mins. 

Got in already and managed to get Portugal tickets and Argentina aswell. What are you looking for yourself? 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Got in already and managed to get Portugal tickets and Argentina aswell. What are you looking for yourself? 
Only about a quarter of the way through the line so not holding out much hope.  How did you manage to get in so early, if you don't mind me asking, Eireland?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:45am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Only about a quarter of the way through the line so not holding out much hope.  How did you manage to get in so early, if you don't mind me asking, Eireland?

Had about 15 different queues going between different devices and browsers both incognito and normal. One of the queues happened to only be around 30 mins long so just stuck with that. In the end took about 50 mins but by the looks of it Argentina vs Iceland is the only match I wouldn't be able to get. I even managed to get final tickets in my basket although I didn't buy them. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:54am

Had about 15 different queues going between different devices and browsers both incognito and normal. One of the queues happened to only be around 30 mins long so just stuck with that. In the end took about 50 mins but by the looks of it Argentina vs Iceland is the only match I wouldn't be able to get. I even managed to get final tickets in my basket although I didn't buy them. 
Ah right, I see.  Thanks Eireland. I only had 1 queue going, and it's about 1/3 of the way through now.  Suppose Serbia-Brazil and Nigeria-Argentina were gone though? Unhappy

Edited by ConorMac77 - 18 Apr 2018 at 11:54am
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:00pm
Both those matches are still available in 3 categories according to the availability list, CM. 

Stick with it, my timer is counting down faster than real time presumably because people with multiple queues are logging out when sorted for what they were looking for. 
conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:11pm
Got sorted for Germany v Sweden in Sochi & Denmark(Cry) v France in Moscow. Still looking for what seem to be the 2 hardest group games Iceland v Argentina and Germany v Mexico in Moscow.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Both those matches are still available in 3 categories according to the availability list, CM. 

Stick with it, my timer is counting down faster than real time presumably because people with multiple queues are logging out when sorted for what they were looking for. 
Sounds promising, I'm roughly halfway through so hopefully there'll still be tickets when I do get on. Thumbs Up

Now you mention it, I remember when I got closer to getting on and the clock said 45 minutes to go but I ended up getting on in about 30 minutes.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 2:17pm

Ah right, I see.  Thanks Eireland. I only had 1 queue going, and it's about 1/3 of the way through now.  Suppose Serbia-Brazil and Nigeria-Argentina were gone though? Unhappy

Neither showing currently but I've noticed Argentina v Nigeria popping up sporadically. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic