You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's going to Russia anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

Never gave it a second thought and binned all of my glasses. Yeah they are nice for souvenirs but are a pain in the arse to carry around. 

Also they were definitely checking that id and ticket names matched yesterday.  But as said on here before less likely if you don't enter the stadium early.

Out of interest what game was that and do you know for sure that people were prevented from entering the ground because the name on their ticket did not match their passport.  

Note i'm well aware they were very strict on the Fan ID.  

I certainly had no issue having got tickets from a number of people in different countries.  I also had people using tickets allocated to me.  all at face value obviously.

Back home now.  It was a fantastic trip.  Russia were brilliant hosts.  Definitely the best organsied and best run World Cup I've attended.  

There were two types of glasses - Bud as stated with match details.  there were also coke ones if you bought a coke or water.  
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:57am
Was there no beer on sale?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Never gave it a second thought and binned all of my glasses. Yeah they are nice for souvenirs but are a pain in the arse to carry around. 

Also they were definitely checking that id and ticket names matched yesterday.  But as said on here before less likely if you don't enter the stadium early.

Out of interest what game was that and do you know for sure that people were prevented from entering the ground because the name on their ticket did not match their passport.  

I certainly had no issue having got tickets from a number of people in different countries.  I also had people using tickets allocated to me.  all at face value obviously.

Back home now.  It was a fantastic trip.  Russia were brilliant hosts.  Definitely the best organsied and best run World Cup I've attended.  

There were two types of glasses - Bud as stated with match details.  there were also coke ones if you bought a coke or water.  

Have to agree with this. By far thebest I've been at. We really f**ked up by not qualifying for this one the hoardes of irish fans would have absolutely loved it.t
Kseniia View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kseniia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Have to agree with this. By far thebest I've been at. We really f**ked up by not qualifying for this one the hoardes of irish fans would have absolutely loved it.t

Oh yes... Cry I even would go to Saransk...believe  me it's the only one reason  why I would  do that... 

Edited by Kseniia - 03 Jul 2018 at 4:06pm
Green is more than a colour it is a philosophy
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:46am

They were checking ticket names matched fan id names before Belgium v Tunisia, passports were not involved. 

Was a great trip.  Very chilled out with multiple nationalities mingling freely.  Didn't see or hear of any trouble.   

Fascinating country too, well worth seeing. 

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:29am

They were checking ticket names matched fan id names before Belgium v Tunisia, passports were not involved. 

Was a great trip.  Very chilled out with multiple nationalities mingling freely.  Didn't see or hear of any trouble.   

I actually attended that game in the Spartak stadium and my ticket didn't match my Fan ID.  I wasn't checked.  They scan your Fan ID then scan your ticket.  There was a subsequent extra Fan ID check at that game which happened at a few games but not all.  

So do you actually know of people who were refused entry then as thousands would have had tickets that didn't match their Fan ID.  

I attended 15 games and they never looked at the tickets too closely once they scanned correctly.  
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 11:35am

I actually attended that game in the Spartak stadium and my ticket didn't match my Fan ID.  I wasn't checked.  They scan your Fan ID then scan your ticket.  There was a subsequent extra Fan ID check at that game which happened at a few games but not all.  

So do you actually know of people who were refused entry then as thousands would have had tickets that didn't match their Fan ID.  

I attended 15 games and they never looked at the tickets too closely once they scanned correctly.  

I read a first hand story online last week of an American lady who was detained by police at the stadium for one of the games for trying to enter with tickets not in her name. Had to pay a fine and spent a few hours in the clink.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I read a first hand story online last week of an American lady who was detained by police at the stadium for one of the games for trying to enter with tickets not in her name. Had to pay a fine and spent a few hours in the clink.

Is that the one from the Moscow Times of the American woman columnist who tried to enter using somebody else's Fan ID.

That is a totally different issue.  Your Fan ID is your visa and an identity document which is checked very carefully.   
BelvBohs View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelvBohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:36pm
If anyones looking, we have 3 spare tickets to France Uruguay on Friday, 2x cat 3, and 1x Cat 2. Going for whatever price. In Kazan now

Edited by BelvBohs - 04 Jul 2018 at 4:37pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:37pm

Edited by Lostandfound - 04 Jul 2018 at 4:39pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 4:39pm

No idea if people were refused. 

This check was before the turnstile and had nothing to do with scanning. 

A steward/security person was taking both id and ticket and reading the names. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 5:50am

One thing keeps popping up is that at the start of most games there are about 50 empty seats in 2 corners , not sure about the other ones as only looking  from the TV .

It seems after 20 to 30 minutes they fill up . Are these seats only sold when the game kicks off ?
 All seems very strange , anyone have any ideas why this is happening ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 7:54am
Could be for volunteers or such like.

For the England match according to the guardian there were still tickets available on the fifa website For the game yesterday. 
2000 tickets were made available on Thursday.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

One thing keeps popping up is that at the start of most games there are about 50 empty seats in 2 corners , not sure about the other ones as only looking  from the TV .

It seems after 20 to 30 minutes they fill up . Are these seats only sold when the game kicks off ?
 All seems very strange , anyone have any ideas why this is happening ?
In the group stage they had TV cameras there, those cameras have disappeared but they haven't resold the tickets it seems
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 2:01pm
Huge amount of tickets available for the France v Belgium semi final.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 8:31pm
Went to the WC in 06 and found the exact same. Group stages, people have months to plan, by the time the knockouts come it's tough for people to get to places at short notice. For neutrals the SF prices are too much.

From experience they're the easiest game of the tournament to get tickets for.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:32am
Through fifa at least there's only a small number of cat 1 tickets available. Maybe they'll drop more but as of now there isn't much on sale. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Huge amount of tickets available for the France v Belgium semi final.

That's mad - surely it wouldn't be too hard to get there at a reasonable enough price? Could it be accommodation prices are a rip? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic