You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's going to Russia anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:22pm
Have only applied for tickets at this stage, so hoping to get lucky!
Sponsored Links

conor253 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conor253 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by conor253 conor253 wrote:

Finally decided on our route.

St. Petersburg for a few days before it starts
Moscow - Argentina v Iceland & Germany v Mexico
Rostov - Uruguay v Saudi's
Sochi - Germany v Sweden
Moscow - Brazil v Serbia

Can't wait!

How are you getting to St petersburg? Any luck with accommodation there and in Moscow?
There is loads of places in St Petersburg for our dates, Moscow isn't great alright!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 3:56pm

Sochi - Germany v Sweden
Moscow - Brazil v Serbia

Can't wait!

How are you getting to St petersburg? Any luck with accommodation there and in Moscow?
There is loads of places in St Petersburg for our dates, Moscow isn't great alright!
There's a chain of hotels in Moscow called Maxima which have pretty good rates (roughly £50-£60 per night) considering the World Cup being on.  Shocked

I got booked into Maxima Zarya hotel.  Their hotels are mostly out of the city centre but have metro stations nearby.  Deffo worth a look. Clap 

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 6:45pm

You would need to be really lucky to get those games in Moscow.  Argentina and Brazil both play in the smaller Moscow stadium (Spartak).  They will bring more fans than any European side.  Germany v Mexico will have huge demand as well.  If you stay in St. Petersburg you could try Morocco v Iran.   

Otherwise be ready to spend hours on the portal.  Smile   

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

You would need to be really lucky to get those games in Moscow.  Argentina and Brazil both play in the smaller Moscow stadium (Spartak).  They will bring more fans than any European side.  Germany v Mexico will have huge demand as well.  If you stay in St. Petersburg you could try Morocco v Iran.   

You are some animal for football.....I thought I was obsessed, but you are on a different level gary.....hope it all pans out for you
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 10:54pm

Sochi - Germany v Sweden
Moscow - Brazil v Serbia

Can't wait!

Flying to Helsinki for €90 and getting the train for €40 to St Petersburg, train only takes 3 and a half hours.

Did the same route last summer for a holiday, train from the airport takes you directly to the stop for the St. Petersburg train. There is no border stop also as passport checks are done in transit before you reach the Russian border.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

You are some animal for football.....I thought I was obsessed, but you are on a different level gary.....hope it all pans out for you

cheers Hornet.  Looking forward to it but won't be the same without us.  It could be 16 years before we have another one in Europe.  
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 5:34am

Do you reckon it will be worse then looking for Irish tickets on the portal for the euros?
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 6:07am
Horrible thread .... Painful to read the routes we could have been going if we had of bet the Danes
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 7:37am

Flying to Helsinki for €90 and getting the train for €40 to St Petersburg, train only takes 3 and a half hours.
Did that route before. Very straightforward. Border official comes onto the train and checks while it's moving.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2018 at 12:15pm

Do you reckon it will be worse then looking for Irish tickets on the portal for the euros?

I had thought all along it would be much much easier but demand in this phase is over 4 million.

The best supported teams will all be from outside Europe.  Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Colombia Egypt and Mexico will all travel in big numbers.  

It should be fairly easy to get tickets for other games.  

It may take quite a bit of time but they all should appear on the portal in the end.   
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 1:14am

I had thought all along it would be much much easier but demand in this phase is over 4 million.

The best supported teams will all be from outside Europe.  Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Colombia Egypt and Mexico will all travel in big numbers.  

It should be fairly easy to get tickets for other games.  

It may take quite a bit of time but they all should appear on the portal in the end.   

It would have been bedlam if Ireland qualified. Accommodation is bad enough as it is but imagine with another 30k Irish. Tickets a nightmare too. Would have been some party though.
Roberton90 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberton90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 7:54pm
Yeah! I will go!! I  already bought tickets! I want to visit Maly Semyachik Volcano! It is in Kamchatka! I'm looking how to go to this place! https://travelblogportal.com/destinations/russia/maly-semyachik-russia/ Just look how it is beautiful there!

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Roberton90 Roberton90 wrote:

Yeah! I will go!! I  already bought tickets! I want to visit Maly Semyachik Volcano! It is in Kamchatka! I'm looking how to go to this place! https://travelblogportal.com/destinations/russia/maly-semyachik-russia/ Just look how it is beautiful there!<h1 style="-sizing: border-; margin: 20px 0px 12px; font-size: 54px; font-family: " Sans", sans-serif; line-height: 1.1; color: rgb85, 85, 85; border: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; clear: both;">
</h1>

I'm sure a 2 week long train will do the job
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 4:43pm

https://www.yandex.ru/  Search for Business and Services in the city you're in.
I used it to source IT shop for USB connector and printers to print off Bolshoi ticket, both Moscow.

Best of Luck to everyone travelling.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 8:52pm

The likes of Super Dave or other transport enthusiasts may be able to help me here.

Looking at going from Kaliningrad to Gdansk on the 26th of June, the only option I can seem to find is a 6:45 Polski Bus but even then the Polski Bus website wont let me book it.

I thought it may have been because it is too early to book but I tested it out on a few earlier dates and it wont let me book any date at all.

Anyone know of any other options?

(ps. Wouldn't mind a later option out of Kaliningrad)

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 12:36am
Try the flixbus website or app for bus journeys or alternatively book the train from gdansk to Elblag then get the bus from Elblag to Kallingrad.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 08 Apr 2018 at 12:41am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

The likes of Super Dave or other transport enthusiasts may be able to help me here.

Looking at going from Kaliningrad to Gdansk on the 26th of June, the only option I can seem to find is a 6:45 Polski Bus but even then the Polski Bus website wont let me book it.

I thought it may have been because it is too early to book but I tested it out on a few earlier dates and it wont let me book any date at all.

Anyone know of any other options?

(ps. Wouldn't mind a later option out of Kaliningrad)

I was looking at similar stuff when I was half considering going to Russia. I'm not any more. However, I think the handiest way is likely to be looking up buses run by fans of the teams taking part. There will be some organised ones, no doubt. Gdansk, Gdynia and Sopot have plenty of accommodation. Konigsberg doesn't have much so I have no doubt plenty of fans will be staying in Poland. Now, the only issue is that Moroccan fans would need a Polish visa, so there might not be many of them. However, I imagine there'll be a decent number of Spanish fans. Try fan groups on facebook or twitter. The ticket pages on those sites may help too.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 08 Apr 2018 at 3:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic