You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who's going to Russia anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who's going to Russia anyway?
    Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 4:56pm
Having finally accepted that we won't be there, are any YBIG members going?

I'm sure I will be jealous that we are not there, but the visa free travel is appealing.
What's the easiest way to get a ticket and how cheap will I get one?
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:32pm
I'm going anyway.  Flights are cheap.  Based in Moscow.

FIFA have a current ticket phase open for another couple of weeks.  You need one valid ticket from FIFA to get your Fan ID to ensure visa free travel.  

Tickets start at $105 for cat 3 for the group stages.  
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:45pm
I'll be heading too, could be the last decent world cup for 8 years with that shambles in Qatar coming up.

Moving around a bit, starting with two nights in Prague, then flying from there to Moscow to watch Poland v Senegal and Portugal v Morocco. Then onto St Petersburg for Brazil v Costa Rica and then finally heading to Kaliningrad for Spain v Morocco (with a few nights in Gdansk afterwards).

Have tickets for all but Spain v Morocco which I'm relying on for my Fan ID (visa).
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

I'll be heading too, could be the last decent world cup for 8 years with that shambles in Qatar coming up.

Moving around a bit, starting with two nights in Prague, then flying from there to Moscow to watch Poland v Senegal and Portugal v Morocco. Then onto St Petersburg for Brazil v Costa Rica and then finally heading to Kaliningrad for Spain v Morocco (with a few nights in Gdansk afterwards).

Have tickets for all but Spain v Morocco which I'm relying on for my Fan ID (visa).
Sounds class
BelvBohs View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelvBohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:56pm
Myself and a mate heading over for the whole summer doing the trans siberian, starting in St Petersburg, finishing in Ulaanbaatar. Got tickets before the draw was made and ended up with Saudi Arabia against both Egypt and Uruguay, and Panama against both Tunisia and Belgium
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:17pm

Sounds good. I thought you'd be already able to get a fan ID card though - Gspain said in his post above yours that you only need at least 1 ticket to get one.

I'm planning on going as well for 2 nights in St Petersburg and 2 nights in Moscow. Applied for Argentina v Nigeria and Brazil v Serbia in the 2 respective cities. Hoping I'm successful in this sales phase because I really don't want to take my chances on 'The Portal'. I know I got sorted for 2 neutral Euro 2016 games from it but not sure I'd be so lucky again this time.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:13am
You need to have at least one ticket in your own name to get a Fan ID.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:44am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Sounds good. I thought you'd be already able to get a fan ID card though - Gspain said in his post above yours that you only need at least 1 ticket to get one.

I'm planning on going as well for 2 nights in St Petersburg and 2 nights in Moscow. Applied for Argentina v Nigeria and Brazil v Serbia in the 2 respective cities. Hoping I'm successful in this sales phase because I really don't want to take my chances on 'The Portal'. I know I got sorted for 2 neutral Euro 2016 games from it but not sure I'd be so lucky again this time.

Surely there won't be as many fans travelling to Russia as there were to France two years ago.  Match tickets should not be a problem.

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 11:26am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Surely there won't be as many fans travelling to Russia as there were to France two years ago.  Match tickets should not be a problem.

Maybe, but when I applied for the tickets, the match selection screen was showing high demand for those 2 games in all 3 price categories.

Also the fact that this phase is random selection and being stung by the Copenhagen ticket fiasco has left me more pessimistic and reluctant to take anything for granted. Ouch

Hope you're right though. Thumbs Up
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 12:26pm

There's big demand from countries like the USA, China and Russia for tickets.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

they didn't make it
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:27pm
Given that it’s in Russia and not easy to get to some of the cities, I reckon tickets will be easy to get.
I wasn’t planning on going as did the trans Siberian a few years back but it would be great to see one of Brazil / Columbia/ Argentina etc at a World Cup.
Might need to do some research.
Not going to Qatar and 2026 seems so far away.

larraga View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:34pm
Three of us heading over for 4 nights to Moscow when final is on. Our mate has a 3 bed apartment there, flights €270 return. No match tickets yet, maybe he'll source some over there. If not we'll have to pay for visa, but f*** it, cost you as much to go to a Premier league game.
36 years on since we went to 1982 Final in Madrid. Maybe not too many Finals left in us.
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

they didn't make it

Nor did China

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 5:14pm
I thought demand would be pretty low but not so sure now.

3 million tickets requested in the phase that ends later ths month

However I know Belgium haven't sold out any game yet and Germany, England etc will probably be able to sort out their fan club members.  The crazy demand is from Latin America and from Egypt.  

USA is not a surprise as so many people from so many countries live there.  Spain is a shock to me.  Their travelling support was normally two and even then Manolo's drum was counted as the 2nd one.  

In fairness they have kept costs down.  International and internal flights are great value.  There was great value to be had on hotels in Moscow anyway.  

I need a ticket for Egypt v Uruguay and England v Panama if anyone can help.  
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

they didn't make it

Read official fifa reports that huge demand for tickets from China and USA who both didn't qualify. Also the russians themselves showing much better interest then the Brazilians.

I'd imagine there are a lot of American citizens who follow a team other then the USA because they or their parents originated from there.
Monaghan abu View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monaghan abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:54pm
will be going ,will say this is last world cup for me, old mother time is catching up and noway will go 2020 , it will be a shambles, have applay for 3 tickets but no luck as yet  have friends in moscow that i meet on trans siberia train on way to Japan  2002 still keep in touch kill 2 birds with one stone
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 6:30pm
The brother went WC 2006 thinking we were a shoe in to be there . He said it was an unreal experience . If I was a young lad with no kids I'd be gone to Russia in a flash .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic