You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

World Professional Darts Championship 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:12pm
Sensational performance by Duzza. He wins 6-2 and clinches it with an 11 darter with seven perfect darts from the start of the leg. 

The greatest sporting hero Cleveland has produced since LeBron James.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:20pm
LeBron James is from Akron
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

LeBron James is from Akron
And pdc darts players are all in a buckeye state.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:47pm
Excellent second semi-final as Mark McGeeney saw off a stern challenge from Michael Unterbuchner on a 6-4 scoreline.

The right result but Michael pushed Mark very hard right to the end. Germany can be proud of its new darting superstar and he’ll get a hero’s reception on his return to Munich - well done to his boss for giving him Monday off. A lovely gesture of German generosity. 

Mark's experience told in the end - after the break at 3-3 he took control and played some of his best darts of the week. But at 5-3 down Michael threw off the shackles and a 149 finish in set 9 was sublime. Real tension in the final leg with Michael battling to save the match and Mark just looking to get over the line. The last leg is always the hardest to win.

The World Pro final couldn’t be better poised - the world champion against the world’s number one player. 

Personally I'd love to see Mark win it for his late mam Kathleen - she'd be so proud of her bhoy today - he's silenced a lot of doubters this week.

James Richardson stated on BT's coverage that this is the first time since 1999 that the number one and number two seeds have played each other in the final.

That Raymond van Barneveld-Ronnie Baxter duel was an 11 set epic (first to six won the title at that time). Here’s hoping for another classic tomorrow.

I seem to remember that the 1992 final also featured the number one and number two seeds and went to a final leg shoot out. That final is of course best remembered for Mike Gregory fluffing his lines when he had multiple match darts to win. Neither he nor his opponent, Stoke-On-Trent’s “Crafty Potter” Phil Taylor, ever made it back to another world final.

4:45pm throw-in tomorrow for the big one - a Channel 4 and BT Sport simulcast. Coverage begins from 4pm on BT with James and Chris, with Rob Walker and Paul Nicholson on air from 4:15 for Channel 4's live, free to air offering. 

As a Liverpool supporter I'm gutted that our game with Manchester City clashes with the main event - that's much needed gate money LFC will be missing out on with people who would otherwise be at Anfield staying home to tune in to the darts. A disastrous scheduling decision by the football authorities - reminiscent of the Ulster Council's decision to stagethe 2002 Ulster semi-final between Donegal and Derry at the same time as the Spain-Eire World Cup extra-time and penalties.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">Excellent second semi-final as Mark McGeeney saw off a stern challenge from Michael Unterbuchner on a 6-4 scoreline.</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">The right result but Michael pushed Mark very hard right to the end. Germany can be proud of its new darting superstar and he’ll get a hero’s reception on his return to Munich - well done to his boss for giving him Monday off. A lovely gesture of German generosity. </span><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">Mark's experience told in the end - after the break at 3-3 he took control and played some of his best darts of the week. But at 5-3 down Michael threw off the shackles and a 149 finish in set 9 was sublime. Real tension in the final leg with Michael battling to save the match and Mark just looking to get over the line. The last leg is always the hardest to win.</span><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">The World Pro final couldn’t be better poised - the world champion against the world’s number one player. </span><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">Personally I'd love to see Mark win it for his late mam Kathleen - she'd be so proud of her bhoy today - he's silenced a lot of doubters this week.</span><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">James Richardson stated on BT's coverage that this is the first time since 1999 that the number one and number two seeds have played each other in the final.</span><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">That Raymond van Barneveld-Ronnie Baxter duel was an 11 set epic (first to six won the title at that time). Here’s hoping for another classic tomorrow.</span><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">I seem to remember that the 1992 final also featured the number one and number two seeds and went to a final leg shoot out. That final is of course best remembered for Mike Gregory fluffing his lines when he had multiple match darts to win. Neither he nor his opponent, Stoke-On-Trent’s “Crafty Potter” Phil Taylor, ever made it back to another world final.</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;">4:45pm throw-in tomorrow for the big one - a Channel 4 and BT Sport simulcast. Coverage begins from 4pm on BT with James and Chris, with Rob Walker and Paul Nicholson on air from 4:15 for Channel 4's live, free to air offering. </span>
</span>
[COLOR=#333333" face="Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 13px; : rgb250, 250, 250;]As a Liverpool supporter I'm gutted that our game with Manchester City clashes with the main event - that's much needed gate money LFC will be missing out on with people who would otherwise be at Anfield staying home to tune in to the darts. A disastrous scheduling decision by the football authorities - reminiscent of the Ulster Council's decision to stagethe 2002 Ulster semi-final between Donegal and Derry at the same time as the Spain-Eire World Cup extra-time and penalties.</span>[/COLOR]
amateur darts
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 6:05pm
An outstanding World Pro final so far. 

3-3 at the break, all sets with throw. 

It'll be Geezer to throw first in set 7.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:21pm
Durrant shaking like a sh*tting dog at the oche.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:37pm
It's so low grade.

"He's had ten darts at a double to put him one leg away from the title and he's missed them all."
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:43pm
Celebrating by waving a Middlesbrough flag around and wrapping it around his shoulders 😂
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 7:44pm
The standard of doubles is laughable at times. I mean Durrant in particular wasn't even getting near them at one stage.
If he thinks he can be a force in the pdc he's deluded.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:05pm
One of the greatest finals and one of the greatest sporting occasions I've ever witnessed. 

Mark McGeeney has silenced the doubters and then some this week. 

But Glen Durrant joins Eric Bristow, Raymond van Barneveld and Martin Adams as only the fourth man to retain the world title after a 13 set epic that went to sudden death. 

Elite company indeed. 

It was the cliffhanging finish this magnificent tournament deserved.

Thank you to the artists of the arrow, the tungsten titans who have given us such a memorable nine days, yet again.

Bury my heart by the lake. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:28pm

One of the greatest finals and one of the greatest sporting occasions I've ever witnessed. 

But Glen Durrant joins Eric Bristow, Raymond van Barneveld and Martin Adams as only the fourth man to retain the world title after a 13 set epic that went to sudden death. 

Elite company indeed. 

Thank you to the artists of the arrow, the tungsten titans who have given us such a memorable nine days, yet again.

See ya next year anyway Sid. Always a pleasure to see you every January when you hop on the BDO bandwagon.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:35pm

Elite company indeed. 

Didn't go to sudden death.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Elite company indeed. 

Yes it did. 

4-2 in the final set. 

It's sudden death once it reaches 2-2 in the final set.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:42pm
The Lakeside of Frimley Green
by W.B.D.O. Yeats

I will arise and go now, and go to Frimley Green,
And in a small cabin stay there, of wood and plaster made:
Nine days will I have there, away from the pdc;
And live alone in the BeeDO-loud glade.

And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the crowd sings;
There midnight’s all a glimmer, and noon a maroon glow,
And evening full of Ted Hankey’s bats’ wings.

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with Wolf sounds on the shore;
While I stand near the oche, and watch the players walk onstage
I hear it in the deep heart’s core.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:53pm

Elite company indeed. 

Yes it did. 

4-2 in the final set. 

No, it's sudden death when it goes to 5-5 in the last set.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:03pm
No, it isn't.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:15pm

Elite company indeed. 

Yes it did. 

4-2 in the final set. 

No, it's sudden death when it goes to 5-5 in the last set.
This. The referee even explains it for the crowd. After 2=2 there must be a 2 leg margin to win until it reaches 5-5. Then its a sudden death situation as the next leg takes it.

Edited by Sham157 - 14 Jan 2018 at 9:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic