You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheltenham 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Now not into horse racing but what really gets me is that I know 3 lads who have taken the week off work to watch the racing  down the pub in Galway . Wacko

First up no racing on Monday so why take the day off ?

First race is something like 1.30pm so why not work in the morning ?

And lastly the 3 guys I know work in the same plant they know everything about racing and they are as poor as I am .

Let me guess, they are all fond of the drink!!

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Now not into horse racing but what really gets me is that I know 3 lads who have taken the week off work to watch the racing  down the pub in Galway . Wacko

First up no racing on Monday so why take the day off ?

First race is something like 1.30pm so why not work in the morning ?

And lastly the 3 guys I know work in the same plant they know everything about racing and they are as poor as I am .

Let me guess, they are all fond of the drink!!
Yeah, great excuse to go drinking for a week
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:32am
The pubs are a nightmare for it though. Every asshole is in and those that aren't decide to become assholes for the week.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:37am
If Samcro and Altior win I'm pretty much covered for the week, so praying there are no shocks there. A Presenting Percy win will be a nice little earner, but I'm getting nervous about how the RSA will actually play out. Nube Negra in the Fred Winter and Le Breuil in the Coral Cup for the each way bets then today, maybe Auvergnat in the Cross Country thrown in as well
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:38am
Why do you give a f**k if lads take time off for it? You take time off for football matches
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:52am
Because this is YBIG, everything annoys some people
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Is the correct answer
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Isn't that just the world? In this instance it seemed the poster was expressing an inability to understand rather than annoyance, although, as is the norm on here, elsewhere these days, I'm surprised nobody suggested he was offended.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:13am

ladies day a notorious day for punters to start losing their way! invariably Tuesday the punter wins, but Wednesday the bookies take over.

think it could be a good day for gigginstown. reckon they could take the opening two races, samcro should be a cert, and I reckon dounikos could have a good race (as long as jack kennedy has put yesterdays sh*te behind him). RSA is a difficult race, but will be interesting to see presenting percy. some already have him backed for 2019 GC

champion chase will hopefully be a cracker. special tiara to set the pace. wonder if altior will suffer from any bounce after his return race last day out. tends to be a trend that top rated horses, when on return their second race being at the festival and inside 40 days, have struggled. normally raced on good, good to soft ground, so the heavy ground might affect him. reckon it'll be a winner outside the top2 on the betting
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:15am
I think last year on the "things that annoy the fook out of you" thread somebody was giving out about people only going into the bookies during Cheltenham and that you wouldn't see them there for another year.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:20am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Why do you give a f**k if lads take time off for it? You take time off for football matches
Ahhhhhh but Fingers , I take time of to " GO TO A FOOTBALL MATCH " not to take time off to watch it down the pub Big smile

These guy only get 21 days holiday a year and to blow a 1/4 of it watching telly LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:21am
The Samcro/Altior double is just over 2/1, could be a great price
A tough day ahead, fierce lot of close races
Will do a few small e/w bets and have a few bob on Cause of Causes & Rhinestone too

Sky have either Presenting Percy or Monalee to win at 5/4
Some people just deserve a slap
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Ahhhhhh but Fingers , I take time of to " GO TO A FOOTBALL MATCH " not to take time off to watch it down the pub Big smile

These guy only get 21 days holiday a year and to blow a 1/4 of it watching telly LOL

Each to their own, cannot begrudge their happiness
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:26pm
I still can't believe Ed Chamberlin left Sky and presenting all the most high profile Premier league games to present ITV racing. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

I still can't believe Ed Chamberlin left Sky and presenting all the most high profile Premier league games to present ITV racing. 

He's a massive horse racing fan (as well as a football fan) - Having done one, it's understandable that he might want to do the other, particularly being part of something new.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:04pm
he'd be on more money at ITV Racing
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

He's a massive horse racing fan (as well as a football fan) - Having done one, it's understandable that he might want to do the other, particularly being part of something new.
The coverage is awful compared to the old channel 4 racing coverage

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 14 Mar 2018 at 1:09pm
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 1:38pm
That's some horse Clap
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic