You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheltenham 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyRabbitte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:16pm
Not sure. Thought it was a few days before alright but might have changed. Don't ever remember that many horses listed two weeks before the off though!!
Lois: Peter, what did you promise me?
Peter: That I wouldn't drink at the stag party.
Lois: And what did you do?
Peter: Drank at the stag pa-- ... Whoa. I almost walked into that one.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:25pm
Yeah, I think they changed it last year. I would imagine most firms are NRNB at this stage, so you could take a chance

Also, Skybet are doing money back on all losers in the first race of each day for bets up to 20 quid again

Edited by HuntysCousin - 26 Feb 2018 at 10:28pm
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:36pm
All in on Presenting Percy for the RSA
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 7:52am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Yeah, I think they changed it last year. I would imagine most firms are NRNB at this stage, so you could take a chance

Also, Skybet are doing money back on all losers in the first race of each day for bets up to 20 quid again

is that money back or money back as a free bet with skybet?
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:11am
Originally posted by GUFC_Andy GUFC_Andy wrote:

All in on Presenting Percy for the RSA

RSA is a very loose race, though it has produced a decent bet for the following years gold cup. might bite winning last year and currently fav for GC. I know presenting percy won on good ground in the pertemps last year, but reckon the horse is better suited to heavier ground. RSA pace tends to be quite high, and if the ground is quick then it might be a bit too quick. should be a top race though.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:12am
Monalee is a tough horse, and Black Corton has been winning regularly since last Summer, so will be a good race hopefully

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Free bet
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:21pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Free bet

Thumbs Up
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 5:42pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 10:48pm
Anyone betting against Samcro in the Ballymore? Have a few quid each way on Kalashnikov, but no guarantees he runs in that instead of the Supreme
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 4:04pm
Footpad is drifting a bit today for some reason. Still a very short price, but you can get 13/8 which is pretty good considering he was evens before today
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:53pm
I have a feeling he’ll be around 2/1 on the day, and if he is he’ll be worth a good bet. But at current prices I don’t think so
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
JimmyRabbitte View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyRabbitte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 2:24pm
Anyone been to any of the preview nights. One on in D2 tomorrow which I might try get to
Lois: Peter, what did you promise me?
Peter: That I wouldn't drink at the stag party.
Lois: And what did you do?
Peter: Drank at the stag pa-- ... Whoa. I almost walked into that one.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 2:54pm
Was at the Belfast one last night.
Usual panel - Gordon Elliott, David Casey, The Couch Winstanley, Richard Hoiles, Gary O'Brien, Neil Mulholland and a couple of bookies.

I'll try to keep my summary as brief as possible.

Supreme Novices - Casey said Getabird has a very good chance but thought it was short enough at 5/4 or 6/4. Most others said to avoid the favourite and that it was very short just because it was the big Irish hope and Willie Mullins in the first. There were no real serious tips here.

Arkle - Casey very happy with Footpad, seemed more confident on it than Getabird. Couch said Petit Mouchoir jumped the first two very badly last time out and won't get away with that here. Saint Calvados not in the same class was the general consensus.

Champion Hurdle - Buveur's to lose. Words for Elgin in the betting without the favourite. Also My Tent Or Yours each way. Casey didn't seem to have a clue if Yorkhill would go here or the Ryanair. He also seemed to have no clue which Faugheen would turn up and its just wait and see.

Ballymore Novices - Samcro won't be beaten

RSA - the English panellists all liked Presenting Percy while Casey and Mulholland give Black Corton a big chance. General consensus that the last day would have taken its toll on Monalee

Champion Chase - Altior the one to beat, none of the panel were keen on Min. If Douvan had had a prep run and won it would be 6/4 and is the real danger to the favourite they thought, but its very doubtful it'll run

Bumper - Elliott gave a good shout out to his only runner in the race Felix Desjy. Good words for the top 5 in the market from the other panellists with nothing really concrete

Stayers Hurdle - very open race. Bacardys tipped up with Couch mocking Sam Spinners chances due to the jockey. The bookies will take on the top 3 in the betting they say and offered 5/1 on Supasundae today in their shops. Hoiles reckons La Bague Au Roi has a chance.

Triumph - Couch & Mulholland thought Apples Shakira is a good thing having won 3 times already at Cheltenham. The Bookies want to take it on. Casey said Stormy Ireland is a small horse but is very powerful, won its first start this season by 50 odd lengths but the opposition weren't up to much and hasn't ran since. More or less said it could be anything. Elliot thinks Farclas can reverse form with Mr Adjudicator. Casey gave Sayo a mention each way at 25s

Gold Cup - Couch and Hoiles bullish about Might Bite. The rest of the opposition is poor Couch thinks.
Kilultagh Vic got a good few mentions while Total Recall could get a place Mulholland thinks
They're trying headgear with Djakadam to see if it makes a difference.

Other tips -
They more or less all thought Un De Sceaux would be the nap of the meeting and is a good price at 9/4
Laurina will definitely win Casey said, though will be short odds.
Elliott likes the chances of Cause of Causes, De Plotting Shed and Dounikos
Other tips I remember off the top of my head - Project Bluebook, Bouvereil, Long House Hall, Storyteller, Rathvinden in the 4 miler

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 2:59pm
anything to note from gary O'Brien there RB?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

anything to note from gary O'Brien there RB?

No, he was just presenting and chairing the discussions. Didn't give any opinions or tips of his own sadly, as he's one of the best about.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 3:35pm
Heading to one this evening with Tom Segal - Will pass on any decent insights gained.
Looking forward to watching the Final Furlong one on facebook tomorrow night : Guaranteed a few laughs in there.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Looking forward to watching the Final Furlong one on facebook tomorrow night : Guaranteed a few laughs in there.

One of the best podcasts around in fairness.

Heading to one there now with AP McCoy, Joseph O'Brien, Davy Russell, Gary O'Brien and Kevin O'Ryan.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic