Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Graeme Souness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Ex Rangers player Derek Ferguson saying sevco should ditch Murty and get Souness and Walter Smith in as a double act.
Confused 

I know they are in a low place but this is no time for comedy
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Ex Rangers player Derek Ferguson saying sevco should ditch Murty and get Souness and Walter Smith in as a double act.
Confused 

I know they are in a low place but this is no time for comedy
It is beyond comedy at this stage!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 6:21am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
Souness is a guest on Super Sunday  on sky tv this Sunday alongside Roy Keane.!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:15pm
I wonder are ITV letting him go after his summer dig at England getting excited by being in a WC semi final.

Let me see.  I wonder will he be fairly muted this sunday before the game and then sl*g off United's players after the match if they lose?  Keane and Souness gang up on Pogba shocker!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 7:26am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 7:37am
Is that it? He asked her a question to explain a term she was using. Similar to an incident with her and Paul Ince on final score where people were raging at ince on social media recently, it’s much ado about nothing really. 
Basically because she’s a woman no one can question her or disagree with any points she’s making?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 7:47am
Genuine question, because i genuinely don't know, does she know her stuff? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Is that it? He asked her a question to explain a term she was using. Similar to an incident with her and Paul Ince on final score where people were raging at ince on social media recently, it’s much ado about nothing really. 
Basically because she’s a woman no one can question her or disagree with any points she’s making?

That's social media for you!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:20am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I think she’s quite good Thumbs Up
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:21am

Ya, she's a good analyst of what I've seen of her. Seems to do her homework on teams beforehand and be well informed which I'm guessing is more than most other analysts do on Sky. Also, she's speaks very naturally and has an easy tone, much unlike some lads like Redknapp for example.

I wouldn't be worried about Sounness tone in such an instance. Sounness is like that with everyone, and for me the worst thing ever is to watch pundits hugging it out and agreeing about everything. I would worry that Sounness doesn't know of terminology like low block though. Even if analysts don't want to use that exact phrase, coaches are using them non stop so they should be aware of what means what. Low block, transition, high block etc. there's no point dismissing such commonly used terms when you're being paid to know your stuff

As for the actual cause of the outrage, people just wanting to be offended by a man questioning a woman, anyone thinking that should be mortified. Or watch back the world cup with Patrice Evra and Sone Eluko. Now that was disgraceful carry on.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 04 Feb 2019 at 8:23am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:28am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That's social media for you!

Pretty much

Related image
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Ya, she's a good analyst of what I've seen of her. Seems to do her homework on teams beforehand and be well informed which I'm guessing is more than most other analysts do on Sky. Also, she's speaks very naturally and has an easy tone, much unlike some lads like Redknapp for example.

I wouldn't be worried about Sounness tone in such an instance. Sounness is like that with everyone, and for me the worst thing ever is to watch pundits hugging it out and agreeing about everything. I would worry that Sounness doesn't know of terminology like low block though. Even if analysts don't want to use that exact phrase, coaches are using them non stop so they should be aware of what means what. Low block, transition, high block etc. there's no point dismissing such commonly used terms when you're being paid to know your stuff

As for the actual cause of the outrage, people just wanting to be offended by a man questioning a woman, anyone thinking that should be mortified. Or watch back the world cup with Patrice Evra and Sone Eluko. Now that was disgraceful carry on.

probably the reason why he hasn't managed since 2006
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:35am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

He was one of my favourite Newcastle managers.

Big smile
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:04am

Big smile

tbf to him following Bobby was always going to be tough, He did make some questionable signings though Boumsong and Luque for example and then injuries kind of derailed him, plus falling out with a bunch of players too. Did make it to a European QF and FA Cup Semi final something Newcastle could only dream of atm. Also ifirc he had a 100% record against Sunderland Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:58am

Big smile

tbf to him following Bobby was always going to be tough, He did make some questionable signings though Boumsong and Luque for example and then injuries kind of derailed him, plus falling out with a bunch of players too. Did make it to a European QF and FA Cup Semi final something Newcastle could only dream of atm. Also ifirc he had a 100% record against Sunderland Wink
Was that two games against moneyless Sunderland?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:16am

Big smile

Was that two games against moneyless Sunderland?

He only had one LOL

https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/880634

Two cracking Sunderland goals and then Emre with a cracker of a free kick to win it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:46am
Yea was at that game two excellent goals from Stephen Elliott and Liam Lawrence. The Newcastle fans I know can't stand GS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic