Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 Predictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:26pm
Dundalk
Cork
Shamrock Rovers
Derry
St Pats
Bohs
Waterford
Sligo Rovers
Limerick
Bray

FAI Cup - Rovers
EA Sports Cup - Pats

Galway
Longford
Finn Harps
UCD
Shelbourne
Cobh
Wexford
Athlone
Sponsored Links

Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:07pm
Considering the near disaster that was last season, I don't know why people are predicting Pats will finish so high up the table. Sure, there have been plenty of new signings, but the same thing happened before the 2017 season began. I sure hope there'll be a big improvement, but we'll wait to see. 

You have to ask, was last season's poor show down to the manager or the players?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:15pm
Dundalk
Cork
Shamrock Rovers
St Pats
Waterford
Derry
Bohs
Sligo Rovers
Bray
Limerick

FAI Cup - Cork
EA Sports Cup - Dundalk

Galway
Finn Harps
Longford
Shelbourne
UCD
Cobh
Wexford
Athlone
El Puto Amo
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Considering the near disaster that was last season, I don't know why people are predicting Pats will finish so high up the table. Sure, there have been plenty of new signings, but the same thing happened before the 2017 season began. I sure hope there'll be a big improvement, but we'll wait to see. 

You have to ask, was last season's poor show down to the manager or the players?

From my perspective, I'm factoring in the second half or maybe last third of the season just gone as cause for relative optimism. The results and performances improved massively. Almost all the key personnel have been retained except Jordi Balk who admittedly will be a big loss, but hopefully Kevin Toner slots in well as a replacement. On top of that, the squad has been strengthened especially in midfield and up front. The preseason friendlies seem to have gone very well too. A top half finish should be a reasonable expectation anyway. 
El Puto Amo
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 12:28pm
Hopefully. One of the main reasons that we found ourselves in such a state half way through was the reluctance of Liam Buckley to change things when results weren't going our way. Week-in, week-out he was doing the same things. I agree Balk will be a big loss, but I'm still cautiously optimistic about the new season!
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 12:49pm
Pats are a tough one to get a handle on this season. They have a fairly decent squad on paper and will be looking to prove that it was a once-off their poor performance last year. It'll be interesting to see where they end up. I think safe with plenty to spare but probably not troubling the European spots
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

1, Dundalk
2, Cork
3, Pats
4, shamrock
5, Derry
6, Waterford,
7, Sligo
8, Bray
9, Limerick
10, Bohs
Not to be precious but do you seriously think this if so what leads you to believe it?
Not having a go just curious.
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:12pm
Wouldn't know where to start with predicting the whole league but will predict winners, my own team and relegation.

1st. Dundalk (comfortably)
5th. Bohs (possibly sixth)
9th. Limerick (by a hair)
10th. Bray

Pats to win the cup and Dundalk or 'that shower' to win the league cup.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 1:26pm
1. Dundalk
2. Cork
3. Shamrock
4. Derry
5. Pats
6. Bohs
7. Waterford
8. Bray
9. Sligo
10. Limerick

bray to go unbeaten at the DMZ zone
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:01pm
1.Rovers
2.Cork
3.Dundalk
4.Waterford
5.Pats
6.Derry
7.Sligo
8.Bohs
9.Bray
10.Limerick

Cup - Cork
League Cup - Dundalk

1st Division.

1. Harps
2. Galway
3. Cabo
4. UCD
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

1, Dundalk
2, Cork
3, Pats
4, shamrock
5, Derry
6, Waterford,
7, Sligo
8, Bray
9, Limerick
10, Bohs

Not to be precious but do you seriously think this if so what leads you to believe it?

To be honest I thought Bohs were a cert to go last season, they massively over achieved imo and I don't see them doing it again. 10th may not happen but could throw a dart at them between 8th and 10th in my head and I dislike bohs the most out of the 3 😂
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 9:39am
We are in better shape than this time last year. Which wouldn't be hard in fairness. Have to credit Lyttle he has done a huge amount of work. We have a small squad but think we could surprise a few this season if we can keep injury free. Could do with some cover at the back and a player to hold the up the ball. Europe a push too far so probably middle of the pack.

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 12 Feb 2018 at 9:45am
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 10:34am

Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

1, Dundalk
2, Cork
3, Pats
4, shamrock
5, Derry
6, Waterford,
7, Sligo
8, Bray
9, Limerick
10, Bohs

To be honest I thought Bohs were a cert to go last season, they massively over achieved imo and I don't see them doing it again. 10th may not happen but could throw a dart at them between 8th and 10th in my head and I dislike bohs the most out of the 3 😂

The squad is in a lot better shape than last season i think, and lads we weren't sure would deliver became key men. Would have taken 9th at the start of last season looking at the squad ahead of the first game, and especially after Derry beat us handily in that game. We need a striker as a matter of urgency in case Dinny misses a decent spell again this year but if that problem can be negotiated then we could do very well, good players and decent cover in most positions. The players we've lost aren't huge misses, Sule is very good but Bucko is an able replacement, O'Hora and Akinade only played a handful of games last year. The rest have stayed on and with players like Bucko, Moore, Devaney, Leahy, Watts and Lunney added to the squad it looks strong at the moment. I dont want to jinx it but im not worried about relegation at present anyway.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 12 Feb 2018 at 10:37am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:32am
Premier Division.

1. Cork City FC
2. Dundalk
3. Shamrock
4. Derry City
5. St Pats
6. Bohemians
7. Waterford 
8. Sligo Rovers
9. Bray Wanderers
10. Limerick

First Division.

1. Cabbo
2. Cobh R
3. Galway
4. Shels
5. Finn Harps
6. Longford Town
7. UCD
8. Drogheda Utd
9. Wexford
10. Athlone Town

EA Sports Cup Waterford
FAI CUP Cork City

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 12 Feb 2018 at 11:33am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:55am

Premier Division.

1. Dundalk
2. Shamrock Rovers
3. Cork
4. Derry City
5. St Pats
6. Waterford
7. Bohs
8. Sligo Rovers
9. Limerick
10. Bray

First Division.

1. Galway
2. Harps
3. Longford
4. Shels
5. Cobh
6. Cabo
7. Drogs
8. UCD
9. Wexford
10. Athlone Town

Edited by ShamtheRam - 23 Feb 2018 at 12:39pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:57pm
Premier Division.

1. Cork
2. Dundalk
3. Pats
4. Shams
5. Waterford
6. Derry
7. Bohs
8. Rovers
9. Limerick
10. Bray

First Division.

1. Cabo
2. Galway
3. Longford
4. Harps
5. Drogs
6. Cobh
7. Shels
8. UCD
9. Wexford
10. Athlone Town
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 6:19pm
Premier Division.

1. Dundalk
2. Cork City
3. Shamrock Rovers
4. Waterford
5. Derry
6. St. Pats
7. Bohs
8. Sligo
9. Limerick
10. Bray Wanderers

Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 5:42pm

Premier Division.

1. Cork
2. Dundalk
3. Shamrocks
4. Derry
5. Bohemians
6. Waterford
7. Patricks
8. Sligo Rovers
9. Limerick
10. Bray

First Division.