You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Universally disliked players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:48pm
Almost anyone who's played for Arsenal over the past 15 years.
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:35pm
Wouldn’t say many arsenal players are universally disliked anyway, why would you say that?
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:45pm
They're powderpuff. Girly-men. Perennial losers. More worried about their hair and their social media profile than actually winning a trophy. Meet some of their supporters along the Holloway Road to understand what I mean. Dead And this pervades the whole culture of their club. Long may they continue to fail.

Roy Keane would bear me out.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 07 Feb 2019 at 10:46pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:46pm
Seriously Newt, has your account been hacked by a Russian bot?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Seriously Newt, has your account been hacked by a Russian bot?

No, but if my account had been, I suppose I would claim that.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

They're powderpuff. Girly-men. Perennial losers. More worried about their hair and their social media profile than actually winning a trophy. Meet some of their supporters along the Holloway Road to understand what I mean. Dead And this pervades the whole culture of their club. Long may they continue to fail.

LOLLOL

Been there plenty of times myself, would say the United brigade like pogba, Lingard etc. would have been the worst offenders for the social media sh*t. Now that I think of it none of the arsenal players really have a great presence on social media, apart from Bellerin maybe. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

LOLLOL

Been there plenty of times myself, would say the United brigade like pogba, Lingard etc. would have been the worst offenders for the social media sh*t. Now that I think of it none of the arsenal players really have a great presence on social media, apart from Bellerin maybe. 

I'm obviously being tongue in cheek, as I am with many of my posts. But I live nearby, and their supporters are particularly white, particularly middle class and particularly fond of half-and-half scarves. They literally pop into Pret A Manger and the Waitrose deli counter for snacks on their way down to the Emirates rather than buy anything from the hotdog stand outside the ground.

I can't stand them.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 11:45pm

LOLLOL

I'm obviously being tongue in cheek, as I am with many of my posts. But I live nearby, and their supporters are particularly white, particularly middle class and particularly fond of half-and-half scarves. They literally pop into Pret A Manger and the Waitrose deli counter for snacks on their way down to the Emirates rather than buy anything from the hotdog stand outside the ground.

I can't stand them.
Are Spurs and Chelsea, in particular, any different?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 6:24am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Adrien Rabiot

Why? Always liked him 

Solid list from reddit https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/a7gyp0/the_reasons_why_rabiot_is_so_hated/#ampf=undefined

What c*nts both he and his mother are LOL 

Blanc should have shown some balls and got rid of him.

Edited by The Huntacha - 08 Feb 2019 at 6:25am
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 8:51am
Woke up to this headline on Sky Sports;
"Jesse Lingard says his dance moves inspire kids"

Dead
davereilly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davereilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 8:52am

Dead

Still not as much of a serial dickhead as Joey Barton
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:27am

Dead

LOL case in point.
As someone else said, STOP BEING SO HAPPY WITH YOURSELF
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:39am

Dead

The best part of him ran down his mothers leg
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by davereilly davereilly wrote:

Dead

Still not as much of a serial dickhead as Joey Barton
Sir Joey to you Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:05pm

Dead

Jesse Clap
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOLLOL

I can't stand them.
Are Spurs and Chelsea, in particular, any different?
Probably not all that different - supporting a PL club has become very much an elitist pastime - but Arsenal supporters are particularly whiny and entitled. As I say, their fans represent the whole ethos of the club.

Spurs fans are slightly different;  I used to work very close to the ground. They aren't quite the bourgeois twits Arsenal fans are, and don't have anything like the same sense of entitlement. What used to strike me was how white a normally very multiethnic area with a large black population would become on matchdays. And getting home from work was a nightmare.

Chelsea's support is again very similar but contains a thuggish fringe.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 3:32pm
By entitlement do you mean they expect their club to be winning things? If so, then whats the issue?

Arsenal Fan TV is an absolute embarrassment though.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 5:37pm
When I first moved to London I got lucky with a couple of freebies at Arsenal, the atmosphere of self-entitlement was appalling. There would nearly be booing if they weren't winning after twenty minutes. In a way I understand what you are saying Huntacha, that football fans are aware of the financial league table and its correlation to the real league table, add in the price of a season ticket at Ashburton Grove and it is hard to blame them for demanding success, but it is the whiny neediness of the whole thing. It is f**king pathetic.

I think to a lot of football fans, myself included, fans at franchises like Arsenal and Chelsea, don't really understand what being a fan is. I think that is Newbie's point and I can empathise with it.  It was never about just turning up and expecting to be routinely beating everyone, or wanting a manager sacked because of turnover or some other sh*te fans shouldn't care about it. It was supposed to be a social, community outlet for working class people. Win or lose, on the booze. All of that malarkey. Not somewhere to take a client and complain about imperfection.
Most of Arsenal's real fans are watching it on a dodgy box down the Holloway Road, while the lads playing a grand a season will be on the 17.30 to St. Albans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
  Share Topic