You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 2:39am
Will Terrorism put you off going to France?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Nah, the war on terror will be won anyday now. 
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

I'd be more concerned with some of the scaries who've being showing up at some of our recent away matches.DeadDead

Montemartre is a good spot for staying, lots of reasonably prices accommodation and bars. Found a cracking Belgian bar selling pints for €5. More looking forward to seeing Thierry "handball" Henry commenting on Sky about the game, and ask him to explain what he did.Angry

SD. LA Rochelle I assume to far by train, or would it be worth a look.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

I'd be more concerned with some of the scaries who've being showing up at some of our recent away matches.DeadDead

Montemartre is a good spot for staying, lots of reasonably prices accommodation and bars. Found a cracking Belgian bar selling pints for €5. More looking forward to seeing Thierry "handball" Henry commenting on Sky about the game, and ask him to explain what he did.Angry

He won’t be he’ll be away with the Belgium squad
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

a

Not at all. Did it last summer during the Euros - think it's maybe 2 hrs 45 mins by train. Not more than 3 hours anyway

Very nice spot, especially Ill de Re which is a connected island not far from La Rochelle
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 11:21am
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Aer Lingus (EI) DUB and ORK to CDG
Transavia (TO) https://www.transavia.com/en-EU/home/ DUB to ORY (Orly South)
Ryanair (FR) are promising to recognise Pilot Trade Unions which may allow Fans to be able to use that airline.

Other Football:
Ligue finishes 19th May, Ligue 2 a week before. Promotion/Relegation play-offs on mid May dates.

Ligue 1 Play Off Final, 2nd leg
Sunday 27th May: 18th Ligue 1 v Winner from Ligue 2 play-off games.
No matter where it is, road and TGV rail lead to the Capital.
Ligue 2 Play-off Final Tues 22nd May and Sunday 27th May.

Amical, Friday 01st June, France v Italy, Allianz Riviera, Nice ko 21:00

Brilliant info thanks.  So 2 possible games on the Sunday.  
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:12pm

Do ya not think these jokes are done to death at this stage, i mean between this, the pickpockets, the oman friendlys and the "what currency"?, its all just yawn at this stage, every second post is one of these poxy jokes. Site is gone to sh*te because of the amount of this crap.

Edited by Scamper - 16 Dec 2017 at 12:19pm
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Aer Lingus (EI) DUB and ORK to CDG
Transavia (TO) https://www.transavia.com/en-EU/home/ DUB to ORY (Orly South)
Ryanair (FR) are promising to recognise Pilot Trade Unions which may allow Fans to be able to use that airline.

Other Football:
Ligue finishes 19th May, Ligue 2 a week before. Promotion/Relegation play-offs on mid May dates.

Ligue 1 Play Off Final, 2nd leg
Sunday 27th May: 18th Ligue 1 v Winner from Ligue 2 play-off games.
No matter where it is, road and TGV rail lead to the Capital.
Ligue 2 Play-off Final Tues 22nd May and Sunday 27th May.

Amical, Friday 01st June, France v Italy, Allianz Riviera, Nice ko 21:00

Brilliant info thanks.  So 2 possible games on the Sunday.  
Hopefully [Peut etre] they're accessible. On Sunday 27th May the 18th place in Ligue 1 has the second leg in Play-Off Final and on the same day there is a second leg Play-Off final for the Ligue 2 spot. But I don't know the details. (it's not written very well in my post you quoted). Keep an eye on the relegation zone of both divisions, no change there.

Edited by UCDFAN - 16 Dec 2017 at 12:31pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Do ya not think these jokes are done to death at this stage, i mean between this, the pickpockets, the oman friendlys and the "what currency"?, its all just yawn at this stage, every second post is one of these poxy jokes. Site is gone to sh*te because of the amount of this crap.

No need to panic Scamper. Maybe we should make a ybig list of tedious jokes
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

No need to panic Scamper. Maybe we should make a ybig list of tedious jokes

I'm just getting cranky in my old age Steve.
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 2:31pm
La Rochelle is quicker to get to now than it was in 2016... there's a new bit of high speed line opened. Under 2h30m now at the fastest and it may be less than €30 each way. It's only knocked 20 minutes off but the real benefit was knocking an hour off the time from Paris to Bordeaux, from three hours to two.
SportingRizzlaCF View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizzlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 12:31pm
2 Nights booked in Montmartre for £23 (kindly assisted by the Accor Hotels Loyalty Program), going to book the Eurostar in the next week or so.
Seamus Coleman is Sligo ONLY
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 12:37pm
Will also be waiting for the Nations League draw before making a call on the friendlies. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 12:54pm

Will we have a home friendly around the same time as this match?

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

There are 2 home friendlies left on the current season ticket.  So it is likely we will play at least one around this time.  
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:05pm

There are 2 home friendlies left on the current season ticket.  So it is likely we will play at least one around this time.  

Aye I'd say 1 in March and June before WC starts perhaps another thrown in for good measure in Cork or Limerick against a minnow type world cup team (Panama or Tunisia)
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Aye I'd say 1 in March and June before WC starts perhaps another thrown in for good measure in Cork or Limerick against a minnow type world cup team (Panama or Tunisia)

Cant see anything down in Cork or Limerick. Think the Belarus game only happend in Cork becasuse they where based in Fota Island that week.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Cant see anything down in Cork or Limerick. Think the Belarus game only happend in Cork becasuse they where based in Fota Island that week.

Did they not have a friendly before Euro 2012 in Thomond Park? I do agree Cork probably wouldn't happen but they may play one in Limerick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic