You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

What was the seat Nazi situation like?

More seats then supports  ! 
Sponsored Links

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:17pm
Just in the door and nealry dried out from last night . Normally not one to be critical and have to agree with a lot of what has been said on here so far . The stuff out side the Harp is getting old and tiresome with some more interested in being the next viral sensation the being there for the football 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:33pm
Attempting to make paper aeroplanes in that weather-got to admire him
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Shocking away end. It was like a creche at time, grown men running and scrambling looking for paper to throw at their mates. Lasted the duration of the 90 minutes. Lad beside me spent 3 quarters of the game making paper airplanes. Plenty of overly drunk fools. I seemed to be the only person in my section actually watching and reacting to the match 
Having watched the entirety of it on a stream, I can't help but feel the joke was on you here!

Exactly. Can't blame the fans for having some form of entertainment during a match we only had 20% possession. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:10pm
Lads looking to be YouTube stars are one thing, fellas with afew beers on board just having a laugh is another.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:19pm

Lads looking to be YouTube stars are one thing, fellas with afew beers on board just having a laugh is another.

Lads reaching into people's cars to be the horn was ridiculous. The worst was the "You fell over" chant when they knocked the lads moped over. They looked surprised when he got pissed. Probably just as well for their safety that we didn't qualify for Russia
Danger here, OH NO
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:38pm
some people cant differentiate between being a 'character' and being a 'complete dick' and the vast majority of them are the latter
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

some people cant differentiate between being a 'character' and being a 'complete dick' and the vast majority of them are the latter

Or most importantly being a danger to themselves. At least 2 fellas badly hit by cars. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:17pm
Also I think we understated the pick pocket situation in Paris, loads seemed to have been dipped in particular on the metro to the stadium.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:29pm

Very honest there, NR. I'd have had you down as a character.
Jasonic View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:45pm
Agree with all of this. Right twats outside the Harp, banging car windows and jumping on bonnets for "the craic". Idiots of the highest order. Met a good few lads who had their phones lifted too. And also, some right twats at the game too. I didn't have the honour of meeting the guy booing the anthems though.. We seem to have gathered quite a few idiots recently
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:00pm

Very honest there, NR. I'd have had you down as a character.

Cheque’s  in the post PM 

( it will bounce but sure you expected nothing else )
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:37pm
Really enjoyed the trip and the craic. Always great to have a catch up with everyone. There was 6 of us and 4 of us lost/got our phones stolen.  Thought the metro was very dodgey, a fella literally lifted our mates phone out of his pocket but we got it back thankfully. No luck for the other 4 of us though haha.

The football we played Dead
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:38pm
Good few lads got phones and wallets stolen over the trip. 

Personally was only over for 1 day and the mixture of not eating and no sleep meant the drink didn' take long to have an effect on me don't think I've been as drunk at a game in a while  (normally only have a few pints before the match) from what I can mind of the game wasn't enjoyable at all so maybe it a good thing I didn't have to watch it sober LOL

Edited by ringerbell - 29 May 2018 at 8:41pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:14pm
Had a great trip. Thought the craic in the Harp bar was good as well. A fair bit of giving out about it but some of the lads must have been singing for hours straight almost. At least there was an atmosphere compared to a few footballs being kicked about. Only stupid thing was some people running around the cars. A few lads got hurt. Looking forward to Cardiff and Poland already. Think Poland will be the best if the year.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Also I think we understated the pick pocket situation in Paris, loads seemed to have been dipped in particular on the metro to the stadium.
I feel some blame on this one,never gave out the usual warnings 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I feel some blame on this one,never gave out the usual warnings 

LOLLOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 8:56am
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Fair play to whoever made that trip... That mustve  been a tough station to man last night

It was certainly one of the toughest nights for me following Ireland.
Torrential rain again last night.

Leaving Paris now and already thinking of the next Ireland trip.
We’ll always have more lows than highs but we keep going.

CYBIG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic