You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 21>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:42am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

https://www.stadefrance.com/en/practical-information/how-to-get-there

SD will no doubt give you all options on transport.Thumbs Up.  The IBIS West hotel is close to the stadium. I posted menus and directions earlier on this thread. Small beer garden at the front and side of this place. Restaurant quite good too. See ya there on Monday. 

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-1940-ibis-saint-denis-stade-ouest/index.shtml

https://parisbytrain.com/paris-rer-train-strike-2018/ - folks, worth looking at if travelling form CDG to Paris this weekend.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Sponsored Links

brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:05am
The metro will take longer but is also more frequent, so is an option. Use line 13, get off at Saint-Denis Porte De Paris.

Edited by brendy_éire - 24 May 2018 at 10:05am
City Till I Die
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 12:09pm
Metro is also cheaper and unaffected by strikes and goes from round the corner from where a lot are staying in Montmartre, direct without changes.
ChampagneFever View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChampagneFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 2:35pm
Few of us heading on the Aer Lingus 1.45 Sunday to Tuesday evening. Staying in Pigalle 
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:48pm
I remember the Sweden match and chaos trying get metro/train/taxi with Paddies all well tanked up. I ended up walking although perhaps in crooked line. Maybe more of the same on Monday. PS from memory it was Monday we played Sweden!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

I remember the Sweden match and chaos trying get metro/train/taxi with Paddies all well tanked up. I ended up walking although perhaps in crooked line. Maybe more of the same on Monday. PS from memory it was Monday we played Sweden!
It was Monday and there was a breakdown on the metro line out to St Denis which led to havoc
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 5:42pm

Did you ever get the Proud and Loud  flag back ?
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:12pm
No it never showed. I got a similar one made up :)
Brave lad if it appears in Aviva 
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 10:57pm

Absolute f**kers... she was a beauty
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Absolute f**kers... she was a beauty
Compared to that “win or lose we’re on the booze” one
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:27pm
arrive into Paris Orly airport and staying in Montmartre area. Can’t work out this metro system at all haha, anyone know anything about getting from the airport to that area? SuperDave? All help greatly appreciated!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 11:40pm
ratp.fr is the website to use, much like tfl.gov.uk is the one for London.

The best way is probably the following:

Tram T7 from Orly to La Fraternelle (direction Villejuif)
Change at La Fraternelle to RER Line C - towards the city - to Invalides
Change at Invalides to Metro line 13 northbound - to Place de Clichy - that's close to Montmartre

If you want to change there to Metro line 2, you will be able to, as it may get you closer to your hotel.

You should be able to do all that on one t+ ticket, but I might be wrong on that. It may actually take one each (so €1.90 x 3 = €5.70) but I'm not sure.

There's a metro map.

There's a few more suggestions on how to get from the airport to the city.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 24 May 2018 at 11:42pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

arrive into Paris Orly airport and staying in Montmartre area. Can’t work out this metro system at all haha, anyone know anything about getting from the airport to that area? SuperDave? All help greatly appreciated!

Ffs you couldn't make your way from the hostel to the train station in Kutaisi for your train to Tbilisi last September despite the fact it was only 100 yards down the road, this will be a serious test for you. 

Ps: I acknowledge the fact you arrived by bus in Tbilisi before our train.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 6:46am

If there's a few of you you can get a door to door taxi for €55 if you pre book online 
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:26am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Ffs you couldn't make your way from the hostel to the train station in Kutaisi for your train to Tbilisi last September despite the fact it was only 100 yards down the road, this will be a serious test for you. 

I know Kev LOLLOL this will be very testing. Roll on! 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:32am

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

I know Kev LOLLOL this will be very testing. Roll on! 

You can let us know how you get on as land in orly 11am on the Monday Smile
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:04pm
On the way to Dublin now. Going to Bohs and Shamrock Rovers this evening and 6:30 flight in the morning. Missed Turkey so first proper away trip since Copenhagen. Glasgow was good but just didn’t have that same feel to it.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:28pm
Was on the Aer Lingus flight this evening to Paris , got diverted to Brussels. Anyone no the procedure for claiming from an airline when this happens ??? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 21>
  Share Topic