You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: France - 28 May 2018 - travel & accommodation
    Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 5:49pm
All Paris travel and accommodation options in here.
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:26pm
Very happy with this. How many do ye reckon we'll bring? Only a friendly but it's so easy to get to and with no other confirmed aways until Sep/Oct I think we might bring big enough numbers.
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:28pm
Got flights and accom booked, great fixture again! 
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:28pm
French air traffic control strike pencilled in for that day
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:29pm
think most will wait for the euro draw before deciding
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Definitely doing this for the Turkey friendly. I've always wanted to spend a few days in Istanbul, so if we draw Turkey in the Nations League, I might not bother going for the friendly.

Might book this though.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:52pm
Not sure if will go to this yet, but just booked a free cancellation hotel anyway. 85 euro per man for 2 nights. 2 min walk to Moulin Rouge/Montmarte area.
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:54pm
Hotel in option. Train won't be for sale for a while. Will try and steer clear of the old Moulin Rouge
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:04pm
Not to pushed on going back to Paris but will decide in the new year might try do an in and out job get real early flight home next morning
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:09pm
Booked a room with free cancellation but will hold off on booking flights until next year. Will more than likely be changing job early next year so will have to wait and see how I'm fixed there first.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:26pm
Staying in the Hotel Kuntz...gotta love it. Right next to Gare du Nord!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Good call NR 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

French air traffic control strike pencilled in for that day

Well then, do what I did going to the Euros and fly to a neighbouring country (Belgium in my case) and train to Paris. Problem solved.

Suppose someone will come on here now and say the railway workers are on strike as well.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 10:10pm
It's news if the French aren't on strike, so I think assume the worst, and panic.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Very happy with this. How many do ye reckon we'll bring? Only a friendly but it's so easy to get to and with no other confirmed aways until Sep/Oct I think we might bring big enough numbers.

I'm not at all tbh. Would much rather somewhere we hadn't been so recently. Lisbon would have been my pick if we you're picking one of the big teams away.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:19pm
Aer Lingus (EI) DUB and ORK to CDG
Transavia (TO) https://www.transavia.com/en-EU/home/ DUB to ORY (Orly South)
Ryanair (FR) are promising to recognise Pilot Trade Unions which may allow Fans to be able to use that airline.

Other Football:
Ligue finishes 19th May, Ligue 2 a week before. Promotion/Relegation play-offs on mid May dates.

Ligue 1 Play Off Final, 2nd leg
Sunday 27th May: 18th Ligue 1 v Winner from Ligue 2 play-off games.
No matter where it is, road and TGV rail lead to the Capital.
Ligue 2 Play-off Final Tues 22nd May and Sunday 27th May.

Amical, Friday 01st June, France v Italy, Allianz Riviera, Nice ko 21:00

Edited by UCDFAN - 15 Dec 2017 at 11:22pm
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 11:25pm
The only issue is that the lineup for the playoff will only be clear a week or two beforehand.

At that stage, organising transport is likely to be expensive, especially if it is a distance from Paris.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 12:17am
Sure travellers are purchasing the service aswell as the opportunity to travel.  There are two promotion/relegation 2nd legs. Both hosted by 18th place in Ligue 1 and 18th place in Ligue 2.  If the opportunity arises all good and well.

Internal airlines. Hop! https://www.hop.com/en/ 
is an umbrella name for a few air services that are subsidiaries of Air France.  Multiple internal routes and few International routes. (italy, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Czech Republic)
www.ucdsupporters.ie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
  Share Topic