You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Research - Has our fans behaviour got worse?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:18pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

News to me

She accused your missus of robbing a bag!
Think it was Warsaw anyway
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

News to me

yeah it was. She got dragged out of some pub then. I missed all the craic as i got in late   
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Would it help if we got more people on yokes at away trips? Everyone pulling weird faces, rubbing each others backs and talking about how sound the locals are. 

I suppose it wouldn't be any harm to test. I'm sure candidates for the experiment wouldn't be hard to find
I had a yoke at a Dublin GAA game in Clones against Derry a good few years back. Never again.

Why oh why would you have a yoke going into a match?
I can understand yung un’s having a yoke on a night out in Ibiza.
The whole taking your top off thing?
Just don’t get it.
Macho thing?
At least in Ibiza it’s 50% women there.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 8:48am

News to me

That's exactly what happened. She was f**king mental LOL
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Worth mentioning also, in the interests of balance, and most will know this but there are plenty of the younger generation who do get what it's about and are interested in keeping up the away-match going traditions of the past rather than fall into the event junkie trap.

Who Do Get What Its About.... maybe it is about getting as drunk as possible, tying a flag to a national monument somewhere like Bratislava and trying to fight a local who looks at you funny at 4am?

It's like the meaning of life question. Whats it about. What's it really all about?
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 10:42pm
"You're no craic like."

Well that's the response you usually get if you dare question someone's behaviour on an away trip. I guess that's why it usually happens in here.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

News to me

That's exactly what happened. She was f**king mental LOL

She certainly was. A big unit too!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Booting footballs randomly has to be one of the most stupid things any group of fans can get up to.

Unless you're on the fans team.

To be fair the fans are just replicating what the players get up to on the pitch. Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 1:58pm
So like, are people smuggling coke with them to various cities? I can't imagine it's that easy to acquire a bag in CPH or Polish cities, unless you're being ripped off and buying sawdust. 
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

So like, are people smuggling coke with them to various cities? I can't imagine it's that easy to acquire a bag in CPH or Polish cities, unless you're being ripped off and buying sawdust. 

I'd imagine an oul bag in between the cheeks is the norm.  
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:05pm

It's like any city, if you want it you'll have no problem finding it.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

well I've been to Copenhagen and it's pretty tame, can't imagine it's widely available like is is here. 
Even here... unless you know someone you could hardly just wander around a city and hope to find someone selling it and if you did they'd sell you garbage. 

Anyway I never saw the coke thing on Ireland trips or around Lansdowne myself...
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:08pm

So like, are people smuggling coke with them to various cities? I can't imagine it's that easy to acquire a bag in CPH or Polish cities, unless you're being ripped off and buying sawdust
LOL

I would have thought it would be easier to smuggle stuff into Ireland - just about every time I go through Customs at Dublin Airport on my way home, the customs officers (any that are there) are usually just standing around scratching their holes. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:10pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

well I've been to Copenhagen and it's pretty tame, can't imagine it's widely available like is is here. 
Even here... unless you know someone you could hardly just wander around a city and hope to find someone selling it and if you did they'd sell you garbage. 

Anyway I never saw the coke thing on Ireland trips or around Lansdowne myself...

Actually got offered coke and any drug walking to a dodgy pub in a dodgy area of copenhagen that deebee dragged us to LOLLOL
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Actually got offered coke and any drug walking to a dodgy pub in a dodgy area of copenhagen that deebee dragged us to LOLLOL

I got offered it too now that I think of it but the bloke was super dodgy, North African probably. No doubt you'd be ripped off. 
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:10pm

Edited by whitesideOnside - 22 Dec 2017 at 10:06am
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

So like, are people smuggling coke with them to various cities? I can't imagine it's that easy to acquire a bag in CPH or Polish cities, unless you're being ripped off and buying sawdust
LOL

I would have thought it would be easier to smuggle stuff into Ireland - just about every time I go through Customs at Dublin Airport on my way home, the customs officers (any that are there) are usually just standing around scratching their holes. LOL

Jayses Conor ya must always arrive back when Bruce is on a day off so..........Big smileBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic