You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alarm Clocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alarm Clocks
    Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:10pm
Bit of a random one but anybody have a decent, modern one?

Not the aul 90s lloytron yokes. Something a little more innovative. Looking at one on amazon that has the light gradually filling the room in the morn "so you wake up fresher" bullsh*t etc etc 

Hate waking up and having to check my phone for the time and would like something a little techie.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
I bought one recently, was thinking of buying a decent one one maybe with a built in speaker and phone holder or something, but then thought f**k it sure I could buy all the techie stuff separate or already had them so went with one from Argos for €8.50!

Edited by BigPodge - 11 Dec 2017 at 2:15pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:35pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 3:18pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
AS YOU WERE McGx

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 3:43pm
I bought one of those alarm clocks with the wake up lights on them for €20 on amazon a few months back.Also has an FM radio works grand but dunno if the wake light makes any bit of difference.

How about buying a google home or Amazon Echo?

I have Echo and you can just ask it the time and tell it to set an alarm for you.Tunein radio and Spotify account can be linked to it for music.Link RTE news,Sky ,BBC for news and sports headlines.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:14pm
The modern phone has in built app called clock usually, in the app there are alarm settings. 

What I like about it is, it makes the noise an alarm does and you can change the times to suit when you need to wake up, the modern phone also has the time on it, so it is actually an alarm. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

The modern phone has in built app called clock usually, in the app there are alarm settings. 

What I like about it is, it makes the noise an alarm does and you can change the times to suit when you need to wake up, the modern phone also has the time on it, so it is actually an alarm. 

😂😂😂😂
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 5:21pm

that sounds amazing
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

that sounds amazing

You can only buy this app with Bitcoin or Revolut cards
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 6:33pm

AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 6:59pm
I have one of those old babies that rattle and ring , hey good enough to wake the deaf Approve
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I have one of those old babies that rattle and ring , hey good enough to wake the deaf Approve

That's no way to talk about Mrs murph
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 7:32pm

Thanks but made it quite clear that I hated checking phone for time 🖕🏻
AS YOU WERE McGx

Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:10am
An Amazon Echo dot and a cheap speaker make a decent alarm clock which you can just tell when to wake you and which Spotify or similar playlist to wake you with instead of the beep beep beep of a phone
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

An Amazon Echo dot and a cheap speaker make a decent alarm clock which you can just tell when to wake you and which Spotify or similar playlist to wake you with instead of the beep beep beep of a phone

Tell me more. Seems to be a few. Any recommends?
AS YOU WERE McGx

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:24am

I have got into the habit of turning off the phone, laptop and telly when I am going to sleep and while my insomnia had improved anyway, this has certainly helped. 

I find it weird when a ticket machine at a train station tells you to "enjoy your journey", I think a small speaker talking back to me would have me looking for the Diazepam.
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:15am
An alarm clock to do the job that that your phone does - the celtic tiger is alive and well anyway bais.

I hate checking my phone to see my photos, can someone recommend a good expensive camera please?

Im also sick of using my fone for reminders, does anyone know where I can hire a secretary?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:26am
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

An alarm clock to do the job that that your phone does - the celtic tiger is alive and well anyway bais.

I hate checking my phone to see my photos, can someone recommend a good expensive camera please?

Im also sick of using my fone for reminders, does anyone know where I can hire a secretary?

An alarm clock to do what the clock on the wall in the room does. Stop the world i wanna get off. 

I'm sick of waiting for my frozen food to defrost. If only there was a technological advancement to aid my struggle......

AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic