You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 173>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 6:58pm
thought he was a classic 6/10 today. couple nice claims, swept up at the back well on a few occasions. kicking was pretty poor even when not under pressure, but wasnt helped out by duffy in particular with some of the efforts to play out from the back
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 7:04pm
Did well, commanded his area well a couple of times, the importance of which shouldn't be understated when compared to Gordon in the other goal who didn't and hasn't ever been able to.

Someone needs to tell him that the pass to Duffy is never on though.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 7:18pm
He is very calm. I suspect he gives confidence to those in front of him. Don't think you can blame him for short passes. That's presumably on instruction. He wasn't the one who gave it away each time. A bit mad that we deliberately get Duffy on the ball in our own box I have to say.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:04pm
Ukraine away's going to be the real test. He hasn't had terribly much to do so far, I'd say he'll face more in the next game than he has in the previous three combined.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:10pm
He did fine, not tested but swept up well.

Not seeing his supposed brilliant distribution though, it eas either an easy short pass or a long ball to a scotland player.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Doesn't really tell you anything, this game. He's played a part in three successive brainfarts playing it out of defense but he's had little to do in terms of shot stopping. 

That wasn't his fault..

You want him to have nothing to do. If he has nothing to do, then he has kept a clean sheet which is his job. 

I don't know where the comments about his distribution are coming from. There have been many misplaced passes from his teammates over the past week, but I saw none from him at all. He's now had 5 consecutive games in goal for us, so that puts the myth that we don't see enough of him in the bin. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

He did fine, not tested but swept up well.

Not seeing his supposed brilliant distribution though, it eas either an easy short pass or a long ball to a scotland player.

His long kicking wasn't that great in my opinion but there were a couple of really good quick long throws which I'd like to see more of.

Seemed to be a deliberate ploy of giving the long clearances a lot of air time, I suppose it makes it very difficult for the opposition to control first time and you're hoping you'll then have the chance to pick up the 2nd ball.
We're decent enough..
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 7:12am
There were shades of the early Bazunu days when everything went short even though it wasn't the right option. Needs to take the responsibility to go longer at times, similar to how Bazunu started to after the Ronaldo peno. We could say that that is the fault of the management team, but the player needs to suss that out himself.

Was very commanding at times with crosses into the box, a couple of good punches and an excellent catch under pressure in the 2nd half.

His long distance kicking needs work, or else it was just an off day. Always seemed like he was falling over every time he went long.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 9:05am
My worries about him not commanding his area were well answered there on Saturday, I thought he was excellent in that regard sorting out crosses on a couple of occasions. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 6:35pm
Sounding like it's going to be another year as the "Carabao Cup keeper" for Kelleher. He better hope Klopp doesn't just pick a load of kids and they get knocked out in the second round.

Apparently it was also a difficult decision for Klopp to start him in the League Cup final this year. Which doesn't make it sound like he might even be promoted to the heady heights of "FA Cup keeper" any time soon.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Sounding like it's going to be another year as the "Carabao Cup keeper" for Kelleher. He better hope Klopp doesn't just pick a load of kids and they get knocked out in the second round.

Apparently it was also a difficult decision for Klopp to start him in the League Cup final this year. Which doesn't make it sound like he might even be promoted to the heady heights of "FA Cup keeper" any time soon.

This lad is going to waste his career if he doesn’t get out of Liverpool this summer - much better for Ireland too obviously if he can get out to play first team football 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 9:46pm
Really should look for a loan deal. He'll never be number 1 for pool. Same with Baz would have been with City. 

When is the last time we've had three premier league goalies? Possibly two of them first choice. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 10:55pm
Liverpool's first Carabao Cup game won't be until November so unless Alisson gets an injury or a suspension he could be waiting a long time for his next club appearance. When was his last one, back in February? That's potentially nine months without a competitive club game.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Liverpool's first Carabao Cup game won't be until November so unless Alisson gets an injury or a suspension he could be waiting a long time for his next club appearance. When was his last one, back in February? That's potentially nine months without a competitive club game.

Or else - 9 months without conceding a goal Cool
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:59am
He's played the last 6 games for us (and overall done pretty well) yet he's probably going to be 3rd in the pecking order come September barring injury. Kenny only said last week that he's enough strength in depth no to pick lads who are playing every week. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:05am
Kelleher is ahead of Travers in the pecking order there’s no doubt about that and it won’t change if he remains at Liverpool playing backup to Allison.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:18am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Kelleher is ahead of Travers in the pecking order there’s no doubt about that and it won’t change if he remains at Liverpool playing backup to Allison.

I’d agree with that in the immediate term. However, given Kenny’s comments about playing time, if both Bazunu and Travers successfully step up in the Premiership, I suspect there will be a rethink.

The only issue being that Kelleher generally did well over the matches he played this year, and Kenny might maintain that as the status quo.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I’d agree with that in the immediate term. However, given Kenny’s comments about playing time, if both Bazunu and Travers successfully step up in the Premiership, I suspect there will be a rethink.

The only issue being that Kelleher generally did well over the matches he played this year, and Kenny might maintain that as the status quo.

pLUS WHENEVER HE COMES IN AND OUT OF THE lfc AND iRELAND SIDES HE PLAYS WELL REGARDLESS OF THE LACK OF FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL. iTS NOT LIKE HE IS COMING IN AND LOOKING RUSTY AND PLAYING BADLY. hE IS TRAINING AT ONE OF THE TOP SET UPS IN THE WORLD, HE IS ALWAYS READY. pEOPEL NEED TO GET OVER THIS REGULAR FT FOOTBALL THING, YES IT WOULD BE PREFERRABLE, BUT THERE IS NOTHING IN HIS HISTORY TO SUGGEST IT IS AFFECTING HIS PERFROMANCES EITHER FOR US OR lfc.

Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 173>
  Share Topic