You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 173>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

You could possibly see him have a career similar to Dean Henderson. 
Or Stuart Taylor 
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 10:46am
Taylor is a remarkable story. If memory serves me he won every top honour in the English game, played in both the Champions League and the UEFA Cup. His career also spanned almost twenty years. Yet in that time he played less than 100 games at top level.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 12:08pm
In Plannings view, if a keeper plays brilliantly making save after save, but concede a goal that is totally not your fault against a poor side, you should never be picked for that side again. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Was on the fence at first - but there’s no doubt he’s on a wind up now 

If you think that, that's up to you. All I can say is that you or anyone else who thinks that, is wrong. 

Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

This idea of Kelleher waiting around because Alisson could get injured is misguided I think. Alisson could go years without an injury for all we know.

Say he does pick up an injury and is out for a month, great, Kelleher gets 6/7 games, then what? He's straight back on the bench the second Alisson is fit again.

He needs a loan elsewhere I think.

He knows what people think, and he knows the position he's in. But he knows that if he stays fit, there are cup games coming up for him to prepare for. Anything more is a bonus. He's training with the best keeper in the world and one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the world every day of the week, as well as matchday itself, at one of the best teams in the world. That's hard to give up for playing with hoofball merchants in League 1.

Bayern played the No. 1 goalkeeper v Barcelona, despite it being a dead rubber, so Liverpool were not the only team to do so this week. 

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Another post. I think we'll keep our no. 1 who saved a peno against Ronaldo and made a truly world class save in our last game.

Well done for saving the penalty - the one he gave away in the first place because of his distribution issues, something that we know Kelleher excels at, which you would expect given he started out as an outfield player. 

He made a good save, the kind of one Kelleher was making in the EPL to keep his clean sheet, 3 weeks beforehand. He didn't boast that it was world class, he regarded it as a routine part of  job, which it is. On the same afternoon, Bazunu was having a severe dose of the butterfingers at  Rotherham, shipping 4 goals on the day. That's who our No. 1 is, but in terms of ability, there's absolutely nothing he can do that Kelleher can't. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Was on the fence at first - but there’s no doubt he’s on a wind up now 

If you think that, that's up to you. All I can say is that you or anyone else who thinks that, is wrong. 

Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

This idea of Kelleher waiting around because Alisson could get injured is misguided I think. Alisson could go years without an injury for all we know.

Say he does pick up an injury and is out for a month, great, Kelleher gets 6/7 games, then what? He's straight back on the bench the second Alisson is fit again.

He needs a loan elsewhere I think.

He knows what people think, and he knows the position he's in. But he knows that if he stays fit, there are cup games coming up for him to prepare for. Anything more is a bonus. He's training with the best keeper in the world and one of the best goalkeeping coaches in the world every day of the week, as well as matchday itself, at one of the best teams in the world. That's hard to give up for playing with hoofball merchants in League 1.

Bayern played the No. 1 goalkeeper v Barcelona, despite it being a dead rubber, so Liverpool were not the only team to do so this week. 

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Another post. I think we'll keep our no. 1 who saved a peno against Ronaldo and made a truly world class save in our last game.

Well done for saving the penalty - the one he gave away in the first place because of his distribution issues, something that we know Kelleher excels at, which you would expect given he started out as an outfield player. 

He made a good save, the kind of one Kelleher was making in the EPL to keep his clean sheet, 3 weeks beforehand. He didn't boast that it was world class, he regarded it as a routine part of  job, which it is. On the same afternoon, Bazunu was having a severe dose of the butterfingers at  Rotherham, shipping 4 goals on the day. That's who our No. 1 is, but in terms of ability, there's absolutely nothing he can do that Kelleher can't. 

Im becoming more convinced with every post that you are Roy Stories fat mate

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:51pm
On the wind up is one thing, but the constant put down and digs at Bazunu is very weird. 

As Ireland fans, surely we like seeing all Irish lads doing well?

Very bizarre.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 7:32pm
Planning likes to lean up against the right politically and is an admirer of Donald Dump. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

On the wind up is one thing, but the constant put down and digs at Bazunu is very weird. 

Very bizarre.
Tbf it seems to me that some posters are similarly denigrating Kelleher, which is again baffling. 2 super young keepers, what's not to like? Baz has the jersey on merit, but that could change in the future!
Idah Dream!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Very bizarre.

Tbf it seems to me that some posters are similarly denigrating Kelleher, which is again baffling. 2 super young keepers, what's not to like? Baz has the jersey on merit, but that could change in the future!

This.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 7:55pm
Although I must object to "Baz"
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Very bizarre.

This.

Possibly, but I haven't seen that. Like I said in previous posts, we have 3 excellent young keepers and great to see them all doing well. I'd be confident whoever we have in there..
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 9:49pm
I don't think people are denigrating Kelleher, but he's 23 now, he needs to get out and play some first team football whatever the level.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 6:33pm
Alisson is clocking up a significant number of mistakes. Counted 4 today (could have been more), one of which led to Spurs equaliser. Kelleher would be best advised to bide his time imo. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 19 Dec 2021 at 6:35pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Alisson is clocking up a significant number of mistakes. Counted 4 today (could have been more), one of which led to Spurs equaliser. Kelleher would be best advised to bide his time imo. 

The only chance he has of getting game time is an injury to Alisson. He's had a few howlers last season, most noticeably against City in Feb.  There isn't a hope Kelleher knocks Alisson out of first choice.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

The only chance he has of getting game time is an injury to Alisson. He's had a few howlers last season, most noticeably against City in Feb.  There isn't a hope Kelleher knocks Alisson out of first choice.
if he keeps making mistakes which end up costing Liverpool points then of course kelleher has a chance to be selected. What kind of a daft manager would keep selecting a goalkeeper who continously makes mistakes? 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:32pm
Hopefully he gets the EFL Cup games vs Leicester on Wednesday.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:52pm

Can’t see taffarel recommending Allison gets the axe anytime soon.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2021 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Can’t see taffarel recommending Allison gets the axe anytime soon.

Had no idea he was GK coach at liverpool 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 173>
  Share Topic