You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 173>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:35pm
The planning obsession of Kelleher is an interesting one. Personally I think Kelleher could prove to be the superior keeper with his brilliant ability on the ball but he has yet to test himself for a full season in a lower division, an admirable chance taken by Bazunu. At 23 he is still very young in goalkeeping terms but a move for 1st team football must be the aim next season with Bazunu firmly holding on to the no. 1 spot for the foreseeable future.

It's a tough situation to weigh up, do you stay at one of the best teams in the world as 2nd choice, hoping an injury prone Alisson picks up an injury or do you go into the Championship or Europe to get games under your belt. Gavin is 4 years younger and already has more than 5 times the amount of senior appearances than Kelleher under his belt. It is his jersey to hold onto for now.

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 01 Dec 2021 at 3:36pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Klopp has managed the Kelleher situation well so far. Trusting him in any senior fixture shows how highly he rates him. Kelleher is the number 2 at the club and will be expected to step up at any minute. Training 5/6 days a week with that squad is doing him no harm at all and if/when he gets a call he’s ready to step in. The ideal scenario for Kelleher and Ireland is Alison gets injured and Kelleher steps in and does well for 8 or 10 games and maybe gets a move out of it down the line. 

If he gets a move in January he’s only going to go to play as a number 1 keeper. He’s not going to the Championship so tell me what Premier League club needs a number 1 at the moment? There’s established keepers at every club so he’s not going anywhere soon. He’s after signing a new contract as well and he’s on decent money so I would think he’s in no rush. He’s not going to regress if he’s not starting games and he has the security of his contract for another few years. The downside to that contract is it would take a decent bid to sign the number 2 keeper at one of the biggest clubs in Europe no matter how old he is or how many/little games he’s played.  

He is well aware of his situation, he's well aware of what everyone thinks of it. He's well aware that nobody at the club wants Alisson to be out at all. He's accepted his situation and still signed a new contract. It's not ideal, but a) playing anywhere else is a step down for him, and b) is no guarantee of playing for Ireland.

How is playing somewhere else a step down from not playing at all? 

Because he would be leaving one of the biggest clubs in the world. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Klopp has managed the Kelleher situation well so far. Trusting him in any senior fixture shows how highly he rates him. Kelleher is the number 2 at the club and will be expected to step up at any minute. Training 5/6 days a week with that squad is doing him no harm at all and if/when he gets a call he’s ready to step in. The ideal scenario for Kelleher and Ireland is Alison gets injured and Kelleher steps in and does well for 8 or 10 games and maybe gets a move out of it down the line. 

If he gets a move in January he’s only going to go to play as a number 1 keeper. He’s not going to the Championship so tell me what Premier League club needs a number 1 at the moment? There’s established keepers at every club so he’s not going anywhere soon. He’s after signing a new contract as well and he’s on decent money so I would think he’s in no rush. He’s not going to regress if he’s not starting games and he has the security of his contract for another few years. The downside to that contract is it would take a decent bid to sign the number 2 keeper at one of the biggest clubs in Europe no matter how old he is or how many/little games he’s played.  

He is well aware of his situation, he's well aware of what everyone thinks of it. He's well aware that nobody at the club wants Alisson to be out at all. He's accepted his situation and still signed a new contract. It's not ideal, but a) playing anywhere else is a step down for him, and b) is no guarantee of playing for Ireland.

How is playing somewhere else a step down from not playing at all? 

Because he would be leaving one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Hard to tell if you're being serious or not?

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 4:25pm
LOL

Mr Kelleher, badgersboy9 is on the phone: Altrincham Fc would like you as their Number 1. Will I put his call through now? 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

LOL

Mr Kelleher, badgersboy9 is on the phone: Altrincham Fc would like you as their Number 1. Will I put his call through now? 

LOL

Taking the whole Liverpool fanboys out of the equation, I dont see how sitting on a bench is benefiting him. I can see he clearly is a top keeper but, he is currently 3rd in line for the Irish jersey behind 2x younger keepers with a lot more experience. 

Unless there is an injury, that's not going to change, regardless if he's sitting on the bench for Liverpool or Altrincham..
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 4:50pm

LOL

LOL

Taking the whole Liverpool fanboys out of the equation, I dont see how sitting on a bench is benefiting him. I can see he clearly is a top keeper but, he is currently 3rd in line for the Irish jersey behind 2x younger keepers with a lot more experience. 

Unless there is an injury, that's not going to change, regardless if he's sitting on the bench for Liverpool or Altrincham..

He's in en environment whereby he is learning from one of the worlds best keepers, getting top level coaching, winning medals and playing "some" games. With a potential of a career lasting up to 15 years ahead he's probably happy where he is right now. I doubt that would be the same in 3 years if he was still in that situation. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

LOL

LOL

He's in en environment whereby he is learning from one of the worlds best keepers, getting top level coaching, winning medals and playing "some" games. With a potential of a career lasting up to 15 years ahead he's probably happy where he is right now. I doubt that would be the same in 3 years if he was still in that situation. 

I really hope that's the case.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 6:41pm
He will have to leave Liverpool eventually. He isn't going to take the jersey from Alisson anytime in the next few years. The question is how far does he drop when he leaves? A loan would make a lot of sense as he would still be a Liverpool player and if he did well he might attract interest from another PL or European club. We don't want a Danny Ward on our hands who is essentially just a career sub keeper.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Personally I think Kelleher could prove to be the superior keeper with his brilliant ability on the ball but he has yet to test himself for a full season in a lower division, an admirable chance taken by Bazunu. At 23 he is still very young in goalkeeping terms but a move for 1st team football must be the aim next season with Bazunu firmly holding on to the no. 1 spot for the foreseeable future.

It's a tough situation to weigh up, do you stay at one of the best teams in the world as 2nd choice, hoping an injury prone Alisson picks up an injury or do you go into the Championship or Europe to get games under your belt. Gavin is 4 years younger and already has more than 5 times the amount of senior appearances than Kelleher under his belt. It is his jersey to hold onto for now.

If you know about his brilliant ability, then why does he need to give up the chance of a EPL/UCL winners medal to play in a lower division with worse players? He's spent the past two years being told that he needs to go, every 5 minutes, and he still hasn't. No goalkeeper wants to sit on the bench, but he knows the position he's in, and how it can change at a moment's notice. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:04pm

Personally I think Kelleher could prove to be the superior keeper with his brilliant ability on the ball but he has yet to test himself for a full season in a lower division, an admirable chance taken by Bazunu. At 23 he is still very young in goalkeeping terms but a move for 1st team football must be the aim next season with Bazunu firmly holding on to the no. 1 spot for the foreseeable future.

If you know about his brilliant ability, then why does he need to give up the chance of a EPL/UCL winners medal to play in a lower division with worse players? He's spent the past two years being told that he needs to go, every 5 minutes, and he still hasn't. No goalkeeper wants to sit on the bench, but he knows the position he's in, and how it can change at a moment's notice. 

Well quit your crying when he’s back on the bench for Ireland! He’s used to it anyway. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Well quit your crying when he’s back on the bench for Ireland! He’s used to it anyway. 

Sure what's the point in him playing? Hes getting medals, good coaching and watching a world class keeper from pitch side.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:05pm
Every time I see Danny Ward I think of Kelleher, and I feel that there is no harm in him continuing to ply his trade at Liverpool and I take the point about him learning from the best.

Either way, a PL club might try to buy him outright or he might break Liverpool’s first team.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL

Spot on Clap
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 4:24pm
Bazunu of all people linked to Liverpool today (Planning might have to recalibrate his views on our goalkeepers a bit if that happened).Smile

I don't see Bazunu going to Liverpool but the story possibly has more relevance to Kelleher as it suggests Liverpool are in the market for a backup keeper. Not sure whether that would be so that Kelleher could go on loan or whether they would just sell him on.

Edited by You Tell Me - 05 Dec 2021 at 4:25pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Bazunu of all people linked to Liverpool today (Planning might have to recalibrate his views on our goalkeepers a bit if that happened).Smile

I don't see Bazunu going to Liverpool but the story possibly has more relevance to Kelleher as it suggests Liverpool are in the market for a backup keeper. Not sure whether that would be so that Kelleher could go on loan or whether they would just sell him on.
It would really just mean rotating our keepers as one goes on loan to play and the other sits on Liverpool's bench. Can't see it happening anyway.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 05 Dec 2021 at 4:37pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I don't think this to be the case at all.

Liverpool have 4 capable keepers all competing for the 2nd spot with Kelleher getting the nod.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 4:53pm
It may have surprised Klopp that Kelleher was not our no1 forced him to take a look at Bazunu. Would think Bazunu is a lot closer to taking Allison’s jersey than Kelleher right now in any case. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 5:13pm
But would city be willing to let Bazunu go to a rival?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 173>
  Share Topic