You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 171>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 9:50pm
Looked good tonight. A cup run would do him some good. Still think Bazunu has the edge over him at the minute though.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Sponsored Links

aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:11pm
Very good performance tonight
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:12pm
you really begin to think our two best players of this generation are both goalies. If they were both outfielders, even in the same position, you could at least get them both on the pitch. It's going to be a crying shame leaving out one of Kelleher or Bazunu match after match given some of the outfielders who are going to get 50+ caps.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Looked good tonight. A cup run would do him some good. Still think Bazunu has the edge over him at the minute though.

At this rate we'll have to find a way of squeezing Kelleher, Baz and Travers into the starting XI 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:41pm
I'd be Kellehers biggest fan but the hype bubble is going to fair burst when one of him or Bazunu inevitably make a mistake. Bazunu particularly some of the hype is mental. 

Kelleher was class and I hope he gets a Cup run now a good run of games. He's an Alisson injury away from being regular first choice for one of the best club teams on the planet no Irish player is in remotely as good a position when you put it into that context!!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:05pm
another excellent performance, swept up brilliantly, good pen save and so composed, never looks flustered. top, top keeper. baz can't be dropped currently, but I honestly feel caoimhin will eventually come out on top. great dilemma for us.
Idah Dream!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:28am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

another excellent performance, swept up brilliantly, good pen save and so composed, never looks flustered. top, top keeper. baz can't be dropped currently, but I honestly feel caoimhin will eventually come out on top. great dilemma for us.

Great dilemma to be in with the three keepers in our squad. 
Three keepers taking three different routes to get to the top. 

CK. Staying with his parent club as number two between the sticks but working with world class players day in and day out.

GB. Having all ready played LOI moving to a top club but going out on loan to play senior football in the UK.

MT. Stuck with Bournemouth and their relegation has helped his cause along with a new manager. Should the cherries get promoted he could be the first of the three to be a regular PL goalkeeper. 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 22 Sep 2021 at 10:29am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 3:59pm
Flawless performance again who should be Ireland's No. 1, showing Bazunu how you keep a clean sheet. Not only did he save a crucial penalty, just look at how he cleared every through ball over his back four. When you see how Bazunu managed it In the Serbia game by completely missing everything and the ball, there really is no comparison between them. 

Kenny did show up to watch him, and he has a choice to make. Either he sticks with a keeper who can't keep clean sheets, costing us points and sending him nearer the exit door, or he plays someone he can rely upon to  keep clean sheets but can't play every week. For me, it's a no brainer. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Flawless performance again who should be Ireland's No. 1, showing Bazunu how you keep a clean sheet. Not only did he save a crucial penalty, just look at how he cleared every through ball over his back four. When you see how Bazunu managed it In the Serbia game by completely missing everything and the ball, there really is no comparison between them. 

Kenny did show up to watch him, and he has a choice to make. Either he sticks with a keeper who can't keep clean sheets, costing us points and sending him nearer the exit door, or he plays someone he can rely upon to  keep clean sheets but can't play every week. For me, it's a no brainer. 

Very harsh on Bazunu imo and I'm an LFC fan who thinks Kelleher will ultimately emerge as Ireland's #1, but Bazunu has been excellent and deserves to keep his spot for the next competitive game given current circumstances. Kelleher should certainly start the meaningless Qatar game. We can look again then, but it would be harsh to drop Bazunu at that stage if he puts in another good performance. 2 excellent young keepers and as pointed out by others, Travers is doing well also, so we look well stocked.
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:23pm

Clown
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:48pm

LOLLOL

We would have conceded 4 if any other keeper was in goals for us against Serbia! Going by your previous posts in the whatever section I feel there is a hint of racism in your weird agenda against Bazunu.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOLLOL

We would have conceded 4 if any other keeper was in goals for us against Serbia! Going by your previous posts in the whatever section I feel there is a hint of racism in your weird agenda against Bazunu.

Bazunu's distribution against Serbia was excellent 👌 

Aye, this chap defiantly votes for the National Party and beats the meat watching Gemma O'Doherty and her cronies on Parler. 
Landsdowne90 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landsdowne90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:25pm
we are truly blessed in the GK department, Kelleher excellent last night, well able to read the game with Liverpool playing a high line
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:30pm

LOLLOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:59pm

LOLLOL

And this is the other end of the spectrum. He was very good vs Serbia, but to suggest if it had been any other keeper we would have conceded four is going oitt in the other direction. You honestly think Kelleher would have conceded 4 facing those same strikes on goal?
Idah Dream!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

LOLLOL

And this is the other end of the spectrum. He was very good vs Serbia, but to suggest if it had been any other keeper we would have conceded four is going oitt in the other direction. You honestly think Kelleher would have conceded 4 facing those same strikes on goal?

On another day Buzunu concedes 4!! He was inspired that night.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:08pm

Going by your previous posts in the whatever section I feel there is a hint of racism in your weird agenda against Bazunu.

Ah, now it's the racist card thrown out. Criticism of a Dubliner who can't keep a clean sheet amounts to a racist agenda these days. Confused I suppose that also extends to posters who say that Idah isn't up to it either. And there was a lot of them who saw that last night. 

As for Bazunu's distribution, that brought about the penalty for Portugal, and the throw in that led to the Serbia goal. He was beaten at his near post against Azerbaijan, and that's just the last 3 games. None of them were clean sheets. That's not racism, that's what happened. 

We have a situation where a manager struggling to keep his neck above the water, prefers a keeper at Portsmouth who has conceded 7 goals in 7 games, to a keeper with a European Cup winners medal round his neck, manages to keep the ball out of the net, and who might just save Kenny's job if he gets the chance. 

Even a world champion winner like Klopp who has won everything and the kitchen sink, couldn't resist having a dig last night at Kenny over snubbing him. Does that also amount to "racism" in your book? 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:25pm

Going by your previous posts in the whatever section I feel there is a hint of racism in your weird agenda against Bazunu.

Ah, now it's the racist card thrown out. Criticism of a Dubliner who can't keep a clean sheet amounts to a racist agenda these days. Confused I suppose that also extends to posters who say that Idah isn't up to it either. And there was a lot of them who saw that last night. 

As for Bazunu's distribution, that brought about the penalty for Portugal, and the throw in that led to the Serbia goal. He was beaten at his near post against Azerbaijan, and that's just the last 3 games. None of them were clean sheets. That's not racism, that's what happened. 

We have a situation where a manager struggling to keep his neck above the water, prefers a keeper at Portsmouth who has conceded 7 goals in 7 games, to a keeper with a European Cup winners medal round his neck, manages to keep the ball out of the net, and who might just save Kenny's job if he gets the chance. 

Even a world champion winner like Klopp who has won everything and the kitchen sink, couldn't resist having a dig last night at Kenny over snubbing him. Does that also amount to "racism" in your book? 

Are you a Liverpool barstooler or from Cork? Or both. Something is imparing your ability for rational thought 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 171>
  Share Topic