You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 173>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 9:21pm
Seen both goals there. He really should have come for the first one although Konate is equally as guilty for letting his man go. 

The 2nd goal 3 goalkeepers wouldn’t have stopped that. Just a freak of a hit. I see on Twitter he wasn’t getting a lot of love mainly stinging criticism for the 2nd goal included. Liverpool fans can be to put it mildly fickle idiots at times and by the criticism I was expecting something completely different for the 2nd goal. No saving that. 

Reading between the lines I don’t think any player covered themselves in glory tonight for Liverpool it got worse in the 2nd half so that will be a saving grace to him. Does he start there first game or will Alisson be back? 

Edited by kevin100 - 29 Jul 2021 at 9:22pm
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:36pm
Looks like he”ll be starting on Sunday against Leeds with Alisson banned. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 1:48pm
With Allison out he will get the nod!! Nice break for him and will no doubt get a League Cup game soon as well! No harm to see him get this break he deserves a reward like this as no doubt not playing for Ireland will have him thinking a bit!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 11:25pm
Anyone know when the result of Liverpool's appeal will be revealed?
geansaĂ­ View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaĂ­ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 11:50pm
I'd be kinda amazed if this isn't sorted with all the players free to play. 

When you take into consideration what actually happened with the Brazil Argentina game! None of the Brazilian players would have been able to play as they would have been in quarantine if they went
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by geansaĂ­ geansaĂ­ wrote:

I'd be kinda amazed if this isn't sorted with all the players free to play. 

When you take into consideration what actually happened with the Brazil Argentina game! None of the Brazilian players would have been able to play as they would have been in quarantine if they went

My thinking too reading between the lines now! Got a bit excited prematurely!
geansaĂ­ View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geansaĂ­ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 11:23am
Still no definitive answer on what's going on with the Brazilians so maybe it will happen! Unless the premier league just defies Fifa!

I'm assuming something has to be said officially today on it
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 1:00pm
Does it really matter if he plays or not? One game isn't going to make a difference. No matter what he does in the game hes not going to displace Alisson and 1 game between now and October wont put Bazunu under any threat.

Kenny already said Kelleher will play against Qatar next month, thats the best he can hope for as long as hes no.2 at Liverpool.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 1:05pm
Of course it matters. If you’re second choice keeper you should be playing at any opportunity.

It would be another senior appearance for him.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 1:31pm
If Bazunu gets injured for the next game and Kelleher doesn't play tomorrow (or before the next Ireland game), then who goes in goal?

Does Kelleher automatically play or will Travers get the nod?

You need the players playing. 

Edited by horsebox - 10 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Does it really matter if he plays or not? One game isn't going to make a difference. No matter what he does in the game hes not going to displace Alisson and 1 game between now and October wont put Bazunu under any threat.

Kenny already said Kelleher will play against Qatar next month, thats the best he can hope for as long as hes no.2 at Liverpool.

Life exists outside of next month! It will be another senior appearance for him and an opportunity to impress. 10-15 games this season for Liverpool  as 2nd choice impressing enhances his CV massively and if going on loan next year he will attract some real good interest potentially on the continent.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Life exists outside of next month! It will be another senior appearance for him and an opportunity to impress. 10-15 games this season for Liverpool  as 2nd choice impressing enhances his CV massively and if going on loan next year he will attract some real good interest potentially on the continent.

There was interest this year and last year but he didn't push for it. Seems content being no.2 for now. Young players need to be playing week in/out to improve their game and raise their profile like Bazunu. No point in sitting there pissing away his career until hes in his mid to late 20s with f**k all games under his belt. If Randolph secures a loan in January and Travers and Bazunu continue their fine season, he could find himself way down the pecking order next year.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:06pm
There wasn't a hope of Bazunu getting a game for City this year which is why he went out on loan, Kelleher on the other hand played 5 games before getting injured.

Alisson also has missed parts of the season in the last few years, so there no doubt that Kelleher will play games this year. 

The 2 situations are completely different.

It's also likely that since Kelleher is #2 Klopp would block a loan move away.

Edited by horsebox - 10 Sep 2021 at 2:07pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

There wasn't a hope of Bazunu getting a game for City this year which is why he went out on loan, Kelleher on the other hand played 5 games before getting injured.

Alisson also has missed parts of the season in the last few years, so there no doubt that Kelleher will play games this year. 

The 2 situations are completely different.

It's also likely that since Kelleher is #2 Klopp would block a loan move away.

That's it exactly. Kelleher should play a decent number of games this season at Liverpool.

El Puto Amo
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:20pm

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

There was interest this year and last year but he didn't push for it. Seems content being no.2 for now. Young players need to be playing week in/out to improve their game and raise their profile like Bazunu. No point in sitting there pissing away his career until hes in his mid to late 20s with f**k all games under his belt. If Randolph secures a loan in January and Travers and Bazunu continue their fine season, he could find himself way down the pecking order next year.

He was due to leave them last year on loan to a Dutch club only for an injury to Alison scuppering it. This year he is right to stay as 2nd choice on balance prospect of playing 10-15 games for Liverpool how can he walk away from that unless he got a proper good loan offer. 

He will be 2nd choice if playing semi regularly for Liverpool and I would be disappointed if we see Randolph play for us again beyond a farewell game. e
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:46pm
Agreed, Randolph will be 37 when the 2024 Euros kick off. He is currently 3rd choice at West Ham and that wont change until January at the earliest. Unless we face a real crisis his time is up. Kelleher and Travers both 22 and Bazunu 19 represent the future. Hopefully Travers continues to get 1st team football at Bournemouth and while it would be desirable for Kelleher to get 1st team action also, I think a lot of people underestimate just what an achievement it is to become LFC's #2 at his age. He trains every day with arguably the best keeper in the world and against some genuinely world class attacking players. I would have no worries with Caoimhin, but for now Bazunu has the jersey.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2021 at 2:46pm
He's already fallen behind Bazunu and will be facing an uphill climb to challenge him now.

Bazumu is playing league 1 but has the advantage of playing three massive senior internationals and acquitted himself very well.

Even if kelleher gets 10 odd games under his belt for Liverpool I think he'll still be sitting down for the internationals. If he becomes Liverpool number 1 of a number 1 somewhere else then that's a different story.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 173>
  Share Topic