Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 171>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Think it's a no-brainer at this point to start him, I mean aside from the lad at Kilmarnock he's the only Irish goalkeeper getting game time.

Bazuno and Travers are both playing too.

O'Hara might be as well.

More the reason why Randolph shouldn’t even be considered. It’d be an insult to the keepers getting game time to be behind someone who has played 0 minutes.

It wasn’t so long ago when we had a League 1 keeper as our first choice - The lad at Millwall, forgot his name now, but it was deserved because he was playing weekly 

Edit: David Forde

Those keepers above are fairly sh*te to be fair. 

Bazuno probably will be #1 or #2 probably to Kellegher - who knows, but at least he's learning his trade.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

And the good news is that Kellegher is training with the best goal keeper in the world too!

We have seen over the last 2 season that Alisson has missed a number of games through injury and he has played 5 games so far (I think). I am sure he might play a bit more too.

There is also the possibility that if he does move he'll play second fiddle an in inferior team.

Why would he want to move when he's getting games and challenging for trophies. 

I must have missed his transfer to Atletico or Bayern.

Liverpool have been challenging and winning trophies since Kellegher signed. 

A lot more that Atletico anyway.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:31pm
Eh, I like Kelleher, it GK is a tough position to change during high stakes games. I don’t think at this stage Kelleher is clearly better than Randolph at most things (distribution aside), nor is he playing every week. If we play him in a competitive game, you can bet our opponents commit to a high press, charge him down at every opportunity. It’s not like he’s going to have Thiago, Salah, Alexander-Arnold, etc. on hand as an out ball.

I think he could rise to the challenge, but it’s a bigger risk than it looks.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:33pm
klopp had no issues playing him in a premier league game for a top of the table side and in champions league games.  Are Ireland games more pressurised than that? 
AKA pedantic kunt
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

klopp had no issues playing him in a premier league game for a top of the table side and in champions league games.  Are Ireland games more pressurised than that? 
But he didn’t play him in the cup vs Utd two weeks ago when Liverpool were under pressure for the win.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

fair enough het field agreed some of the senior lads played in those 8 games also but more what I’m referencing is the clamour to bring in fresh faces just cause they are fresh.

For me he has few key decisions to make one is with the keeper he might well choose Kelleher from a style perspective but for me Randolph has saved us more than enough to hold is place at least in the short term.
He has a big decision at right back Coleman is clearly better in this role than Doherty but Kenny seems to favour Doherty.
On form Duffy has to go but then he was his captain and probably our biggest goal threat.
In the middle Hourihane, McCarthy and Hendrick look to be first choice but would he better served getting one out a replacing them with more legs?

And up top you would think 2 of  Connolly Robinson and Brady will
Start and he likes Idah in the middle but he hasn’t got going this season atall.
Could Shane Long with a run of games come in as the central striker?

Change for change sake isn't a great idea. It demands a team of unknowns gelling at once, and that will always have teething problems. Even when it has been successful (think Man United 95/96) there are times at which it looks like a bum mission. I also agree with you about Coleman. I really don't think that there has to be an either/or with Doherty. I'd like both to be in the team, and what is to stop Doherty moving centrally in an attacking back 5, with Coleman and Stevens on the flanks?

Cullen is the one I'd be most interested in, and to me Alan Browne has a very progressive mindset, and looked creative against Slovakia.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

But he didn’t play him in the cup vs Utd two weeks ago when Liverpool were under pressure for the win.

He probably would have thought if his other choice was Randolph 
AKA pedantic kunt
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:54pm

Think it's a no-brainer at this point to start him, I mean aside from the lad at Kilmarnock he's the only Irish goalkeeper getting game time.

O'Hara might be as well.

More the reason why Randolph shouldn’t even be considered. It’d be an insult to the keepers getting game time to be behind someone who has played 0 minutes.

It wasn’t so long ago when we had a League 1 keeper as our first choice - The lad at Millwall, forgot his name now, but it was deserved because he was playing weekly 

Only one of Forde's 24 caps came when he was playing in League One, his final cap against Belarus in May 2016, and that was his first game since getting injured the previous January.
He earned every other cap when playing in the Championship
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 3:01pm
I cannot see Randolph being dropped by Kenny. I wouldn’t mind if Kelleher was selected.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

O'Hara might be as well.

Only one of Forde's 24 caps came when he was playing in League One, his final cap against Belarus in May 2016, and that was his first game since getting injured the previous January.

Coyner bending the truth? Never.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

O'Hara might be as well.

Coyner bending the truth? Never.
To be fair to Forde he put in one of the best displays I remember of an Irish Keeper away to Sweden I was delighted for him 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:24pm
Just to address we have gone with the young players and it hasn’t worked point? It’s as if we didn’t play any of the senior players in any of the 8 games. 

Connolly O’Shea Molumby all played on merit basically. Knight got a few minutes with injuries and Idah the one player that really was a punt and looked slightly overmatched although in fairness he was so isolated it’s hard to judge him. 

Also if Kelleher is a risk in that Portugal might try and press him I’d hate the think what Randolph would be if they pressed him. Randolph cost us against Finland and almost cost us in other games. 

The point of Kelleher is that he’s good with his feet not that Arnold or anyone else is so good at looking for the ball from him. He won’t lose that ability playing for Ireland because it’s Doherty or Egan he’s passing to instead of Matip or Robertson. 

Kelleher is light on experience so to speak but has played really well for Liverpool even in bad team performances like last night he was widely reputed to be their one decent performer. 

It’s simple Randolph and Duffy with the way Kenny wants to play are vulnerable and when you have a talented young keeper on the scene playing  at a very high level and is tailor made for the style then you use him. 

Edited by kevin100 - 04 Feb 2021 at 6:27pm
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 3:42pm
Not in today's match day squad.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 3:49pm
He took a knock and is unavailable.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:01pm
Shocking 30 seconds there from Alisson.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

And again

What a mare he is having.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Make that a shocking five minutes. Completely lost the head.

Edited by You Tell Me - 07 Feb 2021 at 6:06pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:08pm
Best keeper in the world according to some liverpool heads 😀😀😀

Now Tyler saying he was too cold ha ha 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 171>
  Share Topic