You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 173>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Wes_Wanderers Wes_Wanderers wrote:

Absolutely nothing he could havel done for the goal.

He could have saved it. 

Alisson would have saved it - he saves these type of shots all the time.

How often are the Liverpool defence cut open like that if Alisson saves those type pf shots all the time? Got any examples?

A lot.

Exact same thing happened against West Brom with Williams being caught out with a ball over the top and Allison makes the save. Not a great shot though. Allison always makes himself big - and usually makes the save with his forearms.

The fact that this was a great shot is the difference here though. As t_rAndy said, spreading himself offers the option of putting it through his legs. It's a one on one with a great finish, no blame on keeper.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:45pm
It’s a great finish and most keepers wouldn’t save it. Only criticism is that Kelleher sets himself a little too early and isn’t aggressive enough to close the angle. Alisson tends to rush out and tries to dominate the situation by forcing the attacker to make a quick decision. By stopping early, Kelleher allowed Barry more options and a larger area to shoot into. The photo above shows the difference with Alisson still advancing and closing the gap between himself and the striker.

Edited by Fatnacho - 09 Jan 2021 at 4:48pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:50pm

He could have saved it. 

How often are the Liverpool defence cut open like that if Alisson saves those type pf shots all the time? Got any examples?

A lot.

Exact same thing happened against West Brom with Williams being caught out with a ball over the top and Allison makes the save. Not a great shot though. Allison always makes himself big - and usually makes the save with his forearms.

The fact that this was a great shot is the difference here though. As t_rAndy said, spreading himself offers the option of putting it through his legs. It's a one on one with a great finish, no blame on keeper.

I never blamed the keeper.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:50pm
I don't think he was at fault for the goal from what I saw. How did he play overall?
It would damage this forums' reputation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

He could have saved it. 

Do you rate any of our young lads Horsey?  😁
Only if your names McGeady
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Fatnacho Fatnacho wrote:

It’s a great finish and most keepers wouldn’t save it. Only criticism is that Kelleher sets himself a little too early and isn’t aggressive enough to close the angle. Alisson tends to rush out and tries to dominate the situation by forcing the attacker to make a quick decision. By stopping early, Kelleher allowed Barry more options and a larger area to shoot into. The photo above shows the difference with Alisson still advancing and closing the gap between himself and the striker.

The defence is a lot deeper in that picture, the attacker has less of a run on goal and because of that less chance to chip the onrushing Allison. Barry had a free run from way out the field last night, if Kelleher had kept going at him it would have been a simple chip over his head for Barry with Kelleher left in no mans land. We're looking for mistakes where there simply are not any here.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 6:14pm
For me its a style. Alisson rushes out, makes himself big, tries to block it with some part of his body. Kelleher perhaps has a different style, almost inviting them to go either left or right rather than straight and fancies his chance of making the reaction. It didn't work out as it was a good finish, next time he might save it or the finish is not as good and he gets to it. 

Anyway, he played fine, I love his confidence in wanting the ball played back to him. Think we will be fine when Randolph finishes, could even jump ahead of him if we really want to build on a passing game

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Jan 2021 at 6:14pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 6:26pm
If Kenny wants to Kelleher will be jumping ahead of him fairly lively. 

If Randolph was playing regularly for West Ham or tailor made for the style it would be a different conversation but he’s not either or.

Kelleher has played more than Randolph this year and I thought against Midtjyland the team went to pot in front of him and he still handled himself exemplary. Was his most impressive performance given the context of the game.
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 7:00pm
I would start him against Luxembourg
Whacha gonna do
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

+1

He's had as much football as Randolph over the past few months. He's a better fit in the Kenny system as well 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 7:50pm

He could have saved it. 

That’s not fair. He gets hot and sweaty about that young boy at Fleetwood. Madden I think his name is!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

He could have saved it. 

That’s not fair. He gets hot and sweaty about that young boy at Fleetwood. Madden I think his name is!

Always thought he was worth another shot. If you can give Padraig Amond a token call-up when he's playing in League 2 because of one or two goals against PL sides in the FA Cup then surely Madden deserved a few more friendly appearances to show what he can do when he's consistently scored goals coming up on 10 years. He didn't do it at Yeovil at Championship level but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt there for several reasons.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:56pm

Why against Luxembourg and not Serbia?
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Why against Luxembourg and not Serbia?

Would start him in both games, no fan of Liverpool but hopefully they go far, the more games for this fella the better
Whacha gonna do
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 2:47pm
Strong rumours Alisson has a niggle and is a doubt for Brighton tonight. This is what I reference about Alisson he seems to be injured regularly for a keeper. Kelleher could find himself in a fantastic spot as No.2 there. 

No reason why he wouldn’t play if Alisson is injured surely? He’s been on the bench in every game since he came back so I think you can take it that he’s firmly No.2 in Klopps eyes.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Strong rumours Alisson has a niggle and is a doubt for Brighton tonight. This is what I reference about Alisson he seems to be injured regularly for a keeper. Kelleher could find himself in a fantastic spot as No.2 there. 

No reason why he wouldn’t play if Alisson is injured surely? He’s been on the bench in every game since he came back so I think you can take it that he’s firmly No.2 in Klopps eyes.

Rumour was true...starts Thumbs Up
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 7:22pm
Well thats not bad is it 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 7:43pm
Should he be ahead of Randolph now given he's playing more games for a better team? Randolph has always done well for us but doesn't look great with the ball at his feet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 173>
  Share Topic