Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 173>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

[QUOTE=seanyshuffler]Awh dunno. I'm all for praising players when they play welll. Think you're too green eyed in your view. You were very anti Glenn Whelan which I find gas since he's one of our better midfielders in the last decade[/QUOTE

I'm not praising him, I'm saying the criticism of his performance is ridiculous. There's a trend of trashing players on here for the most innocuous of incidents, this is just another one.

1st goal: It wasn't hit overly hard or even placed that much to the side and I think match sharp playing week in week Kelleher would have saved that along with the 4th. Not outrageous errors but I think he's more than capable of saving those if playing regularly.

2nd goal: Defence didn't do him any favours but he has to be doing better for that. No question.

Could do nothing about the 3rd even if he dived for it as it was very well placed. 

I would cut him a bit of slack given the fact he hasn't played in so long and the defence was atrocious in front of him. 

Kelleher has more ability than Travers but Travers's performance was much better yesterday.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:49am
Parsing every individual performance by Bazunu/Kelleher/Travers has just become boring at this stage. Lets just see where they all end up at the start of the new season and take things from there.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:57am
The problem with that approach is that Kelleher has played so few games that how else can you try to analyse him? It's not like he has ever had a 10 or 15 game run in the team to assess him over a wider timeframe. This is all we have to go on, and it's all any team considering spending a large wad of cash on him has to go on as well. His situation is different to Bazunu's and Travers' in that respect.

Edited by You Tell Me - 29 May 2023 at 10:57am
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:06am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Parsing every individual performance by Bazunu/Kelleher/Travers has just become boring at this stage. Lets just see where they all end up at the start of the new season and take things from there.

LOL

Do you know how football forums work? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:16am
Could say the same about there being 44 new posts any time Tom Cannon scores a goal or Adam Idah has a shot on target on their threads
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:36am
It was very obvious that Kelleher didnt play well yday. We all want our Irish lads to be doing well when they get an opportunity but we have to be honest when things dont go right for them either.

I also dont agree with the posters who say 'ah well it is to be expected because he hasnt been getting a run of games'...  If every sub keeper who came in needed a run of 4-5 games to get up to speed, then no sub keeper would ever last!!

He needed to be put in a big game yday, put himself in the shop window and get a good move, and unfortunately it didnt work out.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 11:39am
Travers made his first start in five months yesterday and played very well
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 8:45pm
Adrian signing a new deal with Liverpool. 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 9:40am
Just watched the highlights - the goals were horrendous, all of them. If he doesn't get out of liverpool this summer he needs his head checked. Getting a start with a championship team for a full season is what he needs. 
Here we go again
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:31am
Well Flekken is officially in at Brentford now, so that's one possibility gone for Kelleher. Raya may well also move from Brentford to another Premier League club, so that would be another option gone. Unless Brighton come in for Kelleher, he's looking at a bottom of the table team or a move outside the Premier League realistically.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:41am
Or he may still stay at Liverpool. He'd most likely have all the group stage Europa League games to play as well as the league cup so maybe that might be enough for him. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 12:26pm
Liverpool insisting on a buy back clause might limit his options of a decent move. Though if Brighton do end up trying to bring him in they're probably the only club that would get him without a buy back clause.

Doubt they'd do business with Liverpool for McAllister and then agree to a buy back clause in Kelleher's contract.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Or he may still stay at Liverpool. He'd most likely have all the group stage Europa League games to play as well as the league cup so maybe that might be enough for him. 

6-10 games spread out when turning 25 really isn't enough, especially considering how little he has played so far. He is coming shortly into his prime years, if he isn't angling for a move that makes him first choice then I have serious doubts over his ambition in football.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 12:35pm
He's only played 31 games in his senior career, including Ireland capsStern Smile
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

He's only played 31 games in his senior career, including Ireland capsStern Smile

Mad to think Bazunu has more PL appearances than Kelleher has senior appearances.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Mad to think Bazunu has more PL appearances than Kelleher has senior appearances.
If Bazunu  retired tomorrow, and Kelleher played every game(PL, league cup, FA Cup, and Europe) for Liverpool, never got injured, dropped, or suspended, then he still wouldn't overtake Bazunu's career appearances until sometime around April 2025
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
PinginĂ­ View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PinginĂ­ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The continuing justification for Caoimhin staying on the bench is hilarious. 6 Europa League games and a X amount of Carabao cup games isn't enough. Klopp has shown time and time again, if it's truly an important cup game, he'll play Alisson. The only guarantee he has is the League Cup.

He's almost 25. He needs to play football, now. It was fun being Liverpool's #2 for all those years when he was young, but it's time for the lad to actually play.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 2:06pm
For Kelleher to leave there would have to be a number of conditions met :

- He'd need to push to leave
- He'd need attract an offer that Liverpool felt acceptable (If he pushed to leave I don't think they would be unreasonable on that)
- Liverpool would have to be covered for both homegrown lists.

The 3rd of those might be the biggest issue 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 126127128129130 173>
  Share Topic