You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 173>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:07pm
Don't think there will be too many Premier League clubs lining up to pay £20m+ for him if they're going by the first 30 minutes today. Not great for either goal, both saveable I think.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:54pm
Another soft goal conceded. His positioning could have been better. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 5:56pm
Should have saved three of them based on the clips I've seen. Suspect positioning and just seems very slow to get down to low, drilled shots.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 6:24pm
That’s what happens when you’re sitting on the bench all year! Needs to move to a side where he will play consistently.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 6:27pm
Haven't seen any goals, but the guy's never had a run of games. A decent run of games may proove he's needed the match sharpness to hit his peak. Or it may proove he's just a bit average. I have doubts as to how good he actually is.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

That’s what happens when you’re sitting on the bench all year! Needs to move to a side where he will play consistently.

Yup
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Spot on. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 8:28pm
Absolutely nothing he can do about 3 of the 4 goals. The comical "keeper should do better" brigade out in force again.
We're decent enough..
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 8:50pm
More chance of Shay Given being a PL #1 next year 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Absolutely nothing he can do about 3 of the 4 goals. The comical "keeper should do better" brigade out in force again.
Do you run Kenny Kids or something?LOL

An Irish player can have a bad game every now and then
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

They can, just nowhere near as regularly as you'd think reading the posts on this misery circle jerk. Reading the comments on here you'd think he'd made multiple howlers, in reality he might have done better for the 2nd and the rest were great finishes.
We're decent enough..
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 10:34pm
Awh dunno. I'm all for praising players when they play welll. Think you're too green eyed in your view. You were very anti Glenn Whelan which I find gas since he's one of our better midfielders in the last decade
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 10:54pm
[QUOTE=seanyshuffler]Awh dunno. I'm all for praising players when they play welll. Think you're too green eyed in your view. You were very anti Glenn Whelan which I find gas since he's one of our better midfielders in the last decade[/QUOTE

I'm not praising him, I'm saying the criticism of his performance is ridiculous. There's a trend of trashing players on here for the most innocuous of incidents, this is just another one.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 11:24pm
He wasn’t great for any of the goals 

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2023 at 11:31pm
I thought he was poor for the 4th goal but beyond that it’s harsh critiquing him too much for any other goal. 

Watched the highlights Liverpool were awful Southampton carved them open. Too many players on holidays mentally typical dead rubber game. Even the 2nd goal is a player in on goal issues go far beyond the keeper not saving that. 

Culture of slating keepers and blaming them for everything in the “Prem” has become a bit much and it shows in how many keepers have been “dropped” this season alone. Funny enough it has made very little difference to the vast majority of said teams performance. 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 12:03am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

LOLLOL
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:07am
Circlejerk for Bazunu fans!
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:44am
It's not what John's going to want to hear but, having seen the four goals back this morning with added replays and improved picture quality, there were issues with Kelleher on all four. 

The first one was a reasonably decent shot to be fair, but Kelleher seemed a bit slow to get down. The second one was the worst of the four, it snuck under his body, he really should have been saving that. The last two were more positional issues, he seemed way too far over to the right side of his goal in both cases. He wasn't saving the very well placed shot for the third even if he was in the centre of the goal, but standing so far over was probably what encouraged the shot in the first place. He probably saves the fourth one if his positioning is better, he seems to have lost his bearings a bit running backwards towards his goal as Southampton attacked.

As Ireland supporters it's almost impossible for us not to regularly compare Kelleher and Bazunu, it's just the way of it. But Bazunu played over 30 games this season and I don't think he had one where conceded as many potentially saveable goals as Kelleher conceded in his solitary league appearance yesterday.

Obviously rustiness will have played a part as well, but I'm not sure I see a Premier League team spending the money to sign him as an out and out first choice at this point, unless Liverpool significantly drop their asking price. I'd almost prefer to see him get a full year out of the spotlight as a regular in the Championship being honest. But I doubt any Championship team would pay the fee, unless maybe someone like Leicester. It's entirely possible he ends up back on the Liverpool bench again next season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 125126127128129 173>
  Share Topic