You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2023 at 12:51pm
I think the first goal, could have been saved by someone like De Gea in good form. But I don't think it's a black mark against Kelleher given his lack of recent game time especially.

The second goal, although a tricky deflection, he did seem slow to react, and I think some criticism is legitimate. But again could put this down to lack of regular first team appearances. He is not yet battle hardened, and experienced. 

He needs to play regular first team football, and with the potential he has, I predict he will do very well. 

Reports that Liverpool want to sell him to a foreign team, with a buy back clause. Bundesliga or Serie A would be good. 
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 4:14pm
Being linked with Brentford as a replacement for Raya. Would make sense, he's a similar style of goalkeeper with very good distribution.
We're decent enough..
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Being linked with Brentford as a replacement for Raya. Would make sense, he's a similar style of goalkeeper with very good distribution.

that would be a good move in my opinion
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 6:16pm
Would put him in the box seat to be the Irish #1 as well, unless the goalposts are going to shift. Can't see him ending up anywhere else but a top division in Europe, so does that make him our #1, assuming Baz is relegated and Caoimhin plays well?
Idah Dream!
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Would put him in the box seat to be the Irish #1 as well, unless the goalposts are going to shift. Can't see him ending up anywhere else but a top division in Europe, so does that make him our #1, assuming Baz is relegated and Caoimhin plays well?

Surely form for Ireland is a, if not the key, consideration too? Though I don't think either of them have the position nailed down on that basis either, both have had their moments (good and bad).
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 6:34pm

If he moves to Brentford and hits the ground running then it would 100%. 

Depends on what Bazunu does. I know the consensus is Bazunu won’t get a transfer but clubs fall over themselves for young “modern” goalkeepers and Bazunus “modern goalkeeping” stats this season were very good. There will be potentially a good few PL sides looking for a keeper this summer not to mention he might be cheap enough for a decent club in Europe now that they are relegated. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Depends on what Bazunu does. I know the consensus is Bazunu won’t get a transfer but clubs fall over themselves for young “modern” goalkeepers and Bazunus “modern goalkeeping” stats this season were very good. There will be potentially a good few PL sides looking for a keeper this summer not to mention he might be cheap enough for a decent club in Europe now that they are relegated. 

His "modern" stats may have been good (no idea wha that means tbh), but his actual goalkeeping stats were poor. Can't see a PL club forking out £20mn for him after the season he's just had! 

I think a year in the Ch'ship with a winning Southampton side, who should go straight back up if properly managed, will do him the world of good tbh. Hopefully Smallbone plays for them also.
Idah Dream!
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 7:57pm
I saw an article today stating that by some of the "actual" goalkeeping stats that Ederson has been the third worst keeper after Bazunu and Meslier. 
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 9:11pm
Kelleher to Brentford would be a perfect move. Brentford are a well run club, and Frank is an excellent coach. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 12:37pm

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

His "modern" stats may have been good (no idea wha that means tbh), but his actual goalkeeping stats were poor. Can't see a PL club forking out £20mn for him after the season he's just had! 

I think a year in the Ch'ship with a winning Southampton side, who should go straight back up if properly managed, will do him the world of good tbh. Hopefully Smallbone plays for them also.

In terms of crossing,passing,sweeping,high claims,punches,clearances etc he is very high up in the vast majority of those stats. Top 5 in the League in a number of them which for his age is exceptional. 

Clubs fall over themselves for that nowadays. Meslier despite an expected goals conceded approaching as dire as Bazunu will definitely be snapped up if they go down cause he figures prominently in all these stats too. Ederson is the 3rd worst in the saves department and I doubt any PL club wouldn’t snap your hand off to take him. 

I don’t disagree on the face of it a year in calmer waters in a team that will actually be superior in most games will benefit him. Every little growing pain or mistake which is inevitable for a kid like him won’t be fatal. 

My one gripe is the owners and how they have run the club this year. It’s been Boehly/Glazer levels of inept

Edited by kevin100 - 08 May 2023 at 12:39pm
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 12:42pm
Can’t see any prem club buying a second choice keeper to Alex McCarthy

Absolutely no guarantee he gets back into the team next season either. Could end up going on loan to a championship club 

Edited by Greener92 - 08 May 2023 at 12:42pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Absolutely no guarantee he gets back into the team next season either. Could end up going on loan to a championship club 

Bazunu has played 32 league games this year, McCarthy has played 2. 

If you can't see why clubs would be interested in a 21 year old goalkeeper with 3 seasons of first team football under his belt already, as well as fitting the archetypal "modern" goalkeeping style, then you're just being wilfilly ignorant. He's got top level potential, there are only a handful of goalkeepers in the world playing at a comparative level at his age.
We're decent enough..
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 1:30pm
cant believe kelleher has interest from midtable PL clubs. thought he was destined to a mid table championship move because PL clubs dont take risks on "lads who get splinters on their arse" from sitting on liverpools bench. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 1:35pm
Ovie Ejaria is the last player to be sold to a Championship club.

Very few of Liverpool's transfers are to Championship clubs.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 1:41pm

If you can't see why clubs would be interested in a 21 year old goalkeeper with 3 seasons of first team football under his belt already, as well as fitting the archetypal "modern" goalkeeping style, then you're just being wilfilly ignorant. He's got top level potential, there are only a handful of goalkeepers in the world playing at a comparative level at his age.

What has he got to show for the 32 games? Not to mention he probably would have been dropped sooner only McCarthy has been injured. Nobody is questioning that he is a talented keeper. But the bottom line is that he is statistically the second worse goalkeeper in the league. If the other keepers his age that you refer to, are in the same bracket as him regarding statistics then I see why you would mention them. To the best of my knowledge, they are not. Therefore it’s irrelevant. As for being wilfully ignorant, if you think Bazunu has had anything other than a bad season then it is your own ignorance you need to look at
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 1:55pm
Given how Bazunu & Travers have both struggled at PL level, I would guess Kelleher is also probably not ready for it. But f**k it, if he gets a chance he should probably take it.

Bazunu's save percentage is the worst in the Top 5 leagues in Europe, he's conceded about 20 more goals than he should have.
No PL club is going to be signing him as 1st choice (he wants to be playing). As a backup, to be developed and sold for profit? Sure, a few clubs would definitely pick him up.
He'll be much better off in the Championship for a season or 2.

And before anyone says "but Ramsdale was relegated twice!", his save percentage was far higher in both those seasons (69.5% & 70.9%) than Bazunus (54.2%).

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:10pm

What has he got to show for the 32 games? Not to mention he probably would have been dropped sooner only McCarthy has been injured. Nobody is questioning that he is a talented keeper. But the bottom line is that he is statistically the second worse goalkeeper in the league. If the other keepers his age that you refer to, are in the same bracket as him regarding statistics then I see why you would mention them. To the best of my knowledge, they are not. Therefore it’s irrelevant. As for being wilfully ignorant, if you think Bazunu has had anything other than a bad season then it is your own ignorance you need to look at

What does he have to show for it? Is that a serious question? He has a full season of EPL football under his belt to show for it, being one of the youngest goalkeepers EVER to play that many games at the top level. I get there's a massive tilt towards negativity when it comes to our players, but any idiot who actually watches a bit of football should realise how unbelievably rare it is for such a young goalkeeper to be a starter in a top league. It's hens teeth rare if you need the additional hint.
We're decent enough..
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:12pm

What does he have to show for it? Is that a serious question? He has a full season of EPL football under his belt to show for it, being one of the youngest goalkeepers EVER to play that many games at the top level. I get there's a massive tilt towards negativity when it comes to our players, but any idiot who actually watches a bit of football should realise how unbelievably rare it is for such a young goalkeeper to be a starter in a top league. It's hens teeth rare if you need the additional hint.

*a full season of EPL football where his team were relegated

Fixed that for you 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 171>
  Share Topic