You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 171>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 2:33pm
He has been terribly advised 

Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

He has been terribly advised 

Maybe he was happy to stay there last season?
These are people at the end of the day, not machines. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 2:47pm
He's got about 12 to 15 years to play for some sh*te club.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 2:58pm
Kelleher will almost certainly want to move on this summer and I’m confident he will. What sort of move that be is massively open to interpretation a while. 

Will he be sold or loaned,will there be a buy back or not. Will it be a PL club and if a PL is turned off by his valuation or the plight of Meslier and Bazunu (young keepers in the PL) this season does he go to a club like Celtic/top Championship club on loan. 

Or does he go to a decent European club that could afford him and would be happier to take a chance on him with a view to selling back for stupid English money as they call it in Germany. 

So many variables and options for him yet. Liverpool won’t want to get rode out of a deal or leave him go without sorting their homegrown quota either. 

It will likely take time. 

You can crab his lack of senior games all you want but he’s won trophies at a big club which is more then what most Irish players can boast of in the last 20 years. He’s not doing that bad at all. 

Edited by kevin100 - 31 May 2023 at 3:03pm
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

You can crab his lack of senior games all you want but he’s won trophies at a big club which is more then what most Irish players can boast of in the last 20 years. He’s not doing that bad at all. 
Ah come on. The only trophy he can get some credit for is the Carabao Cup when he scored the winning penalty. 

The lad is ultimately living the dream right now. Earning silly money to show up to training and play a few cup games a year for one of the biggest clubs in the game. I'd expect him to leave, but wouldn't blame him for hanging on another year.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 3:29pm
It's very likely that Klopp will want to keep him and not sell him, he may offer to play him in all the EL games and maybe the League cup games too.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 4:08pm
Remember the big fuss Klopp made about actually playing him in that Carabao Cup final, when it was meant to be Kelleher's competition. Sounded like he was close enough to sticking Alisson in for the final, but went with Kelleher in the end. I wouldn't even back him to get the Europa League games if he stays - maybe one or two dead rubbers at the end of the group but that's about it.
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 4:13pm
I think it would make sense for him to go out on loan, probably to the Championship. That way Liverpool aren't committing to anything and we and everyone else finds out once and for all what is level is.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It's very likely that Klopp will want to keep him and not sell him, he may offer to play him in all the EL games and maybe the League cup games too.

He also needs to raise money too to reinvest into the team. Some talk this morning that Fábio Carvalho who only signed last summer could be sold but will include a buy back clause.

I'm sure Klopp would love to keep Kelleher and only see that happening if they raise money from other transfers or clubs can't agree a deal. But Kelleher should really be putting his foot

If Brighton are showing interest then Kelleher should put the foot down and force through a move. If he can't get a decent move then one more season wouldn't be the end of the world but should get assurances that he'll be first choice cup keeper if staying.

Liverpool should go far in Europa and if Kelleher is first choice should get him a decent move in 12 months if one doesn't happen this morning.

Edited by J89 - 31 May 2023 at 4:27pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 3:09pm
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1664225363893862400?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ 

Interesting that the fee compared to what is reported has been reduced. Wonder how come this is the case. A player on a cut price deal going the other way in return perhaps?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1664225363893862400?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ 

Interesting that the fee compared to what is reported has been reduced. Wonder how come this is the case. A player on a cut price deal going the other way in return perhaps?

A clause in his contract. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 11:32am
Caoimhin was apparently paid over £400,000 per game played last season, or £4,500 per minute of senior club football. If he does end up staying another year he won't be poor anyway.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Caoimhin was apparently paid over £400,000 per game played last season, or £4,500 per minute of senior club football. If he does end up staying another year he won't be poor anyway.

That's sick 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2023 at 6:30pm
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1668999176720351239?s=46&t=-TA17a1N4n3Rnnq4IlfqEQ 

Brentford and Brighton potentially have new deals for goalkeepers wrapped up now. 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2023 at 7:20pm
Possibly puts burnley in the race now 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2023 at 7:24pm
I have a funny feeling the lad will stay at Liverpool. Teams priced out of a move basically. 

Unless Spurs wanted to pay the fee/they loan him out. Hard to see Spurs paying that fee. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2023 at 7:46pm
Not when they're spending £40m on Raya. Can't see Burnley paying the money Liverpool would want either.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2023 at 9:16pm
Sheffield United on loan is looking about as good as it's likely to get at this point. The one Premier League game he played at the end of last season combined with Liverpool's habit of overvaluing reserve players will make a permanent transfer difficult for him this summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 171>
  Share Topic