Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 171>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Can’t see any prem club buying a second choice keeper to Alex McCarthy

Absolutely no guarantee he gets back into the team next season either. Could end up going on loan to a championship club 

Bazunu has played 32 league games this year, McCarthy has played 2. 

If you can't see why clubs would be interested in a 21 year old goalkeeper with 3 seasons of first team football under his belt already, as well as fitting the archetypal "modern" goalkeeping style, then you're just being wilfilly ignorant. He's got top level potential, there are only a handful of goalkeepers in the world playing at a comparative level at his age.

What has he got to show for the 32 games? Not to mention he probably would have been dropped sooner only McCarthy has been injured. Nobody is questioning that he is a talented keeper. But the bottom line is that he is statistically the second worse goalkeeper in the league. If the other keepers his age that you refer to, are in the same bracket as him regarding statistics then I see why you would mention them. To the best of my knowledge, they are not. Therefore it’s irrelevant. As for being wilfully ignorant, if you think Bazunu has had anything other than a bad season then it is your own ignorance you need to look at

What does he have to show for it? Is that a serious question? He has a full season of EPL football under his belt to show for it, being one of the youngest goalkeepers EVER to play that many games at the top level. I get there's a massive tilt towards negativity when it comes to our players, but any idiot who actually watches a bit of football should realise how unbelievably rare it is for such a young goalkeeper to be a starter in a top league. It's hens teeth rare if you need the additional hint.

*a full season of EPL football where his team were relegated

Fixed that for you 

Which is still a full season? Why don't tou draw us up a list there of younger goalkeepers who have played over 30 EPL games in a season? You'll soon demonstrate the dim-wittedness of your viewpoint.
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:28pm
So no matter how bad a player plays in a full season, it’s completely disregarded because he is young and played the full season (which he hasn’t as he was dropped)

It’s a sure sign you’re fighting a losing battle when you resort to using a phrase like ‘dim wittedness’ regarding someone else’s opinion. Bottom line Bazunu had a chance in the prem and wasn’t good enough. Hopefully if CK gets a chance he takes it and makes the No. 1 spot his own. If in years to come GB is back playing well, week in week out in the prem then we will have a great fight for the jersey
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:35pm

So no matter how bad a player plays in a full season, it’s completely disregarded because he is young and played the full season (which he hasn’t as he was dropped)

It’s a sure sign you’re fighting a losing battle when you resort to using a phrase like ‘dim wittedness’ regarding someone else’s opinion. Bottom line Bazunu had a chance in the prem and wasn’t good enough. Hopefully if CK gets a chance he takes it and makes the No. 1 spot his own. If in years to come GB is back playing well, week in week out in the prem then we will have a great fight for the jersey

You can only judge a player by comparison, and the relevant comparison is that there are only a tiny number of goalkeepers who have played a top level season at Bazunu's age. If you're struggling to understand the significance of that, your opinion is worth very little.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you about whether starting 32 out of 34 games constitutes a full season, because suggesting it doesn't is too ridiculous to even bother with.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 4:24pm
Greener92, you seem to putting the blame for Southampton relegation on the shoulders of Bazunu. 

Another way to look it is that Bournemouth, Leicester, Leeds and Forest have all conceded more goals than Southampton. Yet, only Everton have only scored 1 goal less than Southampton. So it's very likely if they scored more goals they wouldn't be relegated.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Greener92, you seem to putting the blame for Southampton relegation on the shoulders of Bazunu. 

Another way to look it is that Bournemouth, Leicester, Leeds and Forest have all conceded more goals than Southampton. Yet, only Everton have only scored 1 goal less than Southampton. So it's very likely if they scored more goals they wouldn't be relegated.

Not all the blame, but some yes. Been a number of shots that he should be saving as there’s no doubting his ability. He saves them and they don’t go down
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 4:50pm

You can only judge a player by comparison, and the relevant comparison is that there are only a tiny number of goalkeepers who have played a top level season at Bazunu's age. If you're struggling to understand the significance of that, your opinion is worth very little.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you about whether starting 32 out of 34 games constitutes a full season, because suggesting it doesn't is too ridiculous to even bother with.

You're arguing that Bazunu was a starting PL GK at such a young age is very rare and therefore a positive.

But Bazunu has shown exactly why it's a rare thing, Southampton have been rooted to the bottom of the table for most of the season and are getting relegated - Bazunu's huge under-performance in keeping the ball out of the net being a big contribution to that. That is not a good thing, in fact it could be confidence destroying for a lot of players (experienced or not).

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 7:36pm
I am a huge admirer of Bazunu. I still think he has a high ceiling and the difficulty of this season will stand to him. 

I also think thing Kelleher has the attributes to be a too keeper, but we won't know until he plays regularly!

For Ireland it will boil down who is playing regularly. If that's Kelleher then he should be number 1
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 9:01am
Tottenham have reportedly entered the Caoimhin Kelleher "signing race" (the race apparently being with Brentford and Brighton if this story was to be true). Brighton badly need a keeper upgrade to be fair.

Edited by You Tell Me - 09 May 2023 at 9:02am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Tottenham have reportedly entered the Caoimhin Kelleher "signing race" (the race apparently being with Brentford and Brighton if this story was to be true). Brighton badly need a keeper upgrade to be fair.

LFC reportedly are very interested in Mac Allister too, so perhaps some sort of arrangement could be arrived at. Would be an excellent move for Caoimhin (and for Brighton imo).

I dont think LFC would fancy selling him to Spurs and most reports are indicating that LFC want to insert some sort of buyback clause which I think would rule Spurs out. 
Idah Dream!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 11:11am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Can rule Brentford out now as they look to be signing Flekken to replace Reya.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 12:14pm
Still think Celtic might be a good option for him for a couple of years
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Might as well just stay on the bench at Liverpool, probably have about the same amount of saves to make in a season.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Celtic would only work if it was a season long loan which Is not what either LFC or Caoimhin want afaik. Celtic wont pay the fee required to sign him, likely to be in the region of €20mn, maybe a little less if there's a buy back clause included, a little more if it's an outright sale with no clauses.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 1:26pm
On Kelleher leaving and Klopps comments the other day. I still make it more then likely he will leave in the summer.

Do think Liverpool playing in the Europa League opens up a slight possibility he will stay one more season for them if guarenteed those games. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 1:32pm
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/i-honestly-cant-see-caoimhin-leaving-jurgen-klopp-says-it-will-take-an-extraordinary-offer-for-kelleher-to-move/a1279141342.html

AFAIK Adrians contract runs out in the summer and will be leaving - although 5 other players said their goodbyes  on Saturday.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 1:43pm
Negotiation tactic from Klopp I think after the report about Brentford thinking he was overpriced. Liverpool looking to get as much as they can for him to help fund the rebuild. But then, if they'd played him more, he'd probably be worth more. The danger is that nobody offers enough to make it worthwhile to sell him and he ends up staying.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 2:11pm
Of the first team squad who are leaving, Milner and Ox would fall into the home grown category so letting Kelleher go also would put them well under the quota needed which might be a reason Liverpool might chose to hold on to him.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Of the first team squad who are leaving, Milner and Ox would fall into the home grown category so letting Kelleher go also would put them well under the quota needed which might be a reason Liverpool might chose to hold on to him.

Apparently there is interest from LFC in Ron Robert Zieler, 34 now but qualifies as home grown. Kelleher's departure may rest on LFC's success in the transfer market with the likes of Mount - they will have issues with their home grown quota if Kelleher and Nat Phillips leave along with Milner and Ox. I guess Klopp might guarantee Kelleher EL and Cup games if LFC end up having to keep him, but it would be preferrable if he got a move this summer from an Irish pov.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 171>
  Share Topic