You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 173>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

The Scottish League is a Top 10 League in Europe or if not very close to it. Of course he would develop more playing Sheffield every week than Ross County but he won’t be playing either team every week. You have taken the top teams from the Championship and the worst team in SPL by a distance to try and prove your point. 

Is it? And if it is, that is surely down to the efforts of Celtic and Rangers? Even a cursory look at the squads of the likes of Hearts etc would demonstrate fairly low quality outside of the top two.

The SPL is currently ranked 9th, Portugal is 7th, mainly as a result of the performance of the Top 3 or 4 clubs in that League, thats how the ranking system works - its based on the performance of the clubs in each league in European competition over the previous 5 years.

How many leagues are there?

55, near enough the same as the number of UEFA member countries. LoI comes in at #36.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 1:08pm
Think he stays in England and likely at a PL club/upper championship.

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 1:14pm
he is not going to Celtic ffs
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Unless he has a poor agent and/or a Championship club are willing to spend 15mn plus on a goalkeeper, he wont be going there imo.
Idah Dream!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 1:24pm
Celtic simply will not pay 20m for a goal keeper.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 1:30pm

Unless he has a poor agent and/or a Championship club are willing to spend 15mn plus on a goalkeeper, he wont be going there imo.
I could see Leicester signing him, although they might be wary after how Danny Ward's turned out. Kelleher is the same age now as Ward would have been when he moved, and far less experienced.

Edited by SeaSharp - 22 Mar 2023 at 1:43pm
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Lets not a basic fact like that get in the way of mindless speculation 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

I could see Leicester signing him, although they might be wary after how Danny Ward's turned out. Kelleher is the same age now as Ward would have been when he moved, and far less experienced.

But a far better keeper and I saw plenty of Ward before he signed for Leicester, I was amazed we got what we did for him, never looked much use to me. Kelleher looks a fine keeper, always has!
Idah Dream!
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 2:27pm

But a far better keeper and I saw plenty of Ward before he signed for Leicester, I was amazed we got what we did for him, never looked much use to me. Kelleher looks a fine keeper, always has!

Ah here, the Irish forum poster referring to the English club as ' we ' in the Ireland section will always be funny. And fu ck ing ridiculous 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Ah here, the Irish forum poster referring to the English club as ' we ' in the Ireland section will always be funny. And fu ck ing ridiculous 

Not even going to go there. You have little to be worrying about!
Idah Dream!
Tweetering View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweetering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 2:46pm
Reports of interest from Aston Villa, with Martinez expected to move on.

He would suit Emery's style of play. 
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 2:46pm

Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

Not even going to go there. You have little to be worrying about!

Already there
Can open  worms everywhere 

Are we upset this season has tailspun so badly  ?
Do we think Klopp can turn it round for us & make us happy again   ?  

Hupyaboya
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 3:04pm

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Celtic a really sh*tty option. Hopefully he'll start at a championship club. He's well and truly been f**ked over by Liverpool but he was poorly advised the past few years. If he can kick on next season whilst playing regularly we could have the deepest goalkeeping options in international football

Whatever one’s opinion about Celtic they are a team playing CL football and competing for honours. A Championship club is not a superior option to them.
A few games of CL football a year wouldn't make up for the other 30 odd games a year against League One standard teams.

I’m gonna take it you don’t believe he will get a PL move? 

Juranovic,Edouard,Ajer,Tierney,Frimpong,Dembele at least 6 players in the 4/5 years that have gotten proper moves to proper clubs off the back of playing for Celtic and this is a Celtic team in a very good place will be competing for and winning trophies and guaranteed CL the ultimate shop window. 

My mistake he would better off playing for Preston or Luton. It would scare football fans in any other country how much Irish fans overate the Championship.  

I dunno about that. I have very little interest in English football but at the end of the day, the Championship is the 8th richest league on the world. It is extremely professional and very competitive given the money that is up for grabs. 

He needs to go somewhere that he will be involved in competitive football matches every week. The SPL is not that league. 
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Was very close to Villa when he was 15.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by Tweetering Tweetering wrote:

Was very close to Villa when he was 15.

Would be a good move imo. Emery will have them challenging for Europe next season.
Idah Dream!
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Or anyone. Unfortunately.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 8:40pm
After tonight, his transfer value went down like a Swiss bank 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 8:42pm
Very poor tonight. 

This lad needs to be playing week in, week out to have a chance. Klopp binning him at the end of the season will do him the world of good long term. 

Disaster going to Celtic though if true. Villa would be a great move 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 173>
  Share Topic