You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 171>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:24am

Fooking weirdoes in this thread. What has Bazunu, or any other keeper, got to do with Kelleher having a great night? 

El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:26am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Fooking weirdoes in this thread. What has Bazunu, or any other keeper, got to do with Kelleher having a great night? 

.....is right.
We've three talented keepers - It's great. End of. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

If he wasn't so unambitious and actually started his senior career instead of warming the Liverpool bench 95% of the time, we'd know if he's actually a reliable GK over a large sample of games or not.

Not knockout conditions or games against League One opponents at home.

He turns 24 in less than 2 weeks. He needs to move on from Liverpool.

So winning cup finals single handedly and gold medals at one of the biggest clubs in the world, is regarded as unambitious these days, is it?

When Bazunu was chucking away goals and points against opponents from the pub league week in week out to get his side up to the dizzying heights of mid table, he was hailed as our undisputed No 1, even the goat here. He still is chucking them away like confetti of course in the middle of a relegation battle, and his manager has been sacked for it. When Kelleher is keeping clean sheets against opponents from the pub league, he's told he needs to clear off. Again.

We know he's reliable, for club and country. What we need is for people to believe in him. 

Final, not finals. You do realise that he didn't actually save a single penalty in The League Cup final, right? He just happened to not be a complete idiot like Kepa who blazed his over the bar.

There is no real relegation battle at this stage of the season. Only 6 points separates Forest (20th) from Brentford (11th). Hassenhütl is the 6th manager to be sacked this season, so there must be a lot of PL goalkeepers who don't like confetti.

You act like Kelleher is regularly keeping cleans sheets. It's 9 from 18 overall. 3 out of 6 in The PL and CL.

Arsenal put 5 past him at Anfield, Villa put 5 past him at Villa Park, Leicester put 3 past him at Anfield. And those are just in The League Cup.

Judging a GK on just clean sheets is a flawed metric. Ederson will regularly win The Golden Glove over Alisson, despite being an inferior GK overall.

Sweeper actions, command of area (high balls), shot stopping, passing accuracy and passing range are what a GK should be judged on.

They're both good goalkeepers in most areas, but Bazunu has a higher ceiling at 20.

In your opinion! Mine differs. I like both keepers and I am happy to have them, but Bazunu's move hasnt gone smoothly thus far and he looked short on confidence to me vs Newcastle at the weekend, growing pains perhaps, but he isnt performing well atm. See hereunder.

Just throwing it out there - I think its fair to say that thus far, the move hasnt worked out great for Gavin and with Mc Carthy's heroics last night, he could come under pressure for his first team spot.

'I hate to say it, but the numbers aren’t going to help Gavin Bazunu' (the42.ie)

“He’s in the top five for the amount of shots that he’s faced and yet he’s 15th for the amount of saves he’s made,” said Keegan. “Which all then correlates to one stat which you’re not going to like . . . He’s 22nd for the percentage of shots he’s saved.”

Top of the Premier League for xG prevented is Alisson Becker, with 5.9, so he’s saved almost six goals which in theory he shouldn’t,” Keegan said. Keegan said that Bazunu is last on the xG prevented table, on minus 8.3. 

Is Planning your burner account? Do you support Liverpool?

I support Liverpool and thus have watched a lot of Kelleher over the years at U23/U21 level. He's top notch, amazing temperament and composure and brilliant with the ball at his feet. I think he is a better keeper than Bazunu. I dont agree with Planning at all - he tends to denigrate Bazunu, who is a keeper I also rate highly, but whether you like it or not, he's having a poor season thus far and is in real danger of losing his first team spot. That brings me no joy, I'm an Irish fan first and foremost and I want Gav delivering on his undoubted potential - he's just not playing well and looks short on confidence atm.

Thanks. Liverpool fan. That's all I needed to know.

Thanks, Not a Liverpool fan, thats all I needed to know!
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

.....is right.

I'm not sure on Travers tbh - reckon O'Leary could easily be at a similar level to him, but just to be clear I will re-iterate that we have 2 potentially world class keepers in Bazunu and Kelleher and I am very happy with that. Now if only we could find a potentially world class midfielder or attacker or two, that would be lovely.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:41am
I think the most interesting thing with Kelleher will be when we find out this coming summer what 20 or so appearances for Liverpool is valued at out in the real world. He will surely want to be a first choice keeper wherever he goes next, whether it's a loan or permanent move.

Is it enough that a Premier League team will sign him to be a first choice, like Southampton did with Bazunu? Failing that, Bundesliga or Ligue 1 maybe? Or, more likely, somewhere like a Middlesbrough, Stoke or Bristol City in the Championship?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:26pm
Klopp might move on and take him with him
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think the most interesting thing with Kelleher will be when we find out this coming summer what 20 or so appearances for Liverpool is valued at out in the real world. He will surely want to be a first choice keeper wherever he goes next, whether it's a loan or permanent move.

Is it enough that a Premier League team will sign him to be a first choice, like Southampton did with Bazunu? Failing that, Bundesliga or Ligue 1 maybe? Or, more likely, somewhere like a Middlesbrough, Stoke or Bristol City in the Championship?

Maybe Southampton might be interested Wink
Idah Dream!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 3:24pm
That 3rd penalty save was ridiculous.

Looks to have bulked up a bit since the summer.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 6:56pm

Final, not finals. You do realise that he didn't actually save a single penalty in The League Cup final, right? He just happened to not be a complete idiot like Kepa who blazed his over the bar.

There is no real relegation battle at this stage of the season. Only 6 points separates Forest (20th) from Brentford (11th). Hassenhütl is the 6th manager to be sacked this season, so there must be a lot of PL goalkeepers who don't like confetti.

There is a relegation battle, hence why there have been 6 sackings already. Everyone wants to avoid the pub league at all costs. 

Kelleher scored the winning penalty in the final, so yes he won the final all by himself. Kepa pretended he was taking a goal kick instead. 

Bazunu has kept one clean sheet all season and conceded 4 goals in 2 games for us. His side are in the drop zone. Scant reward for a 20mn quid investment and the chance to play every week. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 7:32pm

.....is right.

I'm not sure on Travers tbh - reckon O'Leary could easily be at a similar level to him, but just to be clear I will re-iterate that we have 2 potentially world class keepers in Bazunu and Kelleher and I am very happy with that. Now if only we could find a potentially world class midfielder or attacker or two, that would be lovely.

Travers was the best keeper in the Championahip last season. O'Leary can't even get in the Bristol City team. Not sure how you've come to your conclusion there
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 7:40pm
He is in Bristol team and was MOTM at weekend 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2022 at 7:06am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

.....is right.

Travers was the best keeper in the Championahip last season. O'Leary can't even get in the Bristol City team. Not sure how you've come to your conclusion there

O'Leary has been the Bristol City starting keeper for a while now. It's not injury related, he's the first choice.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 12:45am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Is it enough that a Premier League team will sign him to be a first choice, like Southampton did with Bazunu? Failing that, Bundesliga or Ligue 1 maybe? Or, more likely, somewhere in the Championship?

Klopp got it spot on when he said, being the No. 1 keeper at the wrong club is not necessarily a good place to be. 

Another clean sheet for us at the weekend, and another win away from home. This man keeps clean sheets on a regular basis, is a penalty saving expert, is calm on the ball and controlled and assertive without it. It's a pity he isn't No. 1 every week, but given the choice I think he would rather try and win the European and other cups again than try to beat the drop. 
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 5:22pm

but…. HE’S NOT PLAYING. !!!! holy feck Big smileBig smileBig smile
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:12pm
Our number 1 LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:13pm
No clean sheet tonight 
Planning will be distraught 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Our number 1 LOL

He just conceded a peno on the Late show. He was very static on his line. He’ll be disappointed with his effort 
El Puto Amo
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No clean sheet tonight 
Planning will be distraught 

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 102103104105106 171>
  Share Topic