You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 171>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Would it be a fair comment that there are Liverpool fans on here who are very pissed off with Kenny for picking Bazunu over Kelleher.... I wonder are some of the anti-Kenny crew coming at things with red tinted glasses as someone put it earlier?

In which case, Klopp's comments after the Norwich game will just stoke the fire.

I had to laugh at Klopps comments alright as if the Irish goalkeeping situation was all of a sudden a big issue to him. Klopps not stupid he's looking at Kelleher thinking Kelleher won't be happy being 2nd choice for Ireland and is no doubt worried that he might push for a loan/permanent move to push for that No.1 spot in the next year or two. 

Especially if it's continued to be implied not playing every week is a hindrance to him for Ireland.

He's worried about holding onto him.

Edited by kevin100 - 13 Oct 2021 at 10:21pm
Sponsored Links

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Imagine keeping a clean sheet at home to Qatar but being unable to keep one away to Portugal

No need to imagine it, as it has happened. It is good that now we've got to the stage where we can keep a clean sheet against Qatar. 6 months ago that wasn't possible with Bazunu in goal. 

Not many Ireland keepers have won their full debut 4-0. Even fewer face the axe for doing so, as Kelleher is. Assuming Klopp finds a way to play Alisson at the weekend, he has a League Cup game at Preston to prepare himself for. 

Edited by planning - 13 Oct 2021 at 10:41pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Imagine keeping a clean sheet at home to Qatar but being unable to keep one away to Portugal

No need to imagine it, as it has happened. It is good that now we've got to the stage where we can keep a clean sheet against Qatar. 6 months ago that wasn't possible with Bazunu in goal. 

Not many Ireland keepers have won their full debut 4-0. Even fewer face the axe for doing so, as Kelleher is. Assuming Klopp finds a way to play Alisson at the weekend, he has a League Cup game at Preston to prepare himself for. 

They had 2 shots on target, piss poor ones at that. I could of kept a clean sheet. I like Kelleher and wouldn't mind if he was our no.1 but your childish reasoning and obsession is laughable.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:20pm
Kelleher kept a clean sheet at Norwich yet Allison conceded 3 against Brentford and 2 against City

Disgraceful from Klopp 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 11:45pm
Kelleher was MOTM for me. Impressive 1st start keeping a clean sheet đź‘Ź 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 2:44am
Latest dispatches are that Alisson will be back for the Atletico Madrid game.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:02am
IIRC, I think planning has been realistic in his views on the team and Kenny over the course of this campaign, especially in comparison to other posters, but his views on our GK's are mental.

A definite LFC bias there.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:44am
To say that one goalie is better than the other, solely on the basis of goals conceded, while ignoring context such as opposition and team performance, is either a wind up or he's just missing the point on purpose.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:00am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

IIRC, I think planning has been realistic in his views on the team and Kenny over the course of this campaign, especially in comparison to other posters, but his views on our GK's are mental.

A definite LFC bias there.

If I remember rightly, his views were that we were so bad that gaining any points at all in the group should be seen as a massive achievement by Kenny. I think that's actually more bizarre than his GK views, which is saying something.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:01am
How is this fella even being entertained on this ?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 11:56am
Klopp confirms that Kelleher will start against Watford.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 12:30pm
https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-confirms-caoimhin-kelleher-will-start-for-liverpool-at-watford-40951716.html

Have I gone mad or is this basically confirmjng Kelleher plays the Man Utd game next weekend as well??
PaConnors View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-confirms-caoimhin-kelleher-will-start-for-liverpool-at-watford-40951716.html

Have I gone mad or is this basically confirmjng Kelleher plays the Man Utd game next weekend as well??

It says "10 days" but I'd be surprised if that means Alisson stays in Spain for that long.

Maybe Klopp has "10 days" in his head because that would be the gap between the Brazil match and the Man United match. 
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 3:23pm
From here:

"If you’ve been in a red list country in the 10 days before you arrive in England, once you arrive you must:
  • quarantine for 10 full days in a managed quarantine hotel (the day you arrive in England is day 0)
  • take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 of quarantining – these are included in your hotel package

You must follow these rules even if you’ve been fully vaccinated."

Looks like Alisson will head straight to Madrid & stay there for 10 days before heading back to Liverpool. The game vs Man Utd is on day 10 (assuming today is day 1), so it looks like Kelleher could very well get that game, too. The EFL Cup game vs Preston is the following Tuesday, so he'll probably get that too.

Potentially 3 games in quick succession for Kelleher.

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 3:46pm
"Will come back slightly later then us 10 days over there and then come back" Liverpool vs Man Utd will be on day 10 they wouldnt have got to Spain until at least today if not tonight so technically he plays that too. Now they may sort something out in the meantime but that's what it sounds like to me as it stands. 

If not he gets this League game and the Cup against Preston. Delighted for him a nice little reward for him to remind him the perks of being back up in such a top team.  If he gets 3/4 games by November and does well it really does crank the heat up on the Bazunu or Kelleher debate coming into it.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 3:56pm

"Will come back slightly later then us 10 days over there and then come back" Liverpool vs Man Utd will be on day 10 they wouldnt have got to Spain until at least today if not tonight so technically he plays that too. Now they may sort something out in the meantime but that's what it sounds like to me as it stands. 

If not he gets this League game and the Cup against Preston. Delighted for him a nice little reward for him to remind him the perks of being back up in such a top team.  If he gets 3/4 games by November and does well it really does crank the heat up on the Bazunu or Kelleher debate coming into it.

I'm an LFC fan and I think Kelleher is an outstanding talent, but assuming Bazunu isn't either dropped or injured, then I honestly don't see how you could take the jersey off him right now, regardless of Kelleher's minutes over the next 4 weeks. Longer term, I genuinely think Kelleher has a bit more about him and I'd fancy him to emerge on top, but Bazunu is still only 19, so has three years on him, a head scratcher. A nice dilemma!
Idah Dream!
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I'm an LFC fan and I think Kelleher is an outstanding talent, but assuming Bazunu isn't either dropped or injured, then I honestly don't see how you could take the jersey off him right now, regardless of Kelleher's minutes over the next 4 weeks. Longer term, I genuinely think Kelleher has a bit more about him and I'd fancy him to emerge on top, but Bazunu is still only 19, so has three years on him, a head scratcher. A nice dilemma!

The other way around for me. If you have a GK playing games for one of the top teams in the world you can't possibly bypass him for a League 1 GK, regardless of how good Bazunu has been for us.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Oh Bazunu is No.1 as it stands for November and will be regardless. I get what Greenie says but it will be very hard for Kenny to drop Bazunu in that scenario but it will still crack the heat up on the debate further it will be a very hot topic. đź‘€

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Oct 2021 at 4:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 171>
  Share Topic