You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 173>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:06pm
Journalists asked him some daft questions in his presser. Glad he will be starting tonight
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:15pm
He comes across as being a real cool customer and assured. Keeper that defenders love to play with. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:17pm
He could have sat on a chair tonight in goal. One of those folding chairs.
I love beer gardens
RobsYourUncle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsYourUncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:20pm
I don't think we learned anything about CaoimhĂ­n tonight, certainly wasn't given much of an opportunity to play himself into the number 1 spot. Not through any fault of his own obviously 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:25pm
Hopefully get a big name friendly in March. Get him a good run out against a big team. He'd have learned very little tonight 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 10:27pm
Played more the sweeper tonight rather than the goalie.

Wonder if Travers deserves a chance too though. Seeing as he's playing regularly in a league above bazunu and is the first team keeper of a team that may very well be in the premier league next year.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 11:27pm
He does, but we can't play them all, someone has to be third choice keeper and its Travers at the moment. A bit like Dean Kiely years ago, it's very hard to get game time from third choice.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 4:50am
Arguably, they all deserve their chance. But Bazunu is the undisputed number 1 at the moment, and deserves to have the number 1 spot more than Kelleher and Travers at the moment.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Played more the sweeper tonight rather than the goalie.

Wonder if Travers deserves a chance too though. Seeing as he's playing regularly in a league above bazunu and is the first team keeper of a team that may very well be in the premier league next year.

Travers deserves more of a shout than Kelleher at the moment because hes playing week in, week out at club level 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:03am
I found myself agreeing with Lisa Fallon last night before kick off. Bazunu should have started. Delighted CK got a start as he appears to be a really competent keeper and it provides him with a little bit more experience in the event of injury. 

However, Bazunu is only 8 caps in and whilst he has been nothing short of brilliant, he is still learning and getting to know those on front of him.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:14am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Arguably, they all deserve their chance. But Bazunu is the undisputed number 1 at the moment, and deserves to have the number 1 spot more than Kelleher and Travers at the moment.

Exactly,

It's all about taking your opportunity when it arises. Travers had that chance against Serbia and didn't take it and if the roles were reversed with Bazunu and Kelleher, it would be Kelleher as #1 and Bazunu playing as backup.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:19am
exactly travers got his chance and we know how that went.  Only way he gets back in is injuries or he is playing week out in EPL and the others are not. It’s clear where the raw talent lies here and it’s with the two lads and that should be backed and nurtured and it is, not chopping and changing because some manager in
England is picking Travers and Klopp isn’t picking Kelleher. 

Edited by Baldrick - 13 Oct 2021 at 9:20am
AKA pedantic kunt
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:29am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I found myself agreeing with Lisa Fallon last night before kick off. Bazunu should have started. Delighted CK got a start as he appears to be a really competent keeper and it provides him with a little bit more experience in the event of injury. 

However, Bazunu is only 8 caps in and whilst he has been nothing short of brilliant, he is still learning and getting to know those on front of him.

Completely disagreed with her and Didi on this. Bazunu is our number 1 right now no question. Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be testing another keeper esp as it was a friendly. How many times in years past have we moaned about players not getting a chance. Bazunu could get injured. As it happens Kelleher wasn't really tested last night but nobody could have predicted that before the game. We need options all over the pitch. 
I love beer gardens
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Completely disagreed with her and Didi on this. Bazunu is our number 1 right now no question. Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be testing another keeper esp as it was a friendly. How many times in years past have we moaned about players not getting a chance. Bazunu could get injured. As it happens Kelleher wasn't really tested last night but nobody could have predicted that before the game. We need options all over the pitch. 

Agreed 100%, if not last night then when? Baz has the jersey and rightly so, but what happens if there is a l/t injury to Alisson and Kelleher starts playing regularly for LFC? What happnes if Baz picks up an injury? Anyway, it's a great position to be in - but we need to be giving Kelleher minutes when we can and last night was an obvious opportunity. Bazunu could be recalled at Christmas and end up on the bench at Citeh. It's also possible Travers could be the only one playing regular ft football next season and possibly in the PL.
Idah Dream!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:40am
Yeah no issue with Kelleher playing. The experience will have done him good if he does have to be called upon. 

Friendly was important and we played a strong side but it was also good to give fringe players a run as they need to be ready when needed
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Agreed 100%, if not last night then when? Baz has the jersey and rightly so, but what happens if there is a l/t injury to Alisson and Kelleher starts playing regularly for LFC? What happnes if Baz picks up an injury? Anyway, it's a great position to be in - but we need to be giving Kelleher minutes when we can and last night was an obvious opportunity. Bazunu could be recalled at Christmas and end up on the bench at Citeh. It's also possible Travers could be the only one playing regular ft football next season and possibly in the PL.

We find ourselves in unchartered territory. Yes we have had talented keepers in the past but we have never had two prospects as good as these two at the same time. 

But you are right, the pendulum could swing. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 10:58am
Anyone else think the boy Shay Given should have started?

Former Republic of Ireland manager Martin O&amp;#39;Neill objects to kids&amp;#39; football  pitch in Donegal - Independent.ie

Edited by Trap junior - 13 Oct 2021 at 10:59am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by RobsYourUncle RobsYourUncle wrote:

I don't think we learned anything about CaoimhĂ­n tonight, certainly wasn't given much of an opportunity to play himself into the number 1 spot. Not through any fault of his own obviously 

His major issue atm is that nobody wants him out there. Liverpool don't want him ahead of Alisson and Ireland don't want him ahead of Bazunu. That is what he's up against. 

Kelleher's only error was to be injured at the beginning of the campaign. He kept a clean sheet on his full debut. He kept a clean sheet on his senior  debut also, and therefore hasn't conceded any goals against us yet. I don't think you can ask for better than that in your first two games. If that record is not deemed good enough to keep his place (over someone who has conceded 7 goals in 8 games) that's not his fault. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4849505152 173>
  Share Topic