You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Caoimhín Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 171>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:25pm
Kelleher did well last night, granted it was against poor opposition. Bazunu was excellent in our last three games bar the odd poor decision which is to be expected at such a young age. This time last year had someone told me Randolph wouldn't be making squads I would be genuinely concerned. Now though these two young keepers have shown they are more than capable which is great 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 6:40pm
Planning is possibly the only poster who thinks Kelleher should play ahead of Bazunu.

Looking at the performances of the Ireland players in the last few Ireland games Bazunu comes out on top.1
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm
I am in the camp that I believe that Kelleher might just shade it for me given his excellent distribution with no effort at all. However, Bazunu absolutely has the jersey at present and it will take a Kelleher run at Liverpool playing savage to force any change unless Bazunu' performances drop off and makes big mistakes. 

But I am also not sure who has the higher ceiling, Bazunu is still so young and will likely get even better and those mistakes I do think are still in his game will hopefully be wiped out.

Could be that next season both of them are number 2 at City and Liverpool respectively 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 7:33pm
Kelleher has a champions league winners meda around his neck 😀😀😀😀.  

How did he contribute to that ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Flawless performance again who should be Ireland's No. 1, showing Bazunu how you keep a clean sheet. Not only did he save a crucial penalty, just look at how he cleared every through ball over his back four. When you see how Bazunu managed it In the Serbia game by completely missing everything and the ball, there really is no comparison between them. 

Kenny did show up to watch him, and he has a choice to make. Either he sticks with a keeper who can't keep clean sheets, costing us points and sending him nearer the exit door, or he plays someone he can rely upon to  keep clean sheets but can't play every week. For me, it's a no brainer. 
 Clown
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Kelleher has a champions league winners meda around his neck 😀😀😀😀.  

Bating out the best of rebel tunes to hype up the lads pre games.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:44pm

Kelleher has a champions league winners meda around his neck

Who gives a toss? He has one. What has Bazunu got? 

If he was keeping clean sheets, I would understand why he's playing instead of Kelleher, but he's not and we're losing games and points, so...
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:21pm
I personally prefer Kelleher of the two but it is very tight! They are two outstanding prospects and it's not a million to one both will be back ups at City and Liverpool respectively next year. 

Kelleher is in a lovely spot now as No.2 a good Cup run or two and touch wood a good old fashioned injury for Alisson at some stage allowing Kelleher to dip in and out PL/CL games will give him 10 games plus this season. That alone on his CV would be enough to attract proper interest when he inevitably looks to go on loan down the line eventually he will do! 

I can see how Bazunu is first choice at Ireland for the moment mind! 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:53pm

If he was keeping clean sheets, I would understand why he's playing instead of Kelleher, but he's not and we're losing games and points, so...

He is 19 ffs what do you expect him to have. We are not keeping clean sheets because we are not playing well enough and his goal is being peppered with shots.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I am in the camp that I believe that Kelleher might just shade it for me given his excellent distribution with no effort at all. However, Bazunu absolutely has the jersey at present and it will take a Kelleher run at Liverpool playing savage to force any change unless Bazunu' performances drop off and makes big mistakes. 

But I am also not sure who has the higher ceiling, Bazunu is still so young and will likely get even better and those mistakes I do think are still in his game will hopefully be wiped out.

Could be that next season both of them are number 2 at City and Liverpool respectively 

And this is a point that gets lost by some when comparing the two. There's a pretty big difference in terms of how close they are to the finished article between a 22 year old and a 19 year old goalkeeper. Now obviously neither are near the finished article yet - but for Bazunu to be as good as he as that age, for a goalkeeper, is pretty incredible.

I think both are on course to be potentially world class but there's still a bit of a way to go for both and it's a great position for us to be in to have the two of them. Although as another poster pointed out it's a shame in some ways as well if they do both go on to be top notch as unlike any other position on the pitch you can only use one at a time. But even at that it means you're not sh*tting bricks if one of them gets injured coming up to a big international game as the other one will be able to step in.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 11:55am
They both seem like decent lads as well, I wouldn't foresee one of them going off in a huff and quitting the squad if they become a clear second choice for us at any stage.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by planningLFC planningLFC wrote:

What a completely stupid post. LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 12:51pm
I agree, we should only look at players with CL or European Cup winners (sorry Gilesy) medals. So next time out Im thinking

Kelleher
Irwin  Lawrenson O Shea Finan Dunne
Heighway Keane (c) Whelan Brennan
                  Robinson 

Dunne, Robinson and Brennan are doubts though with rigor mortis.

Edited by rebelbrowser - 23 Sep 2021 at 12:55pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 12:52pm
We're fortunate to have two very promising goalkeeper's at present. Bazunu deserves his spot as number one given how he's played and also he's starting games week in week out.

If Kelleher gets a run of games maybe it'll be different. Plannings logic doesn't make any sense around the champions league medal.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

We're fortunate to have two very promising goalkeeper's at present. Bazunu deserves his spot as number one given how he's played and also he's starting games week in week out.

If Kelleher gets a run of games maybe it'll be different. Plannings logic doesn't make any sense around the champions league medal.
Three.
Travers could well be a regular first choice premier league goalkeeper before the other two if the cherries get promoted this season. 
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:44pm

He is 19 ffs what do you expect him to have. We are not keeping clean sheets because we are not playing well enough and his goal is being peppered with shots.

His age is no excuse. By 19, Kelleher was already at Liverpool and already playing pre season friendlies. By 20, he was making his senior debut and winning his European Cup medal. Now he's progressed to No. 2 at one of the biggest clubs in the world, facing some of the world's best forwards every day of the week.

Bazunu will never play a game for City, not even a pre season friendly. Instead he'll be sent out to whoever will take him, and he'll have no stability at club level. 7 goals conceded in 7 games is not very impressive for a goalkeeper at any level, and it shouldn't guarantee him a starting place here.

Kelleher doesn't make mistakes and Kenny can rely on him. But to do that, he has to get him off the bench and onto the pitch. When Jota comes to  Lansdowne next month, it will be Bazunu facing him instead of someone who does it every day of the week and knows his game inside out. That can only mean more goals conceded and the inevitable fallout from it, that we're all used to hearing and reading about, by now. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:50pm
Wow.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:56pm

His age is no excuse. By 19, Kelleher was already at Liverpool and already playing pre season friendlies. By 20, he was making his senior debut and winning his European Cup medal. Now he's progressed to No. 2 at one of the biggest clubs in the world, facing some of the world's best forwards every day of the week.

Bazunu will never play a game for City, not even a pre season friendly. Instead he'll be sent out to whoever will take him, and he'll have no stability at club level. 7 goals conceded in 7 games is not very impressive for a goalkeeper at any level, and it shouldn't guarantee him a starting place here.

Kelleher doesn't make mistakes and Kenny can rely on him. But to do that, he has to get him off the bench and onto the pitch. When Jota comes to  Lansdowne next month, it will be Bazunu facing him instead of someone who does it every day of the week and knows his game inside out. That can only mean more goals conceded and the inevitable fallout from it, that we're all used to hearing and reading about, by now. 

LOLLOL winning his European cup medal. 

Bazunu plays week in week out at the minute and has been brilliant for Ireland so far. 
Two very good keepers it seems, one has to miss out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 171>
  Share Topic