Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CaoimhĂ­n Kelleher

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 171>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:20pm
Randolph is and should be number 1.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:29pm
Not anymore HB.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:35pm
Kelleher looked good in his 45 mins. And I’m a fan of Randolph and Bazunu. Kelleher just has fantastic movement. He needs to play first team football, though. 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

There's good competition for the new irish number 1 with 3 keepers in the race for the shirt.

Bazunu
Kelleher 
Travers.

At the moment I'd have Bazunu in the lead for number 1 and if he gets a new loan deal and kelleher spends most of his time on the bench I think it'll stay that way.

If kelleher finds himself playing for Liverpool I think he'll get number1 without a doubt.

It’s such a pity Liverpool didn’t drop to the Europa League as Kelleher would have got those games he would have been in the perfect perfect spot. Still could easily find himself getting 10-15 games this season. Important hes fit for pre season now and gets those games too. All gametime is important to him. 

Still hes No.2 now behind a slightly accident prone lad for a goalkeeper in Alisson. He gets an injury for 3 weeks with Liverpool’s involvement and Kelleher finds himself playing 6/7 games straight away as No.1. It’s a magnificent spot for a young Irish player to find himself in and it’s something that should be taken as a major positive on this forum. 

I often think the understandable rubbish/doldrums we have have been served up off and on the field in the last few years makes people not quite grasp how positive stuff like this is especially with a view to the future.

Edited by kevin100 - 14 Jun 2021 at 4:36pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Youre too loyal to the old guard HB
El Puto Amo
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

It’s such a pity Liverpool didn’t drop to the Europa League as Kelleher would have got those games he would have been in the perfect perfect spot. Still could easily find himself getting 10-15 games this season. Important hes fit for pre season now and gets those games too. All gametime is important to him. 

Still hes No.2 now behind a slightly accident prone lad for a goalkeeper in Alisson. He gets an injury for 3 weeks with Liverpool’s involvement and Kelleher finds himself playing 6/7 games straight away as No.1. It’s a magnificent spot for a young Irish player to find himself in and it’s something that should be taken as a major positive on this forum.

I know he wants more first team games, but I don't think Kelleher wanted Liverpool to drop out of the European Cup for any reason.

He has pre season, he has League/FA Cup games, any Alisson issue, training with world class players every day including matchday. No it's not ideal, but he could be off fighting relegation in a lower division, conceding loads of goals and having no confidence. In his short international career, Bazunu has failed to keep clean sheets against Luxembourg Andorra and Qatar. That's the alternative. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Randolph has been arguably the most consistent Irish player and one of our better players over the last say 5/6 years.
He has done nothing to warrant losing his place in the team.

However, If Kenny chooses Kelleher or Banzunu as number one then so be it, it will be up to Randolph to earn it back.

My response was directed at left foot, who he ultimately wants all senior players out of the squad and players he's not seen play before starting - and that is until he then comes to the conclusion they are not good enough.

Travers certainly should not be ahead of Randolph

Edited by horsebox - 14 Jun 2021 at 5:09pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

He has pre season, he has League/FA Cup games, any Alisson issue, training with world class players every day including matchday. No it's not ideal, but he could be off fighting relegation in a lower division, conceding loads of goals and having no confidence. In his short international career, Bazunu has failed to keep clean sheets against Luxembourg Andorra and Qatar. That's the alternative. 

Funny enough, I was 100% pro loaning Kelleher out until I saw one of his predecessors, Danny Ward at the weekend. Ward moved from Liverpool's bench to Leicester's and from Wikipedia, he hasn't yet reached 100 senior club games across all competitions, and last stood between the sticks in the EPL, before Wales started at Euro 2016. The guy was the difference between the Welsh getting a plucky draw, and losing 3-1 on Saturday.

Ward showed that you can still stand out even if you're not constantly playing.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

I know he wants more first team games, but I don't think Kelleher wanted Liverpool to drop out of the European Cup for any reason.

Oh of course he wouldn’t but I’m not Kelleher. It might have been a blessing in disguise 6 more games presumably more. He may well get a few Champions League games if they are sitting pretty and qualified too. 

As you put it pre season, Cup games, Alisson injured he could find himself playing plenty. I’m happy with him staying it’s a potentially dream situation to be in. 

Bazunu has a very very high ceiling too I wouldn’t use the lack of clean sheets as a stick to beat him with. Be interesting to see what he does next season. 

Edited by kevin100 - 14 Jun 2021 at 5:27pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:54pm

Randolph has been arguably the most consistent Irish player and one of our better players over the last say 5/6 years.

However, If Kenny chooses Kelleher or Banzunu as number one then so be it, it will be up to Randolph to earn it back.

My response was directed at left foot, who he ultimately wants all senior players out of the squad and players he's not seen play before starting - and that is until he then comes to the conclusion they are not good enough.

Not totally untrue. I feel Randolph has only played about 4 or 5 games this season for West Ham and I'm not sure he's looking to get much more than that next season unless fabianski leaves. I agree he's been brilliant for Ireland. But the west ham move looks like a well earned final pay day for Randolph at club level.

Coleman is still our best player and I hope he's got a few years left in him yet.

Duffy needs to prove the doubters wrong but having him in the squad is a good move.

Other over 30s like hendrick, hourihane, mccarthy and Long should be handing over to the younger players now but are probably still better options in the right now.

Mcclean I still think is a really good player to have in the squad.

I dont think idah, parrott, molumby or knight are at international standard yet but I'd rather see them get experienced sooner rather than later for the long term gain that should bring.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:54pm
I'd be going with Kelleher as first choice for Ireland if it came to the next game and they were all available. Randolph is suspect when it comes to his kicking under pressure and commanding his box. Kelleher appears very comfortable with the ball at his feet as well as being a good shot stopper. I have question marks about his command of the box from crosses.
Bazunu I need to see more of him under pressure 

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I'd be going with Kelleher as first choice for Ireland if it came to the next game and they were all available. Randolph is suspect when it comes to his kicking under pressure and commanding his box. Kelleher appears very comfortable with the ball at his feet as well as being a good shot stopper. I have question marks about his command of the box from crosses.
Bazunu I need to see more of him under pressure 

I’d want Randolph in the squad a 100%. Kelleher Bazunu and Randolph with Travers out the way a while hopefully he can get a loan to a League 1 club next season too and play some regular football. 

However we are building for the future and Kelleher and Bazunu are that. Leave them play these qualifiers now we are out the World Cup it’s done now. Let them play it out it’s time to establish them. 

Randolph I love has been a great servant but realistically isn’t great at playing it out from the back cost us a goal against Finland almost did it against Bulgaria. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Not totally untrue. I feel Randolph has only played about 4 or 5 games this season for West Ham and I'm not sure he's looking to get much more than that next season unless fabianski leaves. I agree he's been brilliant for Ireland. But the west ham move looks like a well earned final pay day for Randolph at club level.

Coleman is still our best player and I hope he's got a few years left in him yet.

Duffy needs to prove the doubters wrong but having him in the squad is a good move.

Other over 30s like hendrick, hourihane, mccarthy and Long should be handing over to the younger players now but are probably still better options in the right now.

Mcclean I still think is a really good player to have in the squad.

I dont think idah, parrott, molumby or knight are at international standard yet but I'd rather see them get experienced sooner rather than later for the long term gain that should bring.

You've decided to omit Randolph because he's a senior player, instead choosing Travers. 

It's likely all our goal keepers are going to be on the bench next season. Kelleher is staying as Liverpools number 2 anyway, the same with Randolph.

Travers and Banzunu may end up going on loan to the lower leagues again.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 9:25pm
I for one am glad he's staying at Liverpool and think folks may even be underrating his chances of ousting Alisson. There was a period last year where Alisson hit a really bad run of form. If he can do that once, he will probably do it again. Kelleher only needs one chance, he has serious quality.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

I for one am glad he's staying at Liverpool and think folks may even be underrating his chances of ousting Alisson. There was a period last year where Alisson hit a really bad run of form. If he can do that once, he will probably do it again. Kelleher only needs one chance, he has serious quality.

Long term I genuinely believe he has a big chance and it might sound bonkers but I just think this lad is an outrageous talent. He won’t do it this year and you may see him head out on loan if not next summer the summer after to a decent side first to further kick on before coming back in. Not entirely unlike Henderson at Man Utd. He will still only be 24/25 that season if he stayed at Liverpool for 2 more years as No.2 a young keeper.

I do think there’s a big chance you will see him as a Liverpool No.1 in the long long term. 

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Jun 2021 at 12:34am
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 12:26am
Despite his few mistakes this season, Becker is an absolute leader and beast and I can't see him being ousted in the next 3 years at least. I think kelleher should stay as the set in stone number 2, league cup and FA Cup keeper at least next season. Last season, dont think he was the firm number 2 and was toss up between he and Adrian. He took his chances and he should now be the absolute number 2 and Cup keeper and if he stays fit should still see a fair amount of games whilst being ready to step in if needed. All the while continuing his football education under one of the best

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 12:38am

Despite his few mistakes this season, Becker is an absolute leader and beast and I can't see him being ousted in the next 3 years at least. I think kelleher should stay as the set in stone number 2, league cup and FA Cup keeper at least next season. Last season, dont think he was the firm number 2 and was toss up between he and Adrian. He took his chances and he should now be the absolute number 2 and Cup keeper and if he stays fit should still see a fair amount of games whilst being ready to step in if needed. All the while continuing his football education under one of the best

Yes just to reiterate I don’t think he will directly “usurp” Allison but I don’t see Alisson staying at Liverpool forever. I think 3-5 years more perhaps. Not entirely unlike Henderson/De Gea at United where Henderson looks like he’s going to take the mantle with De Gea leaving. 

Kelleher only for his stomach injury would have played the few games Alisson was missing for with his Dad dying and all that. Around that time Alisson went through a bad patch and it would have been interesting would Klopp have slotted Kelleher in if he was fit for those games. Especially when he rushed Alisson back against City. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:03am

Yes just to reiterate I don’t think he will directly “usurp” Allison but I don’t see Alisson staying at Liverpool forever. I think 3-5 years more perhaps. Not entirely unlike Henderson/De Gea at United where Henderson looks like he’s going to take the mantle with De Gea leaving. 

Kelleher only for his stomach injury would have played the few games Alisson was missing for with his Dad dying and all that. Around that time Alisson went through a bad patch and it would have been interesting would Klopp have slotted Kelleher in if he was fit for those games. Especially when he rushed Alisson back against City. 

I wouldnt like to compare to Henderson, he's never going to be an elite keeper 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 171>
  Share Topic